The spreads are too high! something we forget

• Spreads look huge on some players due to the fact that market buy prices no longer crash - the market buy price is no longer the ‘value’ of the player.

I’ll use Messi as an example;

Buy £4.93 - Sell £4.21 (displayed spread = 72p)

There would’ve been a huge sell-off following last nights CL exit - I’d estimate a conservative 35p drop in the current climate.

Under the previous system he would’ve dropped to £4.58 - that current £4.21 offer is probably about where it would’ve been under the old system. (Predicted spread = 37p)

Market buy prices can’t really be used to determine the true cost of the spread - it takes a lot longer for a player to reach their true market buy value (whether they are rising or falling).

• I market sold Messi last week.

It's still incredibly annoying your position in the queue isn't shown.

It's impossible to know a players value. It certainly isn't IS price but if they told you the queue position you would know whether market price is realistic and achievable.

• @Chris-J I still think FI HAVE to introduce something to combat the extreme drops we are likely to see when the 2nd part of the ME comes in. What that is i have no fucking clue. I agree that the Sell price is a better indication of their true value, rather than their Buy price though.

Been said loads before but can see it being absolute carnage on the day its introduced. People seeing their profits halved overnight and seeing all their greens changed to red is going to induce panic. God help you if you're only just keeping your head above the water, and god forbid if you are currently showing a loss!

IMO people will try and get out totally and sell up everything if they see players prices plummeting.

• @JonesyFI-WH

I was quite worried about this... I do now think that FI will probably be using market makers to create stability in the aftermath of the change.. If MMs are propping up the sell and buy queues with significant quantities of shares then it should stabilise prices and stop and panic in the initial stages... After that they will probably step back a bit and let the market take care of itself more.. That's the hope anyway 🤞😂

• @JonesyFI-WH said in The spreads are too high! something we forget:

@Chris-J I still think FI HAVE to introduce something to combat the extreme drops we are likely to see when the 2nd part of the ME comes in. What that is i have no fucking clue. I agree that the Sell price is a better indication of their true value, rather than their Buy price though.

Been said loads before but can see it being absolute carnage on the day its introduced. People seeing their profits halved overnight and seeing all their greens changed to red is going to induce panic. God help you if you're only just keeping your head above the water, and god forbid if you are currently showing a loss!

IMO people will try and get out totally and sell up everything if they see players prices plummeting.

I hope this doesn’t happen as I’m one of those just keeping my head above water. Got some good dividend this week but still only 1% up. Taken plenty of hits to my profit over the past three months because of FI’s previous actions so really don’t want another one! They can’t keep up this trend of announcements followed my market slumps. Will be interesting to see what they come up with as a big slump could see many flee.

• @JonesyFI-WH if they clear the sell queues first then the starting point for player prices will be so much higher; those wanting to exit the platform then have plenty of wiggle room between the “new” price and the “old” price to list shares.

There are plenty of people very happy with the platform who will see opportunities.

You have to remember the most vocal negative people make up a small proportion of the user base.

There are what 50 active forum members, maybe 1-2k on Twitter? In that bubble those who shout the loudest give the illusion that they speak for the many.

I’ll compare what’s coming to the alternative platform, every now and then someone gets fucked off (yes they also move the rules) and mass sell causing a mini dip; the nervous amongst the user base panic and also sell. Those with more confidence scoop up cheaper players and with a few days it’s back to normal.

I’m not looking at what’s coming with rose tinted glasses and I expect the forum and twitter to be awful on the day it’s launched, I expect my port to take a hit probably the same as Black Thursday.

But I also expect MM to be very active tightening the spreads and keeping things fairly level.

Time will tell but my new out look of glass half full has be in a much better place.

• @JonesyFI-WH Can you get any more negative Mr Doom and Gloom! Come on seriously FI will be thinking of something to counteract this from happening as it’s exactly what they must be trying to avoid at all costs with a very big new season followed by the Euros coming up. I’m sure they may well delist all sale queues first which will initially push player prices up 10-30% I’m predicting over a wide range of players. Then market makers will be at the ready to jump on falling players to stabilise the market. Give FI a chance as they have always come good over the years when given no hope.

• @Chris-J

I tend to agree.

