'Ambitious' new dividend chart, tomorrow 5pm...

• ...and no chat on here about it?

4dc7da5f-bb9f-4c30-a39d-ed5052b68bbc-image.png

No market downtime is interesting, makes me think it's just a change to dividends without any further rule changes or new initiatives, like team of the month.

• @Yellow ambitious makes me think it has to be a big increase. It tells me they want to move from protecting the market to growing it In a big way. Why else would the say ambitious? If they had said generous id be less excited than i am I with this ambitious description

• @Dan-The-Man and plenty of chat within other threads, like the offers one. The review is clearly an attempt to get the market booming ahead of the sell orders launch. Interesting times, not to say crucial.

• I can't decide whether to go big on premium players, big on mid-priced PB players or to hold off because this could all be a cover to hide the damage that is coming with sell bids.

It's a stick or twist moment.

• I've made a couple of buys on players who I was already planning on buying and done this ahead of my planned buy time just in case but I'm not buying anyone in speculation. I'll keep a cash balance and see what happens 5pm tomorrow.

• Damn Yellow I was just making a similar thread at the same time as you posted this one! I agree chat has seemed a bit quiet about it when it comes to guessing the specifics.

• @ocs123 im sticking tight to my keeper strategy because even without an increase i know they are value for the future and safe from any kind of fall with offers. They arent in risk of any market correction from years of activity and no matter what they can really only go up over the next year

• I'm seeing some interesting movement on quite a few of the squad players.

Lots of risers across the board there, interesting...

• @Black-Wolf said in 'Ambitious' new dividend chart, tomorrow 5pm...:

@Yellow ambitious makes me think it has to be a big increase. It tells me they want to move from protecting the market to growing it In a big way. Why else would the say ambitious? If they had said generous id be less excited than i am I with this ambitious description

I hear ya... but the answer to your question is of course... "to make money.... boat loads of money." 🤑🤑🤑

Let's not forget that like a month ago, they did something very similar and then a day before, started lowering expectations.

That said... I think there's a fair few expecting something of a market crash when the new system is in place, so they'd need a fairly ambitious dividend scheme to try and counter that crash. Or at least to give people a counter argument to it.

• @ocs123 the latter for me. Not planning to spend big but a bonus could tempt me. I think there will be other promos or bonuses to help mitigate the initial damage to ports from sell orders.

• @Hotspur This too; after seeing a few people get a net buy bonus last week. I want to keep as much as my deposit power as possible just in case they give me or everyone one soon.

• I wouldn’t read too much into the word ‘ambitious’. I personally now take everything FI say with a pinch of salt as they have a track recorded of saying or indicating one thing and doing something else.

Will be sitting back and seeing what unfolds.

• Yea ambitious isn't a word to be throwing around lightly - also mentions information about offers to be delivered imminently?

• @Chris-J

Information on offers to be delivered imminently i think, rather than the actual system.

• Im expecting 15,10 and 5p for outfield players and 5,3 and 1p for keepers.

I wouldn’t consider that ambitious but id say its reasonable and probably the kind of increase we deserved based on the last 12 months growth. Their use of ambitious would suggest an even bigger increase than im expecting because it has to balance out the affect of offers.

My head might be in the clouds though

• @Meridismo04 Bundesliga striker's seem to feature quite extensively at the lower price end. Need to be careful with assumptions but I noted a few keeper rises in the squad players the evening before last Divs review.

• I'll be honest, this is how the cynic in me initially interpreted the announcement:

'Over the last few weeks, we’ve received a lot of feedback on our 20/21 Dividend chart.' - Everyone told us it was shit.

'There have also been some positive developments within the business.' - Once we took away house backed IS, we realised we had just made £100m.

'As a result, we’ll be unveiling an ambitious new Dividend chart for the 20/21 season on 26/08/20 at 17:00 London time.' - Have an extra few pennies back on a Gold Day, you peasants.

'There will be no market downtime before or after the announcement.' - Because sometimes when we try and suspend it, we mess it up.

'We are prioritising the Dividend announcement ahead of information on Offers which will be delivered imminently.' - Bored now, we'll just leave this poorly constructed sentence here. Surely everyone will understand what this means?

Appreciate there has been some chat elsewhere on the forum, but ordinarily there is a load of excitement in the build up to an announcement of any kind from FI. Are we all now so sceptical of them that they lack the buzz of before? With expectations so low, maybe this is where they knock it out the park...

• Well ambitious means determined to succeed so this dividend chart should be what we all wanted to start with.
    Hopefully with the good sentiment the sell orders will arrive very quickly.

• @Yellow said in 'Ambitious' new dividend chart, tomorrow 5pm...:

I'll be honest, this is how the cynic in me initially interpreted the announcement:

'Over the last few weeks, we’ve received a lot of feedback on our 20/21 Dividend chart.' - Everyone told us it was shit.

'There have also been some positive developments within the business.' - Once we took away house backed IS, we realised we had just made £100m.

'As a result, we’ll be unveiling an ambitious new Dividend chart for the 20/21 season on 26/08/20 at 17:00 London time.' - Have an extra few pennies back on a Gold Day, you peasants.

'There will be no market downtime before or after the announcement.' - Because sometimes when we try and suspend it, we mess it up.

'We are prioritising the Dividend announcement ahead of information on Offers which will be delivered imminently.' - Bored now, we'll just leave this poorly constructed sentence here. Surely everyone will understand what this means?

Appreciate there has been some chat elsewhere on the forum, but ordinarily there is a load of excitement in the build up to an announcement of any kind from FI. Are we all now so sceptical of them that they lack the buzz of before? With expectations so low, maybe this is where they knock it out the park...

That's almost exactly as I read it, except....

"We are prioritising the dividend announcement ahead of information on Offers" which I read as.... "We want to sell you the hype right now, so that you're 'ALL IN' for when we pull the rug out with the new Offers features".

Then someone piped up... "What if they nerf Keepers"... Which struck me as an FI thing to do.