Selling Frustrations

• I can’t wait for the time I better time a sell. Sold Van De Beek just before he got linked with Man United and now been selling off Brooks (at a small loss) and he goes and gets linked with Man United.

Brooks spread got tighter recently, only reason for sale but I think what I’ve learned from this is probably give it a bit of time to see if something is materialising first. Does anyone have any other tips to a well-timed sale?! Probably won’t ever sell anyone again at this rate!

Anyway, there’s a player in Brooks. He’s a little lightweight and has some injuries - if he can get over these and bulk up he could be a good squad player but don’t see any room in Man United’s starting 11 for him.

• @Highfields96 said in Selling Frustrations:

I can’t wait for the time I better time a sell. Sold Van De Beek just before he got linked with Man United and now been selling off Brooks (at a small loss) and he goes and gets linked with Man United.

Brooks spread got tighter recently, only reason for sale but I think what I’ve learned from this is probably give it a bit of time to see if something is materialising first. Does anyone have any other tips to a well-timed sale?! Probably won’t ever sell anyone again at this rate!

Anyway, there’s a player in Brooks. He’s a little lightweight and has some injuries - if he can get over these and bulk up he could be a good squad player but don’t see any room in Man United’s starting 11 for him.

Try and remember why you bought the players before you sell them, you said yourself you believe in him. People probably want out of certain holds just to release some liquidity as it will feel great knowing you've sold a player. As a tip for selling at the right time, ask yourself if you would be buying him right now at that price, if not, might be time to sell. Doesn't matter if that players goes on and increases another 20p, thats the gamble and can easily come back down anyway, you've made your profit and moved on that's what's important.

• Thanks @Shippers. I sold mainly as I didn't expect Bournemouth to receive so much for Ake and Ramsdale and wasn't prepared to sit on him for a year as I initially bought for Euro2021.

Good tip though about paying that price - I'll definitely think about that in the future.

• @Highfields96 said in Selling Frustrations:o

Thanks @Shippers. I sold mainly as I didn't expect Bournemouth to receive so much for Ake and Ramsdale and wasn't prepared to sit on him for a year as I initially bought for Euro2021.

Good tip though about paying that price - I'll definitely think about that in the future.

Euros will come round fast mate trust me on that and you're going to want to prepare your port for it if you want to trade or have players in it. Though there will be more safer bets then brooks competing at Euros but i can see him having a good season as long as he doesn't join somewhere like United

• @Highfields96 in the past it has always been hard to sell when theres limited or no football on unless they are big media players or going through the transfer saga. Couple that with everything else and its no surprise its hard to sell so just hold out is my best advice. The ticker has been showing more and more activity lately and my portfolio is seeing some decent signs of recovery now as is the player lists when you look at the risers lists as the french league nears return. Im sure we will start emerging from the storm very soon

• Cheers @Black-Wolf - I'm holding onto the vast majority of my holds as I'm optimistic of the future. I just saw an opportunity to buy a couple of other players and so liquidised the money out of Brooks to buy them.

Think this post was out of pure frustration that the only two players I've sold since May have gone on to being linked with Man United and therefore big rises!

• @Highfields96 Van de Beek has a fairly large spread on him. You can pick him up again for around 2.15 - 2.20.

Obviously depends on what you sold him for.