But, if what you say is correct, then the true value of people’s portfolios is only say 70% or 80% of what is shown.

This will become abundantly clear when sell bids are introduced, but I don’t think most people appreciate this yet.

FI has screwed over it’s customers twice. Once by removing their instant cash out option (bid depth is so poor that most people couldn’t sell up even if they were prepared to accept the piss poor offers available) and second by devaluing everyone’s portfolio by a significant amount. The real concern is I don’t think they really understand what they’ve done.

• @TeamGB just being realistic mate. Clearly I don't want this to happen as i don't want my portfolio taking a massive hit. Not sure that 'FI have always come good' is quite true but i hope in this case they do and hope you're right.

• @Sav2000 Very well written and 100% accurate. I will be sad when spreads tighten.

As for the doom and gloomers, I hope you get what you are stating, so I and many others can mop up the bargains to be had based on your fear..

Happy trading Folks and keep pumping the fear 😉😜

• @TeamGB said in The spreads are too high! something we forget:

@JonesyFI-WH Can you get any more negative Mr Doom and Gloom! Come on seriously FI will be thinking of something to counteract this from happening as it’s exactly what they must be trying to avoid at all costs with a very big new season followed by the Euros coming up. I’m sure they may well delist all sale queues first which will initially push player prices up 10-30% I’m predicting over a wide range of players. Then market makers will be at the ready to jump on falling players to stabilise the market. Give FI a chance as they have always come good over the years when given no hope.

Let’s hope they do something like this as it’s a crucial time for FI and it’s future but I do wish people would stop referring to others with a different opinion as ‘being negative’. We have all been affected by the changes and instability over the past three months; some more than others and we need to recognise that. In most cases people aren’t being negative, they’re just concerned and rightfully so.

Remember we all have different ports and different abilities in being able to adjust or move money around. Some have the ability to put more money in to adapt, others don’t, etc.

Apart from a very small handful I think we all want the same thing and want FI to thrive. We’re simply approaching a very important time in the history of the platform and a crucial one that will define its future.

• @Erased-Citizen spot on mate and thanks for mentioning what I want to say most of the time. It's not always about negativity but about realism and i'm not someone who buries their head in the sand or lick FI's arse at every opportunity.

I will congratulate them if they get it right, and call them out if they fuck it up. Think that's fair.

@Erased-Citizen spot on mate and thanks for mentioning what I want to say most of the time. It's not always about negativity but about realism and i'm not someone who buries their head in the sand or lick FI's arse at every opportunity.

I will congratulate them if they get it right, and call them out if they fuck it up. Think that's fair.

I think the main problem is that with every change they make there are winners and loser but that doesn’t have to be the case if they apply a bit more understanding of their own platform and it’s mechanics.

I’m still more hopeful than concerned at present but as I’ve said the next few weeks will define the future of the platform and I hope they get it right.

• @JonesyFI-WH

I think everyone has the right to feel negative at the moment, it has been the most traumatic period on the platform in its short history... It is very much a transition period, and as an Arsenal fan I have been living in that state for about 10 years so I am well acclimatised 😂 It does feel kind of make or break right now, so there is plenty of anxiety in the air.. I am seeing signs that are making me feel more confident in the transition and the future of the platform, and I am now selling some of my safer holds as I am willing to make a few more risky purchases than I was before...

@Chris-J I still think FI HAVE to introduce something to combat the extreme drops we are likely to see when the 2nd part of the ME comes in. What that is i have no fucking clue. I agree that the Sell price is a better indication of their true value, rather than their Buy price though.

The user name seems rather apt

alt text

• @JonesyFI-WH

Your a newbie who missed the boat,mate. It happens with all investments,the shrewdies are in early and the mugs jump on too late,this is just a correction that the shrewdies will ride and make profit from later down the line,their are profits to be made out there as we speak buying players who are at the bottom line prices.

• @NewUser65276 Haha says someone who still has the ‘NewUser’ name badge.

• @NewUser65276 Marvellous news folks, the self righteous troll has returned, seemingly adding illiteracy to his skill base, bravo.

• @TeamGB just don't even engage with the plum. I rarely see posts down voted but his reputation score tells it's own story.

• @JonesyFI-WH

I think your profit tells its own story,mate.