GK conundrum

• It’s been a while since I have been active on the FI, post the changes that have come into force, and now GK are hot topic. Of Emi Martinez, potentially Arsenals number 1 next season, Henderson, same at UTD, Kepa or Meret, who would you buy into for the best returns???

Cheers.

• @NewUser122021 said in GK conundrum:

It’s been a while since I have been active on the FI, post the changes that have come into force, and now GK are hot topic. Of Emi Martinez, potentially Arsenals number 1 next season, Henderson, same at UTD, Kepa or Meret, who would you buy into for the best returns???

Cheers.

Every fuckin one of them mate ... 🤣 admittedly, I don't hold any of those mentioned, but I am struggling to find a bad bet at the minute in relation to keepers.

Goalkeepers are near ground zero. For those that sit here and dream about being on the platform in the early days when Neymar was 50p, this is pretty much the same.

Goalies were neglected and forgotten about for the first 5 years of the platform. It might take a bit of time for folks to realise this opportunity, but if you need any more convincing ... forum legends like @Black-Wolf, @Advinculas-Index, @Ericali and @MickTurbo have all massively restructured and every penny they make at the minute is being ploughed into GKs.

If it's good enough for this bunch of reprobates, it's good enough for you!? 🤣😉

Happy hunting ... 👍

• Always trust in the Horse

20bfb7a0-50b2-47c2-b3e2-992380b92ccc-image.png

• @NewUser122021 completely agree with @johnboywalker on this one I don’t think you can buy a bad keeper currently.

If you feel you’ve missed the boat on the french ones start picking up Bundesliga or Serie A ones.

Really surprised there isn’t much talk on Twitter about keepers but think that will change once the new dividend kicks in on the 12th September

• @NewUser122021 im not sure any of those you have mentioned will offer the best returns compared to many other keepers but @johnboywalker is right this is ground zero for this category and many seem to be holding off to buy late and max out IPD’s but im making them part of a long term strategy for a steady stream of dividends. I currently have 54 of the 98 first team PB keepers but If you are looking for one in particular id suggest Donnarumma

• @johnboywalker said in GK conundrum:

@NewUser122021 said in GK conundrum:

It’s been a while since I have been active on the FI, post the changes that have come into force, and now GK are hot topic. Of Emi Martinez, potentially Arsenals number 1 next season, Henderson, same at UTD, Kepa or Meret, who would you buy into for the best returns???

Cheers.

Every fuckin one of them mate ... 🤣 admittedly, I don't hold any of those mentioned, but I am struggling to find a bad bet at the minute in relation to keepers.

Goalkeepers are near ground zero. For those that sit here and dream about being on the platform in the early days when Neymar was 50p, this is pretty much the same.

Goalies were neglected and forgotten about for the first 5 years of the platform. It might take a bit of time for folks to realise this opportunity, but if you need any more convincing ... forum legends like @Black-Wolf, @Advinculas-Index, @Ericali and @MickTurbo have all massively restructured and every penny they make at the minute is being ploughed into GKs.

If it's good enough for this bunch of reprobates, it's good enough for you!? 🤣😉

Happy hunting ... 👍

This is all true. It's almost frustrating just how much they are all undervalued at present because there are out field players that I want to get involved with but I just cant bring myself to spend money on anything other than GKs at present. Of those u mention, I dunno, I'd maybe say that theres Utd money in Hendo which makes him a slightly riskier prospect than the others you name, but if you're familiar with actual risk assessment models, then I'd say he was maybe a 1 (severity) × 2 (probability). Which basically means u dont even need to wear a Hi-vis around him, whilst most other keepers would be a 1×1.

I also want to repeat what john has said about wishing u were around to pick up 50p Neymars. This is exactly how I see it as well, except there are nearly 100 of them in PB leagues

• I think part of the problem is the ££ tied up in the index at the moment, when you look at the % of trades actually going through on the ticker, it seems to be keepers getting the most love , once liquidity improves, this will free up cash and traders who havent been able to do so fully yet will gravitate towards keepers whilst they are still relatively under-priced.

• Everyone (including me) is going crazy for keepers at the moment. But when the dust settles, it is likely to be those who are playing regularly for winning teams, that will be most in demand.

