Jota

• Bought at 2.82, should I keep him or cut my losses?

• In my opinion cut your losses. That’s what I’m trying to do but no real chance of selling until season starts or sell orders come in as his spread is either nonexistent or very large.

Way too inconsistent for me and I’m get the feeling Nuno is feeling the same.

• Firstly that's a big price to swallow so sure it's a painful one to look at each day. The instant sell price on Jota is £1.75 which roughly means you're be getting 62% of your money back.

My advice would be to find a player with a similar spread you have more faith in that they can get closer to thier market price in the coming months.

I'd 2nd what @Erased-Citizen said on Jota but he is a player who's form is explosive.

• I think the signing of Podence has effectively relegated Jota from the starting 11. I think you'll struggle to sell unless he either gets a move to another club in a PB league, or someone at Wolves gets a long term injury. Worst case scenario is he moves to Portugal.

He's only 23 so he has plenty of time to come good. I probably wouldn't sell now, maybe wait for that injury or for him to get a run in the team and sell then.

• Everybody says Jota is streaky. Wait for a streak if u can

• It all depends if you need the money and if you think you can make the £1.10 back (after 2% commission) on another player before you would make it back on Jota?

In favor of selling you have the fact that he isn't a first choice and Wolves have no Europa league for him to play in either

In favor of keeping you have the fact he can be a good player and will have good games again which will raise his value, or he will move on which could do the same!

I hold some but I don't need to sell, so I will wait until he has a good game and sell at less of a loss!

• @MickTurbo said in Jota:

Everybody says Jota is streaky. Wait for a streak if u can

He definitely is, in the 3 seasons he's been at Wolves I can remember 4 streaks where he has looked unplayable at times and a world beater. He usually starts the season slow, gets dropped/injured then comes back all guns blazing. He was looking great this season before lockdown and grabbed 2 hat-tricks in successive Europa League games.

I wouldn't necessarily think his time at Wolves is over - it's true that Nuno got rid of Cav and Costa which turned out to be a great decision as we banked almost £40m for the pair, but i think the difference is that Jota can be a superb player on his day and if he gets to 24/25 and becomes more consistent who knows where he will go.

• @NewUser332703 said in Jota:

Bought at 2.82, should I keep him or cut my losses?

Looking at his 3 month graph, you couldn't be selling at a worse time mate ... it's too late now to be thinking of biting the bullet.

On a positive, he is young and has already shown that on his day he can produce excellent PB scores.

Think long term, throw him in a cupboard and forget about him for a few months.

Far too many users are 'cutting their losses' and reinvesting elsewhere, when in truth, the platform is in a period of transition and this is not how I expect the index to perform in 6 months time.

A decent run of games, combined with the platform sorting its shit out and you will wonder what the fuss was all about.

You haven't won or lost anything until you decide to walk away from the table mate! 👍

(Oh and I dont hold any Jota, just for transparency) 😉

• @johnboywalker yeah was just gonna leave him would lose too much, I’ll forget about him, all he needs he a couple goals anyway or a pb win.

• @MickTurbo yeah was thinking the same mate, he’s young enough anyway at least

• @Erased-Citizen I bought 400 of him 😃 I’ll just keep him I think and hope for the best, I got a bit carried away when I bought foolishly listening to people saying he’ll be 3.50.

@Erased-Citizen I bought 400 of him 😃 I’ll just keep him I think and hope for the best, I got a bit carried away when I bought foolishly listening to people saying he’ll be 3.50.

I'm keeping him also (got no choice) but I know there will be a chance in the future on one of his streaks to sell as I can't see my market listing of him being taken up haha

• I think any forward who gets their game (I know Jota doesn't always start though) is worth keeping until they bag 1 or 2. I've got Mitrovic, I bought him during the playoffs but he wasn't fit so now I'm stuck with him. Fully expect him to be Fulham's main man this season so should be able to flog him for near the buy price.

I also have Jimenez who is starting to drop but the Juve rumours are back again and shouldn't struggle to sell once the season is up and running.

If you had a forward who is in a non PB league or isn't first team then maybe cut your losses but I'd hold Jota for now. Shame they're not in Europe this season cos Jota banged a load in last year in the Europa, would've been a good time to sell.

• You couldn’t get the timing any more wrong if you are considering selling now with that kind of spread.

5x IPDs during the first few PL games -that spread will at least become a lot shorter off the back of a few early goals. If not then a young, highly rated, European goalscorer who is proven in the PL isn’t someone you need to be rushing to get rid of.

• Exactly, just think of the people holding Todd Cantwell ;) haha

• Don't sell. Maybe try and drop your average buy price as you can get at £1.74 - £1.76 at the moment and then if you want out sell on a spike/good performance. For the player himself I think hes decent, still 23 and if hes not getting game time then transfer rumours will circulate. Hes good enough for Wolves and will more than likely be in the Portugal squad as well

Bought at 2.82, should I keep him or cut my losses?

I would keep. He was one of Wolves' highest scorers in the EL. I continue to hold him with Nations League, Euros and the new PL season to come.

• If Jiminez suddenly moved late in the transfer window, that would probably improve his prospects. He might even get played centrally. I'd probably hold for now.

• @Boris999 said in Jota:

If Jiminez suddenly moved late in the transfer window, that would probably improve his prospects. He might even get played centrally. I'd probably hold for now.

I can't see Jimenez or any of the other stars moving in the near future, unless next season is a disaster - quote from the athletic

All of the above depends on Wolves keeping their star players, which is the most pressing priority. Despite incessant links to the contrary, Wolves remain confident they will keep Jimenez and Traore, the most vaunted of their key men. Indeed, recent reports saying Jimenez was set to imminently move to Manchester United were met with befuddlement at Molineux, with senior figures choosing to ignore the white noise of the rumour mill. While Jimenez, Traore and Neves are attracting attention, none of them is angling for a move. They are settled in the area and at the club.

• @Wolvesfan1980 said in Jota:

@Boris999 said in Jota:

If Jiminez suddenly moved late in the transfer window, that would probably improve his prospects. He might even get played centrally. I'd probably hold for now.

I can't see Jimenez or any of the other stars moving in the near future, unless next season is a disaster - quote from the athletic

All of the above depends on Wolves keeping their star players, which is the most pressing priority. Despite incessant links to the contrary, Wolves remain confident they will keep Jimenez and Traore, the most vaunted of their key men. Indeed, recent reports saying Jimenez was set to imminently move to Manchester United were met with befuddlement at Molineux, with senior figures choosing to ignore the white noise of the rumour mill. While Jimenez, Traore and Neves are attracting attention, none of them is angling for a move. They are settled in the area and at the club.

I hope you are right. I like what Wolves have been doing and the team they have built. They were unlucky to miss out on European qualification for next season. Also a shame they got knocked out late against Sevilla because they would've had a great chance against Man Utd too.