• Released this week

Footballer Team Price Range Date Time Range
    Bruno Guimaraes Lyon £1.80 – £2.10 13/08/20 10:00 – 12:00
    Mitchel Bakker PSG £0.85 – £1.15 13/08/20 10:00 – 12:00
    Alan Patrick Shakhtar £0.40 – £0.70 13/08/20 10:00 – 12:00
    Dodo Shakhtar £0.90 – £1.20 14/08/20 10:00 – 12:00
    Liam Cooper Leeds United £0.45 – £0.65 14/08/20 10:00 – 12:00
    Adam Forshaw Leeds United £0.65 – £0.85 14/08/20 10:00 – 12:00

• @Wolvesfan1980 Bruno is of interest but it’s a high ipo price, unless you get in at the bottom. Might wait to see where he settles, think he could be a good pb player

• @Gregolocky yeah been waiting for him but I’m sure he’ll crash the system and I’ll end up with another Tanganga.

• Anyone think there will be any money to be made on any of these? I have never had a dabble at IPOs but have been clearing my port out, taking advantage of some of my early ME really low ball purchases and have a balance of £1.5k sat doing nothing and I refuse to get on the Sancho train and be sat with a load of futures that I will lose a shit load on.

• Bakker is an interesting one. 20 years old and joined PSG from Ajax. Only thing that puts me off is the competition for places. PSG have a number of full backs - Bernat, Kurzawa, Dagba and Kehrer has also been playing there too.

Still, might be worth a long term punt if you can get him at under £1.

• This will be my first IPO. How does it work in practice?

• You sit in front of your screen for a few hours with a balance of a few £k waiting for one of the names to appear on the ticker.

Once it appears on the ticker (usually about 3 hours after the deadline, you click on it in the hope you can get on at something approaching the initial price - you put your bid in and then press buy only for the App to freeze as the system inevitably crashes so you press it again a few times and you are left wondering whether you managed to secure that 19 year old Wolfsburg centre back who may feature in the reserves in 2026 at the bargain price of £2.80. only to find out 2 hours later when the system is back up and running that your are proud owner of 1500 shares at £5 each.

• @Richio basically you wait until the player you want to buy comes on the platform.

Some people keep typing the name in, others wait to see the sale go through on the tracker if you see it click it and it takes you to player page to buy.

Click buy at the price you see, thinking you have bought x amount of shares, click accept price change.

Purchase goes through at a much higher price than you imagined, giving you less shares.

Wait a few minutes to see the whales brag on here and or twitter saying I got 3,000 at -0.20p and i have made £7m profit.

I come on saying its broken and moan about why I never get involved in IPOs.

Others moan about bots and its not fair, but I believe that as much as I believe there is a nasty virus going round and a facemask will stop me from getting it.

That's pretty much it.

Good luck.

• @Advinculas-Index said in IPOs:

You sit in front of your screen for a few hours with a balance of a few £k waiting for one of the names to appear on the ticker.

Once it appears on the ticker (usually about 3 hours after the deadline, you click on it in the hope you can get on at something approaching the initial price - you put your bid in and then press buy only for the App to freeze as the system inevitably crashes so you press it again a few times and you are left wondering whether you managed to secure that 19 year old Wolfsburg centre back who may feature in the reserves in 2026 at the bargain price of £2.80. only to find out 2 hours later when the system is back up and running that your are proud owner of 1500 shares at £5 each.

Or what @Advinculas-Index said.

• @Millerman you’d be much better loading up on keepers mate, more long term cash to be made with the right choices.

Short term you could make a bit on the IPOs but it’s not something I’ll be jumping on again.

• @Millerman said in IPOs:

Anyone think there will be any money to be made on any of these? I have never had a dabble at IPOs but have been clearing my port out, taking advantage of some of my early ME really low ball purchases and have a balance of £1.5k sat doing nothing and I refuse to get on the Sancho train and be sat with a load of futures that I will lose a shit load on.

Maybe you should consider getting 100 Sancho. I don't hold since last year summer but you would be earning at least £3 a day in free money (dividends). He's already won the media tonight and it's not even 4pm!

• @Londoner

i personally dont see the point of spending £1500 for the possibility of winning a few quid over the next few weeks in divs only to for it all to be outweighed by the capital depreciation that will occur once either the transfer goes through / or doesn't.

i would have thought you would be better using it to spread it across 5 or 6 GKs and reap the capp app from that

for example tonight Either Kaylor Navas or Sportiello/Gollini (or whomever is playing for Atalanta) will drop a few pence once they get knocked out, why dont you put a low ball bid in on both of those as 1 of them as it will probably get matched after the game.

• Tactical drop ins of the shaktar players me thinks.

• @Advinculas-Index said in IPOs:

@Londoner

i personally dont see the point of spending £1500 for the possibility of winning a few quid over the next few weeks in divs only to for it all to be outweighed by the capital depreciation that will occur once either the transfer goes through / or doesn't.

i would have thought you would be better using it to spread it across 5 or 6 GKs and reap the capp app from that

for example tonight Either Kaylor Navas or Sportiello/Gollini (or whomever is playing for Atalanta) will drop a few pence once they get knocked out, why dont you put a low ball bid in on both of those as 1 of them as it will probably get matched after the game.

7e215b0e-c90d-46ec-954b-90748e41318b-image.png

• @Millerman sounds fun....

• Adam Forshaw at 65-85p. Christ on a bike. Time to get balls deep in the likes of Jesse Lingard I reckon

• A few Leeds players I would have thought would have been IPO'd before now - I probably wouldn't have gone for m/any but still. Meslier looks a decent young goalkeeper, Pablo Hernandez makes Leeds' attack tick and would be a decent shortterm IPD option, Luke Ayling has scored a few goals from fullback, Poveda is young and highly rated, likewise Shackleton. Alioski as well would be an interesting one to watch as he plays everywhere out-wide.

Never paid much attention to newly promoted teams IPO's before - do they usually add them in a bulk list or drip feed them in ahead of the new season?

• @CptMorgan last season they added the french and Italians ond day and the german and Spanish another day. Cant remember if the EPL lot were added before or after, I suspect before.

Shackleton could be half decent I reckon but I wouldnt buy Ayling with stolen money

• @MickTurbo Cool, thanks for the advice. Will keep my eyes peeled as there might be the odd gem in there. Tbqh Matheus Pereira at West Brom was the one I had my eye on of the promoted lot.

Oh I absolutely agree on Ayling - would only look at some of the younger players I mentioned above but even then they're all bit part players right now so would be very much longer term punts.