I'm being positive for a change

• @Shippers ive been feeling really good about the index since i restructured due to the dividend review.

I think it just highlights you have to be willing to adapt, yes we can get upset about changes and we can shout and stamp our feet but it wont accomplish anything because while we have our tantrums others are reacting and getting a head start.

• @howsthebacon I’m looking at Sterling and maybe Kane before the PL restarts. They both look undervalued to me, both have a great chance of scoring early in the season and will be starters at the Euros, ensuring some medium term CA.

• @Richio doesn't Kane notoriously start badly? Not that there is any rhyme or reason to that, think it's just one of those things the media peddle. I think he'll still notch a few after a summer of rest especially.

Just realised Mbappe is injured, so maybe not investing just yet.

• @howsthebacon Tuchel said he would probably play at some point tonight, still if you're after IPD then it might be worth waiting to see if they beat Atalanta!

• @howsthebacon

Best time to invest in a player is when he is injured and he has dipped (not that i have any Mbappes) but just in general.

The worst thing that could have happened to Kane was the season ending as he had gotten fully back into his stride so i expect to see a few weeks of him struggling again and then around mid October for him to be back up and firing again

• @howsthebacon He has sometimes in the past, although I think this summer might not be typical because of the quick turnaround time. Your fallback is the potential for CA. He’ll definitely be starting all of Spurs’ games (which you can’t guarantee on City’s lineup roulette for eg), is still at a decent age and looked excellent at the tail end of the season.

• @Advinculas-Index true but doesn't seem like Mbappe's value has dropped much due to injury, or do you think people will be willing to sell a lot lower on the ME? French league starts up again soon so should be potential IPDs there.

I've only got 30 odd to play with as I'm not putting any more money in for now. So in terms of IPD, Sarabia and Navas seem like better investments for me.

• @Advinculas-Index said in I'm being positive for a change:

@howsthebacon

Best time to invest in a player is when he is injured and he has dipped (not that i have any Mbappes) but just in general.

The worst thing that could have happened to Kane was the season ending as he had gotten fully back into his stride so i expect to see a few weeks of him struggling again and then around mid October for him to be back up and firing again

It could also go this way though. 😂

• @Richio I man yeah Kane is no doubt a solid hold, although he has a had a few injuries here and there, don't want him to turn into the next Shearer in terms of injuries. Kane/KDB/Sterling/TAA/VVD/Allison seem like safe bets to hold over the season.

• @Black-Wolf said in I'm being positive for a change:

@Shippers ive been feeling really good about the index since i restructured due to the dividend review.

I think it just highlights you have to be willing to adapt, yes we can get upset about changes and we can shout and stamp our feet but it wont accomplish anything because while we have our tantrums others are reacting and getting a head start.

I haven’t restructured all that much tbh bar buying a few goalies or certain players ready for next season and even I am still happy with the direction it’s going. I could continue to grumble as technically it did all change and hurt my port but happy to give it the required time and see what’s to come, they’ve always done right by us, it’s okay having a different view on matters but beating the drum constantly when it’s in such a huge transition and we don’t know how it will look is painful and draining for us all. We know the timeline, nothing is going to overly change between now and then so lets get on with it and earn our 1.50% in divs in the meantime! 🤣

• @howsthebacon I don’t think you can go wrong on keepers like Alisson . You’d expect them to experience some more CA when the new positional dividends start.

• @howsthebacon said in I'm being positive for a change:

@Richio I man yeah Kane is no doubt a solid hold, although he has a had a few injuries here and there, don't want him to turn into the next Shearer in terms of injuries. Kane/KDB/Sterling/TAA/VVD/Allison seem like safe bets to hold over the season.

You will certainly always be in the running for divs through the season with those holds - especially TOTM

• @Richio said in I'm being positive for a change:

CA

sorry, I'm trying to keep up with all the initialisms - remind me what CA is

• @Advinculas-Index I dont hold any of them currently, was hoping to profit on a few of the summer movers but it hasn't really happened - I still fully expect Wilson and King to move on and jump slightly, doesn't seem to be much talk of Cantwell, can see him maybe doing a Grealish and staying at his hometown club for a season to develop.

Was going to use that money to invest in a few star players for season long divs but now it's looking like I'm gonna be stuck with a few dead rubbers like Ake and Mitrovic to try and flog after a good game.

• @howsthebacon said in I'm being positive for a change:

@Richio said in I'm being positive for a change:

CA

sorry, I'm trying to keep up with all the initialisms - remind me what CA is

Capital Appreciation

• @howsthebacon sorry, should have said Cap App. Capital appreciation (increased share value).

• @Richio ah yeah, well I've been trying to pick up some mid table keepers so not had a look at Allison and Ederson for example, assumed they'd already be quite high but looking, they both seem like they'd be worth a punt.

Trying not to play with my heart too much and to be fair I don't rate a lot of the Newcastle team but Dubravka is someone I'm looking to top up on as the new season draws closer.

Whilst it'll be tough for them to compete, I found a lot of weeks in my fantasy team last year the Palace keeper was scoring higher than Allison so...he is another to look out for.

• Dividends - £783.55
    Commission - £28.13
    Bonus - £47.85 (TOTM & Hradecky CS)

Happy for my first month, although last two days have been £0.00!

• I have generally played for CA in my 2 years, so my div haul is not huge. I played for the first year on £2k - £10k, then my second year on £100k (until covid hit and I withdrew most). It is not easy calculating returns etc as I don't have spreadsheets. I made about 100% in CA and less than 5% per annum in divs I'd say...

I've now put about £60k back in, and have gone much more div focused in my approach. This month I have made just shy of £600, all of which has come off small wins but plenty of them (I think my biggest win was about £20).

I have also bought plenty of keepers, so I am expecting a good haul from them next season. I would like to make 15% per annum in divs, and perhaps 50% in CA.

I don't think that I will make all the CA in the same way that I have before. I used to buy large holdings (1000+ shares) and play the waiting game. I would consider myself to be a long term trader, happy to sit for 3 years if the going is good.

However, in addition to buying and sitting I am now actively trading and looking to make about £100 a week trading in-between the spreads on ME. I am buying 10-50 shares in a player (quite often post match), and then selling them on again short-term for anything above 5% (I have done a couple of 100% trades in this way lately, but 25% or so is attractive).

I am enjoying this mix of approaches. It keeps match days very engaging with the PB players, I have some media types in the mix, plenty of transfer spec ones too, and I am spending more time on the platform trading than I used to with the ME aspect. Things are not ideal, but I am pretty optimistic that I can return 50% this season....

• @Richio

To be honest I don't tend to quick flip players so I can't really advise on that. Most of my holds are long term, either big names who pick up my dividends (Kane, Messi, Sterling, Rashford, Neymar etc), players in their early to mid 20's who I think might get a move to another club in the next 6 to 18 months (Dybala, Grealish, Morelos etc) or youngsters who I think will get more valuable as they improve (Dujon Sterling, Luca Pellegrini, Garner etc).