Personally I haven't invested in Martinez, Henderson and Kepa, because I'm not sure they will be first choice at their respective clubs next season. But if they are, all could deliver excellent dividends and grow in price.

• I have Henderson but only as a newbie mistake buy before GK category was introduced. I probably wouldn't buy now, I feel he may be a loser out of the situation he's in at the minute.

At the minute, I'm just spreading around, buying keepers here and there out of PB leagues - over 50% of my portfolio is keepers. They're so cheap now, that favourable early fixtures could lead to good IPD's and then when everyone else wants some good cap app.

• Check this one out

purchased him 5 days ago - 20% + yeild and still 2.99 years to go on the bet

82192d53-6e8e-4c9f-a71a-588f585ba550-image.png

at the moment i look at the 1st choice ones as having the flippability (if this isnt a world it should be) of a Jamie Vardy - but with the added bonus of huge growth potential in the short to medium term.

• @Advinculas-Index yeah plenty of people flipping currently picking up some of the top keepers on ME well under value....long may it continue

• Heads up if Bild is correct huge value in Schalke keeper.
    Just bought 1500 in Ralf Shurman by all accounts the young keeper standing in for Nübel is going out on loan as he failed to impress last season and the they failed to land a replacement with Wagner stating Ralf is number 1 to start season 23 p ... I’m in at a that price all day long!

• @Advinculas-Index

Lopes is quality, although he won't have European football next season - unless Lyon can somehow beat Bayern and PSG to win this season's Champions League!

I bought in a month ago at 37p. Even now at 57p he still seems cheap, if people are prepared to hold and farm dividends for 3 years.

• @BMCG

Yeah, likewise I've picked up 200 Fahrmann.

Schalke have been ropey in pre-season. But 23p looks good value for a starting keeper in a PB league.

• @BMCG

I bought 1000 this morning at 19/20p when I saw that article reported. Nice to get ahead of the curve on a keeper, usually I sulk and brood for a few days before a keeper purchase

• @Baydog
    I still think think the Hertha keeper from friberg is another value one. He was wanted by a few clubs and chose Hertha above others , wish these guys weren’t so hard to spell it’s a dose searching for them .... showolotov or whatever his name is!

• @BMCG

I know the fucker, I couldn't spell or pronounce that name 😂

• Bought into 3 keepers on the day they were launched, all still look undervalued.

• Rajkovic, Reims, 24yrs old - EL football next year and Riems had a miserly defence last season, conceded 21 goals in 28 games, best is Ligue 1 before it got canned! Serbian international!
    • Strakosha, Lazio, 25yrs old - CL football next year, Lazio had second best defence in Serie A with 42 goals in 38 games (still not great). Albanian International (maybe not a huge incentive to buy!)
    • Simon, Bilbao, 23yrs old - Young and first choice for Bilbao, no European football but Bilbao did have joint 5th best defence in La Liga last year with 38 goals in 38 games! More of a punt for the future but talked about fairly highly in Spain.

Also keeping an eye on the following with a view to investing, current buy now prices:

• Gomis, Dijon, 26yrs old - 100 pb average last season with 2 x 200+ scores (only keeper to do this on the index) - 52p
    • Dragowski, Fiorentina, 23yrs old - 73 pb average last season with 1 x 200+ score - 71p
    • Musso, Udinese, 26yrs old - 95 pb average last season with 1 x 200+ score - 60p
    • Mendy, Rennes, 28yrs old - 90 pb average last easons with 1 x 200+ score - 64p

I also, as many others do, genuinely believe keepers are still great value and good long term holds. I don't have too much to play with money wise right now so value is what I am seeking. Also the spreads on some of the French ligue 1 keepers are so minimal now that it almost makes sense to buy now or sell what you hold and re-buy from market to renew for IPD's. If you renew (or buy) Rajkovic on Sunday for example, he will have 4 Ligue 1 games and potentially 2 nations league games (debate about whether these count for IPD's) in the 30 days. Great shot at some good IPD returns on a 97p keeper!

• @FI_Gump Nice selections these - don't own any of the ones that you own but do hold Gomis and Musso from your watch list. I think they're great value.

• @Highfields96 yeah very tempted by Gomis right now, great value and Dijon actually have a decent first four fixtures I think!