Alexander Sorloth

• Looks like he might be on his way to RB Leipzig to replace Timo Werner. He’s been incredible in Turkey for Trabzonspor, but it’s a poor league. Do people think he can make the step up? Still only 24 I think.

• @Richio they’ve also bought Hwang who I’m guessing will be the main striker Sorloth could end up as cover.

• @Richio some forwards are so reliant on their surroundings and form - he looked dogshit at Palace but thrived in Turkey. Big step up though the Bundesliga, I wouldn't risk him if I'm honest. His agent has done well to get him that move though...surely there are better options for a team like them.

• @Sav2000 Yeah, possibly, although Hwang was more of a support striker at Salzburg, playing with an advanced goal scorer in Haaland and then Daka. Poulsen doesn’t score enough to lead the line for me and Nagelsman clearly doesn’t trust Schick. I think they’ll need another in.

• @howsthebacon Quite possibly. Leipzig don’t get too many wrong these days. Interesting to see what they do.

• @Richio

Schick looks like he is going back to Roma, and I am not convinced that he fancies Poulsen so there is definitely a spot in addition to Hwang. I had not seen them mentioned with Sortloth before, but I have seen plenty of Rashica links. The last I saw on his situation was that he had agreed terms with a club that he wanted to join, but the two clubs were still a distance apart.. Could be anyone but Leipzig are the strongest linked

• @Richio honestly I don't but would be happy to be proved wrong

• @Baydog Rashica will be a super pick up for someone. He was linked to Dortmund a while back, but they’ve been attributed with an interest in a few similar players so who knows.

• Heard Villa are in for Rashica which could be horrible unless he gets a position change (which he should)

• @Richio

Could well be they have lost patience negotiating with Bremen (I had seen the two clubs were some way apart) and going for Sorloth instead..

@Pez That would be a hell of a signing for Villa, not great for holders 😂

• @Baydog it looks like Bremen have got Chong on loan, so they have their immediate replacement.

• @Richio

Chong could be an interesting prospect at Bremen, I wasn't aware of that one.. I have seen Rashica play quite a few times, he could do a real job for a lot of teams - I am surprised he has not had more speculation, Leipzig would be a bit of a weird move, as he is not a central striker and they already have several wide options (I'd say Hwang is more wide or second striker too) - so with Schick leaving the Sorloth move could make sense.. Although it seems a little unambitious for a club of Leipzig's profile especially if it is Werner's replacement

• @Baydog I do wonder if RBL, like an awful,out of clubs are trying to cut their cloth this summer with COVID. I wonder with Sorloth if he just moved to England too early and there’s a really good level CF in there.

• @Richio

Pretty impressive stats in Turkey this season.. Palace dropped a real clanger on the loan arrangement, they were definitely trying to get him back.. I have just read up a bit, sounds like they are going to complete the permanent signing and then sell him straight on.. I'll definitely take a punt if it is confirmed

• @Baydog said in Alexander Sorloth:

@Richio

Chong could be an interesting prospect at Bremen, I wasn't aware of that one.. I have seen Rashica play quite a few times, he could do a real job for a lot of teams - I am surprised he has not had more speculation, Leipzig would be a bit of a weird move, as he is not a central striker and they already have several wide options (I'd say Hwang is more wide or second striker too) - so with Schick leaving the Sorloth move could make sense.. Although it seems a little unambitious for a club of Leipzig's profile especially if it is Werner's replacement

He’s training with Bremen today, so I assume it’s done.

• @Richio

I put in a bid over night but no takers.. I have upped to £1.12 if anyone wants rid...

• @Baydog I ended up paying 1.15 for him yesterday. Having watched him regularly for the under 18s and under 21s at United there’s a terrific player in there, but I don’t think he was physically or mentally ready to play in front of 76000 people in the way that Greenwood and Williams are. This could be a good loan for him if he gets plenty of game time and builds his confidence and fitness.

• @Richio

I've seen him included in a few of the top youngster lists over the last couple of years.. I have held in the past during pre season at united and there have been a few spikes, but he seems pretty keen to get first team action under his belt so a loan to a smaller team suggests he is moving to play (I had seen him linked with Inter and that situation would be no different from his current one).. Any idea if there is a buy option?

• @Baydog no, there’s no buy option.

• @Richio

I've just been looking at some of the Sortloth stories.. Seems a few teams are interested (wolfsburg, Napoli and Fiorentina).. It seems pretty certain he is leaving. On a side note I did not know that Eddie Newton was manager of Trabzonspor