man city /lyon players to lump todays divs on

• thanks to muller/davis and kimmitch ive got some healthy divs for tomorrow. thinking i might lump on tomorrow's game. Candidates? top up jesus or cancelo? but greater inkling towards lyon for ipds. Ekambi/dubois? Any other candidates? ( wanna leave kdb because i feel i could get him cheaper)

• @jonathan-rolfe I have the following for tomorrows game.

Memphis Depay
    Anthony Lopes
    Leo Dubois
    Kevin De Bruyne
    Raheem Sterling
    Ederson
    Gabriel Jesus
    Joao Cancelo
    Riyad Mahrez

I added Depay, KDB and Sterling before the last game and all 3 of them returned divs.

My divs from tonight are going towards topping up Rashford.

• @Number5 nice selection. ive decided against depay as trying to look for cheaper alternatives but youve given me some nice alternatives. in the end i might put the money towards some more top ups on other players. kubo/kulusevski/ rodriguez come to mind

• @jonathan-rolfe
    Dembele can be picked up cheaply on ME and potential tfr spec

• @wolves86 nice one. i got a few at a knock down price a few weeks back. dont think hes 100% nailed on though unless youve heard different

• @jonathan-rolfe
    Not heard anything this match specifically no mate - although he came on in the last game. That said he went up to c£3.20 on the back of Utd links not so long ago, so plenty of potential on a good performance from unlisting alone. Ligue 1 obv returning too 👍

• I’m on both keepers, but that’s about it.

Feels wrong not owning any outfield City players, given that they are likely to improve as a team next season, but with Pep’s willingness to rotate, I’m not sure who to hold.

KDB might be the best option, but I’m trying to steer clear of outfield players over 27, because of the difficulties in shifting older players 3 years down the line.

• Don't own anyone is this game. But for price I'd be tempted to try & get Mahrez on the ME.

Never know if he'll specifically play this game but was first choice on the RW before Covid.

Silva & Sane leaving should open more opportunities & he's good for PB.

• @jonathan-rolfe whilst id love Lyon to go through as I own lots of their squad I think City will be too strong.

That said I’m hoping from big games from Cornet and Dubois on the flanks, I hold a fair few in both and if they start to play to their potential could be good for some IPDs over the next month. Cornet earlier in the year had a big star man game with goals and assists.

• @ocs123 i havent invested in kdb for the same reason but ive got the feeling that the next few years of his career may be his finest and with the gradual cap app that he gets plus loads of dividends i would still get a healthy profit. So in short im reconsidering him

• I currently hold Ederson and Foden - didn't get them for the IPD but some bonus dividends wouldn't go a miss.

Trying to get Sterling as I want him for the long term but now is probably a bad time to buy, put some bids in but might be best waiting for City to go out or the Champs League to finish.

With Ligue 1 starting soon I'm considering Depay and Aouar.

Also nice to see Messi might make up for last night by winning a little bit of media money.

• @jonathan-rolfe KDB is definitely someone I want for the season ahead but it's probably not the best time to get a decent price on him.

• @howsthebacon absolutely. thats why i haven't considered looking at him for tonight. he could see a sizeable drop

• @Ericali Mahrez holder myself but think he'll still be a rotation choice, competing with their new signing Torres. Maybe he'll be first choice initially though, not quite sure why he was on the bench in the last game

• @jonathan-rolfe said in man city /lyon players to lump todays divs on:

@howsthebacon absolutely. thats why i haven't considered looking at him for tonight. he could see a sizeable drop

He could see a sizeable increase also. If he can stay clear of injuries (something he’s managed of late) I can see a very big 18 months coming up for him.

• @Erased-Citizen if they win yeah but then I think once the CL is over and the x5IPD are over I think we'll see more people willing to sell at a reasonable price.

What's your thoughts on Foden tonight? I'm reading he'll be back on the bench.

Got him at a great price so could IS for about 20p profit per share at the minute but also want to have him before the season starts so happy to hold...tempted to make a quick profit on the basis he doesn't get much game time tonight then I can buy back in at some point.

• @howsthebacon said in man city /lyon players to lump todays divs on:

@Erased-Citizen if they win yeah but then I think once the CL is over and the x5IPD are over I think we'll see more people willing to sell at a reasonable price.

What's your thoughts on Foden tonight? I'm reading he'll be back on the bench.

Got him at a great price so could IS for about 20p profit per share at the minute but also want to have him before the season starts so happy to hold...tempted to make a quick profit on the basis he doesn't get much game time tonight then I can buy back in at some point.

I don’t think you’ll see too many selling KDB as the new season is only 4 weeks away.

As for Foden I think he’s still a little overpriced considering pep roulette but if he final gets given a regular starting berth then he’s going to be awesome for England and City. I’m just watching but probable won’t get involved.

• @Erased-Citizen absolutely...still underpriced for me mainly due to the fact he had the big injury which he seems to have come through well and shown a lot of consistency...add to the fact silva is leaving he automatically becomes the main man ( even though he arguably was already) and the fact he's now (FINALLY) peno taker on top of him taking set pieces and being a pb monster not to mention TOTM...i think some of the bigger stars lately are showing 29 isnt what it used to be look at ibra / ramos / ronaldo to a lesser extent as younger messi...even milner all going into their 30s in very good condition due to advancements of sport science and generally looking after themselves better.

I've been using the last month or two to top up on him when i can...

Only drawback is lack of media really...but the gap between the seasons...( Will only be max 30 days until he plays again) means that's not as big of an issue as it normally would be.

Needless to say I'm a massive KDB fan...one of the few who are as excellent in real life as they are FI....what a man...(just wish he was a Liverpool player and we'd be untouchable)

• @howsthebacon

If you're looking at long term holds then you're gut feeling is right - you'll most likely be able to pick them up significantly cheaper on ME once the CL is finished (although with team of the month running this may not be the case with KDB - hard to say)...

One tactic I sometimes use in situations where there are good divs on offer but there is a risk that their price may drop, is buy some now, and then double down when there is a much better buy price available post event.. This will halve your average buy cost, and then you can sell the more expensive shares at a later date and keep the ones you got cheap (hopefully partly paid for with a div win)

• @Erased-Citizen hence why I'm thinking of just flipping him for a small profit and buying back in at a later date - I'm sure I'll eat my words but can't see him bringing in any dividends tonight.