Thoughts on Bounou

• I would appreciate some advice.

It’s easy to say this in hindsight that as soon as Vaclik got injured then Bounou looked decent value at around the 13p to 20p mark.

I did a risk assessment on him and asked myself.
    How long will Vaclik be out for? - Unknown , a few weeks likely.
    Is Bounou any good? - Unknown
    Will Sevilla have plenty of matches? _ Yes
    Is this high,medium,low risk ... High.

I chose high risk as Vaclik could have returned quicker than expected and I would be stuck with an unsellable 2nd keeper.

Bounou has shown that he’s a decent keeper, increased in value and got divs along the way and it feels like an opportunity missed.

Does any like these riskier opportunities for a small proportion of their ports?

For me it’s the stand out example where money can be made reacting quickly to an injury but for every success im sure there’s probably another 20 which fail.

• @jimmyb1700 i got Bounou at 20p and topped up further last night as he has a decent lead for TOTM and i feel he has done a good job at proving his ability. Whats in store for him next season? No idea but he has already returned 60% in dividends and nearly at 100% cap app so im happy to sit on him now and see what happens but im not sure id risk buying in at this point until we know how often he plays

• @jimmyb1700 I hold 150 of Bono already had £15 in divs and decent cap app; next season it will depends where he ends up playing. If he ends up in a non PB league I’ll IS at probably break even and go elsewhere.

But after these few games since the restart I don’t think he’ll be short of decent teams wanting him.

• I bought at 16p and thought it was a very low risk punt so I got 1500 and I have recycled him once to get his other ipds. I have reduced my hold to 800 but I am very tempted to top up a lot again as he looks a very good keeper. I can see a decent club coming and grabbing him after his last two months performances.

• Bought him, Took the first clean sheet then got out during the man u game. Eventually he will go back to second choice and your relying on a move to become viable, Not worth it for me.

• Thanks for your responses all, much appreciated. I’m not looking to buy now but next time something similar to this crops up then im going to get involved.

• @jimmyb1700 sensible logic mate 👍🏻 I looked at him and pretty much held off due to the questions you posed yourself. Missed the boat on him now I think.

• I sold up. I only held 50 and I made a couple of quid profit. Not a massive amount but I only held for about 3 days. I'm finding I can do this with a lot of players at the moment. It's too time consuming to be a viable long term strategy but it's keeping me busy in the short term.

• After reading this thread and the ter stegen injury one, I’ve gone for 1000 Neto. Looking at cap app rather than immediate divs, but definitely a chance to follow suit

• @NewUser607503 said in Thoughts on Bounou:

Bought him, Took the first clean sheet then got out during the man u game. Eventually he will go back to second choice and your relying on a move to become viable, Not worth it for me.

he is on loan

Girona would be mad if they go up and don't use him OR cash in