Buy Price v Sell Price

• Hi there,

Completely new to Football Index. Am I right in thinking that although a particular Future may show a profit, the sell price has to be above the originally purchased value for you to actually make a profit?

I experimented yesterday and put Futures up for sale at a reserve price (higher than sell but lower than buy) but on the transfer activity it showed people still buying that same player at the advertised buy price rather than my 'lower' sell price. Can someone tell me why this is the case?

Also, when I sell a player at a reserve (lower than the buy price), the Buy Price doesn't reflect the fact I am selling at a lower price.

Hope this makes sense.

Scottie

• A buy price may be 99p but sell price might be 1.02 so you would have to make 4p profit for when you sell you would have 1p profit on ur stock

• @NewUser142740 When you sell to market your futures go into a queue and when they get to the front (no way of knowing how long the queue is unfortunately) they will be sold to the buyer at whatever the buy price is at that time. You then receive that price minus 2% commission to FI.

• @BL__FI
    Thanks for this - that gives me the impression that setting a value to sell is a little pointless if they automatically sell at the current buy price?

• @NewUser142740 said in Buy Price v Sell Price:

@BL__FI
    Thanks for this - that gives me the impression that setting a value to sell is a little pointless if they automatically sell at the current buy price?

And also the reserve price never seems to work... it's a very uncharacteristic FI bug that has never really been fixed.

Your choices are basically: instant selling them back to Football Indez at a discount in order to get the cash immediately, or being more patient and putting them in the "sell to market" queue and (hopefully) getting the current buy price when another trader buys them off you.

There are good reasons to do both. Just remember you pay 2% commission after selling, regardless of which option you go for.

• @playingcards1 Thank you very much

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.