Marquinhos

• Seen a lot of posts about him being a great PB hold. Just 160 tonight with a goal and CL multiplier and playing in midfield. Is he really that good? He seems like a Kimmich man to me - consistent but never quite enough. Thoughts and opinions?

• @chaps1988

He’ll probably post better PB scores in the Ligue 1 games if he plays CDM against teams they dominate, where he’ll rack up lots of passes.

Still think he’s a decent hold for the CL though (I know there are only two games left maximum but has a good chance of winning Def PB in those two)

• @chaps1988 hard to say to be honest. I bought in to him last week, so the IPDs from tonight are a nice bonus. He’ll not play against a team as good as Atalanta in Ligue 1, in a team that will steamroller most opposition, and he just has to outperform defenders whilst playing in a position that should be an advantage. I think he is worth it for the first month of the season, with no competition from other leagues, at the very least.

• Isn’t Thiago Silva leaving? So he’ll likely play CB more often with all the MID that PSG have. Or if he does play MID then he’ll surely be reclassified based on others that have been.

• @chaps1988 said in Marquinhos:

Isn’t Thiago Silva leaving? So he’ll likely play CB more often with all the MID that PSG have. Or if he does play MID then he’ll surely be reclassified based on others that have been.

Yeah, this is my main concern that he'll change to MID. Is that Presnel chap likely to be one of the main CBs moving forward? Think he may end up being better value, or one of their full-backs (they're all cheaper than Marq!)

• When Thiago leaves I think you will see his PB scores increase dramatically

• I snatched £1.63 IS for my 300 and immediately bid for 294 at that same price. That's the 2% commission in action. They were all matched within 15 minutes either side of 11pm. Actually suprised it took that long. So I'll pick up £29.40 later on, bid for my other 6 back and have a very easy £20 profit. Not gonna change my life of course, but still a very easy £20

• @MickTurbo nice way to make a profit despite everyone’s doom and gloom mate.

• @Fletch said in Marquinhos:

When Thiago leaves I think you will see his PB scores increase dramatically

Would it not be the opposite when TS leaves and he moves back to CB? He has great PB scores but the majority came from playing in midfield last season. Is he as good a hold if he plays 40+ games at CB? Or if he continues in midfield will he be reclassified?

I’m very much on the fence with him - there’s a lot of variables.

• He will always do well playing for PSG in the French league, I am tempted with Kimpembe though as he's a fair bit cheaper!

• @MickTurbo at first I didn't get what you had done there. As you sold and bought for same price, i.e. losing out because of commission

But then did you make your non IPD Marquinhos into IPD ones for the next 30 days and also get the divs from last night?

• @Number5 yes, it cost me about £9 in commission to win £30 in dividends.

I could probably have off set the £9 further by bidding a penny below what I sold at but was more bothered about getting them matched quick so I could go to sleep

• @MickTurbo that is a clever way I did not think of before. I don't think it would have worked for my 44 Neymars which have passed their 30 days, as I would have lost my Star Man and Top Fwd divs which outweigh the assist div I think.

But for example I have 150 Gulcasi which are not IPD tonight, if he keeps a clean sheet and is not top def. It makes sense for me to do what you have done above right?

• @MickTurbo said in Marquinhos:

@Number5 yes, it cost me about £9 in commission to win £30 in dividends.

I could probably have off set the £9 further by bidding a penny below what I sold at but was more bothered about getting them matched quick so I could go to sleep

I did the same but with a lower number of shares. Nicely renewed for another 30 days and got IPD for all of them. Win, win.

Something I've been looking to do on others if the spreads are small during or just after a game.

• @Number5 said in Marquinhos:

@MickTurbo that is a clever way I did not think of before. I don't think it would have worked for my 44 Neymars which have passed their 30 days, as I would have lost my Star Man and Top Fwd divs which outweigh the assist div I think.

But for example I have 150 Gulcasi which are not IPD tonight, if he keeps a clean sheet and is not top def. It makes sense for me to do what you have done above right?

Yes but only if the sums add up. Only worth doing if the cost of selling (commission + any loss on sell price or IS spread) isn't higher than what you'll get in dividends and what it will cost to buy them back. That won't be the case every time and I know Neymar never narrowed enough for me to renew him last night.

• @Erased-Citizen yea would deffo need to do the sums before hitting the IS button. But it is something that did not cross my mind before. Good to have you experienced guys sharing your tips!

@Erased-Citizen yea would deffo need to do the sums before hitting the IS button. But it is something that did not cross my mind before. Good to have you experienced guys sharing your tips!

I'm far from experienced (only been here 6 months) but something that popped into my mind a couple of weeks ago. Also a case of watching the price as if enough are buying you might be lucky enough to list and sell at market price but I needed to get to bed last night and even though Marquinhos was being bought, the ticker wasn't exactly on fire.

• @Erased-Citizen yea this was a other thing that I did notice, market selling a player in demand during the game. I think KDB the other day was flying on the ticker, but tbh I was a bit busy that evening and I had just bought him a couple of days earlier. So didn't bother thinking about the pros and cons. Plus he was Star Man.

@Erased-Citizen yea this was a other thing that I did notice, market selling a player in demand during the game. I think KDB the other day was flying on the ticker, but tbh I was a bit busy that evening and I had just bought him a couple of days earlier. So didn't bother thinking about the pros and cons. Plus he was Star Man.

Not worth it if you'd only just bought him anyway. I'm just looking to do it if their 30 days have run out or close to running out.

I don't think there will be too many opportunities as the market is still pretty stagnant but this was certainly one that worked out for me. However, once the x5 IPD's finish at the end of September it won't be worth doing it anyway as it drops back to 1p.

• @Erased-Citizen what other methods do you use to recycle your shares which are past their 30 days?

I have been looking at some that have an IS amount that gives me a marginal CAP and then I put those funds into a new player.

As you say the 5x IPD really makes it worth the gamble.