2% matched bids commission.

• Is anyone concerned with the incoming 2% for bids. I know many won't really care but its definitely going to effect the way I trade. I will be trying to get my port set out prior to this happening.

• @Tom7471 I mean a lot of the ME bids I'm getting matched are quite a lot lower so hopefully won't make too much difference but people are moaning that they're not able to sell at the buy price anymore but surely this will help the seller? Should balance things out a little bit if I'm understand correctly...

What date does it come in? Feel like it's best to get your port ready for the season ASAP before we have this is introduced.

• Not sure...

Best case, it gets people using market buys to avoid buying commission.

Worst case, people still won't market buy but just bid 2 percent lower so spreads widen.

• Re new season.

The players I want out I am just testing my luck on market selling. A few have gone through. Keeping a cash balance for Sell orders which should advantage buyers.

• @SDOAFIT I've still had a few market sells, Brewster just went at buy price and a sold a few Gimenez's. Makes sense to just list the players who the instant sell is way too low and hope for the best.

• @Tom7471 said in 2% matched bids commission.:

Is anyone concerned with the incoming 2% for bids. I know many won't really care but its definitely going to effect the way I trade. I will be trying to get my port set out prior to this happening.

What's the concern with it?

• @howsthebacon said in 2% matched bids commission.:

@SDOAFIT I've still had a few market sells, Brewster just went at buy price and a sold a few Gimenez's. Makes sense to just list the players who the instant sell is way too low and hope for the best.

Agreed.

I probably wouldn't IS anyone unless the spread was negligible or you were desperate to get rid.

• Won't make any difference in my opinion as most spreads and bids are miles lower than 2%, so people will just bid lower or take the hit. It certainly won't lead to people using Market Buy anymore than they are now.

Plus we've still got till end of September before the 2% comes in.

• Not worried as I won't be using ME unless I can bid and have matched a price that covers the 2%. Even then, I would have to work out if it's cheaper to MB.

• The 2% should have already been in place. It was a huge error to allow it to last until the end of September. As long as FI don’t throw yet another 🥱 curve ball to change our ‘bets’, the market will begin to level out.

• @Yellow said in 2% matched bids commission.:

@Tom7471 said in 2% matched bids commission.:

Is anyone concerned with the incoming 2% for bids. I know many won't really care but its definitely going to effect the way I trade. I will be trying to get my port set out prior to this happening.

What's the concern with it?

The concern should be that it:

(a) could lead to buy bids falling by circa 2% (as people reduce their bids to cover the commission), leading to players being ‘worth’ even less than they are now; and

(b) will definitely result in a further 2% of money (in addition to the 2% sell commission) being withdrawn from circulation from the market and given to FI.

Net result is bad for traders, at a time when the market isn’t exactly doing well.

They should postpone this until Summer 2021. Surely removing all of their IS liability is enough of a bonus for FI in 2020!

• With commission on bids people may be more inclined to match sell orders rather than wait to match bids

• @Yellow yeah as was said below I just hope it doesn't devalue players even more. I will find it harder to buy players knowing I will lose 4% on all trades rather than just 2%. Fingers crossed it doesn't make a difference.

• @Black-Wolf that's what I said above but less confident reading a few other perspectives. Will FI be making a shit ton more money from doing this? Are they making up for losses during COVID or is this more a way of managing the market?

If they're taking commission on both buying and selling, we might see the increased dividends continue as they should be making a fair amount of profit on commission.

• @Tom7471 you wont lose 4% on all trades just those you bought by placing a bid. Buying a player by matching someones sell offer wont cost you 2% to buy just 2% when you choose to sell

• @Black-Wolf

And i thought he was supposed to be a bloody professional ... 🤣😉

• As others have said, I'm hoping that it raises the sell price to the point that many just use the sell queues / buy now prices.

Whilst we can currently buy cheaper, portfolios have suffered a pretty massive drop in real terms because you can't sell near the buy price at the moment, whereas you could easily before.

• @Tom7471 said in 2% matched bids commission.:

@Yellow yeah as was said below I just hope it doesn't devalue players even more. I will find it harder to buy players knowing I will lose 4% on all trades rather than just 2%. Fingers crossed it doesn't make a difference.

You've always paid the 2% on the sell so the 2% on the buy is still value if it gets you the player below the buy now rate, so I don't really see the problem.

• It will make a difference to how I trade. Assuming I’ve understood correctly and you effectively pay 2% to make the bid even if you end up cancelling? Anyone confirm/deny that?

I chuck in bids and lose patience when they don’t match and move on quick to the next player. I’m not doing that if it is 2% per go.

If anything I’d be bidding higher to make sure the bid doesn’t just sit there untouched as it’s too low.

• @Elmer i would imagine you only pay 2% on a successful match, like you do on a successful sale now.