Tell me the good news....

• I want to hear how the platform will recover? Or is now the new normal? Were we in an unrealistically high price peak for FI?

• @Archer22 only the new normal if the season never starts up again and covid stays forever.

• @Archer22 the platform is stable currently and when you compare that to the rest of the world that’s a great starting point.

A few weeks of media madness to come
    New season start on the horizon
    Those will give people with the correct ports a chance of divs and CA.

Sell orders will be added and after the usual week or so of uncertainty and the usual users panicking and complaining the market will bounce back; those with the cash will take advantage and make massive profit.

New media sentiment will affect +/-ve certain players.

New IPO system will bring new money in (lots have cash balances ready), some traditional players will drop short term.

I expect either a continuation of 5x IPDs or a new promotion to stimulate mid/lower end trading (maybe a version of the super Tesco clubcard points again), and probably a net spend bonus.

Then we’ll be into October and football in full swing......

• @Sav2000 I loved the Tesco club points, just wonder if its too close to the way TOTM works now?

I'd love something like 1p divs for 6 months or the season!

As for good news, well if you invest in the right players you can make a fair bit of money, I mean Lukaku has returned over 25% in one month?!

The only thing that's really changed is it's harder to flip players for a quick profit, in most other ways you can now make more money that ever!😁

• @Archer22

Yes, it’s the new normal and there is further pain to come over the next 3-6 months once sell bids have been introduced and the market settles lower still.

One way to combat this is to reorganise your portfolio and focus on dividends over the next year or so. Cap app opportunities will be limited for the rest of this year, but if you can farm dividends and ride the storm, things will look a lot better when the economy and market really kicks on in 2021/22.

This is the approach I’ve taken. My portfolio now consists almost entirely of: (i) Top 100 players who have lots of MB & PB potential; (ii) young talent who I expect big things from; and, (iii) goalkeepers who are likely to deliver 100% in dividends over the next 3 years.

• @ocs123

Spot on. My current strategy and thinking is pretty much identical to yours mate. 👍

• I still think there's a massive opportunity there for those that like to dig out PB stats. Lots of players can be bought very cheaply on ME who have a shot at returning over 25% of their buy price with a single dividend win. Goalkeepers are still value too.

Still lots of ways to play the game and I firmly believe that all 5 leagues being back in full swing will help shift perceptions. Even though we've had football back for a while it's been really fragmented, which plays in the mind. One of the things the platform really needs, is 3 months worth of solid fixture lists.

• Just starting to re-organise myself....and you touched on the DIV side of it.

Until both side of order books are in place and when you look at your port your value is within 2 to 5% of what it would be when you want to sell rather then the god knows what...seen some people say take 20% off your port price at the moment, then I am focusing on what happens on the pitch rather than try to guess the future.

I do have confidence that the platform will become a positive place again, just need to find a way of making it work. I'm currently getting enjoyment of watching my low ball fishing bids get snapped up and then within 5 days moving them on at anything between 5 and 18% profit after commission.

Its been a tough old time.

• @ocs123 said in Tell me the good news....:

@Archer22

Yes, it’s the new normal and there is further pain to come over the next 3-6 months once sell bids have been introduced and the market settles lower still.

One way to combat this is to reorganise your portfolio and focus on dividends over the next year or so. Cap app opportunities will be limited for the rest of this year, but if you can farm dividends and ride the storm, things will look a lot better when the economy and market really kicks on in 2021/22.

This is the approach I’ve taken. My portfolio now consists almost entirely of: (i) Top 100 players who have lots of MB & PB potential; (ii) young talent who I expect big things from; and, (iii) goalkeepers who are likely to deliver 100% in dividends over the next 3 years.

Agree that dividends are more important than ever. I've got a port full of PB players, keepers, and 1 or 2 youth hype bubbles. I only differ in that I've only actually got 4 × top 100 players in Kimmich, Gnabry, Jesus and Sabitzer.

Hold several others in the top 200 but a lot of my players are in the £1-£1.60 range but with proven PB track records. For example Erick Pulgar, Max Arnold, Sarabia, Tah or Demirbay.

