Oleksandr Zinchenko

• Just having a look to squeeze the last few bang from my buck before I have to change my port again (as we all will, and no I don't wanna buy a keeper)...... :-)

This bloke has caught my eye, thinking of sticking a cheap bid in for him, would you suggest he will get back up towards (not make) his peak 6 month price of £1.60? And if so, what type of bid would you be happy putting in for him?

2b16dc96-087b-4c77-bd9e-cd9cc2c1dc75-image.png

23 year old, seems a show in at Left Back, doesn't score or assist but is a sold player and if he can add the odd assist or goal to his game then who knows?

Thinking of bidding maybe £0.91 for him as he actually has no bids at the time of writing this - should this be a sign to leave well alone?

• @Millerman not sure Pep really trusts him, hence why the right footed Cancelo is starting at LB? I did hear rumours about Cancelo leaving though?

• Well I went fishing and it seems whoever has him shares your thoughts matched within the time I wrote this thread.

075b1a58-db36-4bd4-9b1e-b968c8ff7fc9-image.png

It's a betting platform right? Feck it, i'm in - won't be the first time I have lost a bet, but at 91p i'm on it!!!!!

• @Millerman I'd stay well clear buddy. Couple of reasons for and against him so you can see where I am coming from:

He is, unfortunately, a victim of Pep Chess!! Will he start or will Cancelo!?
    Cancelo is IMO a much better player. He is 26, price is on the rise and I think he will get the nod more often than not over Zinchenko this year.
    Major beneift of holding Zinchenko to my mind is purely for the Euros buddy. He will start as left back/wing back for the Ukraine. If that's a target for your port then I would consider bidding as low as is reasonable for him .95p max IMO.

Other defensive options I would recommend for you reference future growth in price are Leo Dubois, Joe Bryan and Francisco Montero.

• @Millerman I was looking at him too. Solid PB base scores but again it's the bloody Pep roulette that puts me off. What doesn't help is I cant make out if he is a left back or a left winger. He's really neither. Hope he does well for you though mate.

• @FI_Yoda said in Oleksandr Zinchenko:

@Millerman I'd stay well clear buddy. Couple of reasons for and against him so you can see where I am coming from:

He is, unfortunately, a victim of Pep Chess!! Will he start or will Cancelo!?
    Cancelo is IMO a much better player. He is 26, price is on the rise and I think he will get the nod more often than not over Zinchenko this year.
    Major beneift of holding Zinchenko to my mind is purely for the Euros buddy. He will start as left back/wing back for the Ukraine. If that's a target for your port then I would consider bidding as low as is reasonable for him .95p max IMO.

Other defensive options I would recommend for you reference future growth in price are Leo Dubois, Joe Bryan and Francisco Montero.

Cheers for the above, I'm going to try and get a few more matched, maybe look at getting a couple of hundred and then stop, with the start of the season, order books, and massive advertising campaign (and sorry to say this, but we all want to make money eh), that will bring lots of new folk to the party and they will see a young cheap player as a punt and maybe happy paying £1.15 or so a share for him.

Not massive money to be made, but I feel the risk is low enough to chance it.

• @Millerman

I took a similar punt on ME buying Cancelo at 75p in June/July - that one turned out okay.. Zinchenko is a hard one to read - when he plays he is capable of big PB - so for the price you have him, I reckon there is a good chance that you could sell him on at a decent profit when he does get a start and the spreads narrow (I'd bet that people will be willing to pay £1.20 on ME pre match if he is in the line up).. I have bought quite a few players to do this same thing on, not got Zinchenko but at that price it is one I am now considering for a flip...

• @Baydog

I know it sounds awful, but the tweet yesterday got me thinking about when I was new to the platform - FI are going to be splashing FI juice all over the TV screens...that brings people like me to the party.

Have the odd punt on this and that player, multiply that by the number of new users having a 'bet' should deffo as you say rise the prices of players so we have plenty of 'out's.

I have just stuck another 91p offer in, have decided to see if I can snap 500 up in total (I did have a few as he was part of my Euro port) so should be around the 96 - 97p avg price when I get to 500.

• @Millerman

Personally I am trying not to get too heavy involved (more than 200 shares) in any one outfield player until after the order book implementation, but I am finding that increasingly difficult to do. When I fancy a player I have always tended to back them heavy, and that is creeping back in as I now have a few holds of 500 - 1000 again... The 5X IPD players you will probably make some quicker gain on over the next month, but likewise you are unlikely to be able to pick these up at 30% discount like Zinchenko because there are games on...

For me I don't think I'd risk more than 200 shares in Zinchenko until after the transfer window has passed to be honest, he could benefit or be hit by a signing or a player being sold (including himself)

• Wolves looked at Zinchenko and had a bid accepted 2 seasons ago (he rejected as he wanted to concentrate on making it at city and we were Premier league new boys) with Jonny's long term injury we could go back in for him.

• @Baydog said in Oleksandr Zinchenko:

@Millerman

Personally I am trying not to get too heavy involved (more than 200 shares) in any one outfield player until after the order book implementation, but I am finding that increasingly difficult to do. When I fancy a player I have always tended to back them heavy, and that is creeping back in as I now have a few holds of 500 - 1000 again... The 5X IPD players you will probably make some quicker gain on over the next month, but likewise you are unlikely to be able to pick these up at 30% discount like Zinchenko because there are games on...

For me I don't think I'd risk more than 200 shares in Zinchenko until after the transfer window has passed to be honest, he could benefit or be hit by a signing or a player being sold (including himself)

Agreed, 499 it this then :-)

• @Millerman said in Oleksandr Zinchenko:

@Baydog said in Oleksandr Zinchenko:

@Millerman

Agreed, 499 it this then :-)

😂 Exactly playing it safe