People buying at full price

• Just sat here for a minute or so watching people buy players at full price on the ticker and I had a thought, are these new shares that people are buying from FI? Or, are they shares that people are selling via the sell queue?

• All new share being bought from FI - either impatient or don't understand the product/current climate.

I wouldn't buy anyone at full price.

• @Chris-J if they're new users they're probably making the same mistake I did - easy mistake to make when you've not been on the forum though.

Lukaku seems to be going for full price but I have been bidding and struggling so people are probably just trying to get him in quickly before tonight.

Quick question...is it not worthwhile to always have a lot of your high profiting players in the sell queue on the off chance someone does make that mistake? Like I have Foden who I want to hold but I'm currently sitting on about 40p profit per share so if someone came in offering full price, I'm not gonna say no.

• Okay, so if it is a new share, how do FI get away with selling new shares when people are trying to sell their existing shares?
    If people are buying Messi at full price from FI then why shouldn't sellers be able to sell him at that price?
    When the new full OB system comes in does that mean that all shares should be bought from sellers before FI have to mint new ones?

• @Marksandygill I think the post above by @Chris-J is incorrect. The sales you are seeing go through the ticker are shares being bought from other users who have listed to market. However if nobody has any shares listed to market, then the sales you are seeing are as Chris J says. Hope that makes sense.

• @Marksandygill I’m nobody buys at full price then there won’t be any movement in prices at all. That equals no interest in the index. How is this going to be resolved?

• @howsthebacon I think the sale ques are huge for this exact Reason. If you look at the 3 month price history of a player reference thier highest price against thier current price and the difference is likely to indicate the size of the que.

Also worth noting once you've listed a player you can't bid on shares for them.

In short yes if you're not joining a big que of people whom have listed and you don't want to buy more of that player.

• @TeamGB money will be circular and FI will still get thier commission, also new money can just be used to purchase via ME.

However long term new shares need to be minted for the index to grow.

• Market buys only come from FI if there are no shares of that player in the sell queue

• So, if I market sell 100 x Messi who has a value of £4.91, there may be 1000 other shares ahead of me (not including the ones at much lower prices), but if someone bought 1100 shares mine would sell at £4.91?

Now, if his value suddenly shot up to £5, I'm guessing that would mean that my shares would have to have sold for his value to go up? Hence why you can set the reserve to £4.9 but not above that?

• @TeamGB said in People buying at full price:

@Marksandygill I’m nobody buys at full price then there won’t be any movement in prices at all. That equals no interest in the index. How is this going to be resolved?

There is lots of buying going on the index, what we need is matching engine buys on the ticker so people can see the buying.

• @Marksandygill said in People buying at full price:

So, if I market sell 100 x Messi who has a value of £4.91, there may be 1000 other shares ahead of me (not including the ones at much lower prices), but if someone bought 1100 shares mine would sell at £4.91?

Now, if his value suddenly shot up to £5, I'm guessing that would mean that my shares would have to have sold for his value to go up? Hence why you can set the reserve to £4.9 but not above that?

Somebody can take them out of the queue and the price will rise from that

• @Marksandygill price can go up while your player is in the sell queue so if you are far down a huge queue they will most likely sell for more than you listed them at if they do finally sell.

Ive been doing most of my purchases at market price i only really use the ME during or just after a match now

• @Black-Wolf

Just out of interest but why? Are you only buying players with very narrow spreads at the moment? Otherwise I don't understand why you'd buy at Market Value when a lot of players are available 30 to 40% cheaper?

• @GDS im only buying keepers and even if they have a larger spread their low prices suggest that theres not a great deal in circulation so theres less chance that someone is going to sell especially via the ME

• See so many people across the different platforms moaning there players aren’t selling on the market, and not willing to sell on ME but then boasting about the bargains they’re picking up.

The cheaper you keep buying players on the ME the likelihood is the cheaper you will end up having to sell at. I’m sure FI are trying to make the market less one sided but in the mean time we can’t keep having it both ways.

I’ve been buying more and more of my players at full price to try and get the market moving. I know my small buys won’t have much influence but who knows my buy might give someone the cash they want to be able to buy on of my players in the queue.

I’d rather have my players sell in the sell queue than pick up bargains buying on the ME that’s my personal opinion

• @Black-Wolf

Fair enough, yeah that makes sense then, most people are hanging onto their keepers for now as they've only just bought them and expect future growth.

• @Terrier ^ bit Moany and probs won’t change anything but needed to get it off my chest 😂

• @Terrier the ME will only ever be popular in times of low demand, we are in a low demand period now but in boom periods or high sentiment times many will find the only option is to market buy and the ME will only be used to buy the likes of injured players

• @Terrier

The problem with that is, unless everyone does it you're just overpaying for players.

I think the people who are saying they are getting the bargains via the ME have probably got it wrong, they are paying the right price, in the current climate, they may turn out to be bargains if the market recovers but currently these prices (to use a phrase I hate) are the new normal.