This has pretty much always been my set up though, other than at times of MB only where I've held a lot of my money in ppl like Pogba, Neymar and Kane

• The problem at the moment is that we are drinking warm cat milk. FI haven't turned the fridge on yet. So you can't fully decide on whether this cat milk is going to be great or not, it's not the finished milk.

At the moment it is slightly gacky, with a couple of lumps. But given the previous milk was so good I have some faith that we will get served a premium saucer in due course. FI have built a great cat milk production facility and we just need them to sort out the dispensers.

Some of the fat cats are satiated on the old milk and this new milk is giving them the runs. But if you're tasting this milk for the first time, you should get ready to enjoy your FI journey.

🐱🥛

• @ocs123 I'm trying to set up my portfolio in a similar way. It's taken a bit of a tidying up since I started with some bad decisions. Got my steady eddies, my youth academy and my goalkeeper club. There are a few who fall in-between or in both but that's the way I'm hoping to sort my port for the coming season.

• What I think will happen is...

When sell orders and order books come in, buy prices will fall until we have relatively close spreads.

When that happens and we have tighter spreads, people will be more confident to buy and the market will rise again. We probably have to take the punch on the chin so we can get up again.

When it starts rising again then it should do so on more stable grounds.

It's important to remember that we have had dividend rises. Players are worth a fair bit more than they were previously regardless of whether or not FI buy them back.

I think if people are patient then FI can be great again but they have to be patient and its probably a good idea to have a cash balance for when it happens. Some people will overreact to falling prices.

• @SDOAFIT Not many players are regular dividend winners so most of the market isn’t helped by rising dividends though. Also, hopefully there won’ be a drop in the market if FI delist all the shares in the queue when they make changes as that should push prices up. If they change the delta to say 100 shares for a 1p rise then that may get the market moving quickly. I can’t see many people overreacting if there are falls unless they IS which would be there only choice and they’d taken an absolutely huge hit which is throwing away a lot of money.

• @TeamGB said in Tell me the good news....:

@SDOAFIT Not many players are regular dividend winners so most of the market isn’t helped by rising dividends though. Also, hopefully there won’ be a drop in the market if FI delist all the shares in the queue when they make changes as that should push prices up. If they change the delta to say 100 shares for a 1p rise then that may get the market moving quickly. I can’t see many people overreacting if there are falls unless they IS which would be there only choice and they’d taken an absolutely huge hit which is throwing away a lot of money.

I keep thinking the easy way for FI is to just change the delta back, 300 for a 1p rise would send the market booming, I dont see how they cant do it

• @Tom77 wouldn't doing that lead to rapid price rises and increase the likelihood of a share split?

• @Marksandygill I think it could but I can’t see how there’s any detriment to FI with rapidly rising prices as they don’t buy back now. I see a change in the delta the way to resolve the issues we’re facing and get the market moving which is obviously absolutely essential by the time the new seasons start.

• Whatever they do it needs to be something (either a delta change or use of MM's) to stop prices crashing. We've already had too many crashes that have hit some very hard (especially if you've not had extra cash to put in to offset some of it) and another really could damage the platform massively. It needs to be managed so any drops are minimal.

I've gone from 14% up to just 0.3% up in six months (currently back up to 1.3% up) so while I could ride and manage some small dips, another big hit to prices ,for me or those in a similar boat may be too much to swallow and would effectively leave you needing to make 20-30% profit just to get back to where you were.

• What do people see for the future of players like Fernandes and Rashford? Both now well down on their highest price. Will they ever reach such heights again?

• @Archer22 yep once new season starts, Media in the build up, Euros and CL I’m quite confident

• @TotalPunt said in Tell me the good news....:

The problem at the moment is that we are drinking warm cat milk. FI haven't turned the fridge on yet. So you can't fully decide on whether this cat milk is going to be great or not, it's not the finished milk.

At the moment it is slightly gacky, with a couple of lumps. But given the previous milk was so good I have some faith that we will get served a premium saucer in due course. FI have built a great cat milk production facility and we just need them to sort out the dispensers.

Some of the fat cats are satiated on the old milk and this new milk is giving them the runs. But if you're tasting this milk for the first time, you should get ready to enjoy your FI journey.

🐱🥛

This made me laugh so much I almost spat my cat milk across the room.