PSG - Lens postponed

• Chuffed with that myself, hold Lukaku and Alaba sl was holding on in TOTM

• What’s the reason behind it being postponed?

• @Erased-Citizen Probably as PSG just played on Sunday. Bit harsh for them not to have a break of some sort given English sides are being given 30 days break if they were in the latter stages in Europe

• @Dave-B said in PSG - Lens postponed:

@Erased-Citizen Probably as PSG just played on Sunday. Bit harsh for them not to have a break of some sort given English sides are being given 30 days break if they were in the latter stages in Europe

That’s crazy. Bloody modern day footballers; don’t know they’re born.

They had a huge break when France cancelled their domestic season while others continued.

• Just read the game has been postponed until 12th September

Neymar needed a break after all those tears

• @Dave-B said in PSG - Lens postponed:

Just read the game has been postponed until 12th September

Well that kinda defeats any object of the cancellation as they also have a game on 13th. So they’re giving them a week off to then go and play two games in two days. You couldn’t make it up 😂

• Just because they're footballers still doesn't mean they could have enjoyed a holiday during lockdown.

Same with City etc - they've actually had longer than PSG.

• @Dave-B 10th September

• @Erased-Citizen Sorry should've said 10th September, not 12th

• @Highfields96 they might not have enjoyed an actual holiday but the PSG players had 4 months off.

In fairness they probably had to work out for an hour a day and then had the rest of it to play FIFA and rattle around in their 8 bedroom mansion and 3 acres of ground.

All while getting paid approx 80k a week (not including Neymar and Mbappe salary). Tough life eh?!

As @Erased-Citizen said they are bloody pampered pooches! :)

• bit annoying for us holding Icardi and Sarabi - surely their second team could get the job done (but seriously, it does make sense not to start the new season 6 days after finishing the last).

• @JonesyFI-WH Each to their own - like I said those 4 months were not exactly a holiday. Every club had the same - some clubs still decided to ensure their players were following strict training programmes at home.

To give them a couple of weeks off without any football related work is not exactly unfair - it's easy to bash footballers. Not exactly fashionable to stand up for them.

• Great for us Savainer holders with just the single game on though 😬

• @Highfields96 in fairness they would probably prefer to play as they've just lost the final and would rather get that out of the system as fast as possible.

Of course it is easy to bash footballers. They earn far too much. It's immoral. Footballers always say it's a short career so they should earn more. That doesn't wash with me.

If I earned £25k a year salary from age 16 to 66 (think i'll retire then!) i'll pocket £1.25m over that period.
    Mbappe earns more than that in a month. A month!!! Fucking obscene. Not their fault as they don't set their wages but I would never feel sympathy over a top flight footballer as they literally have everything.

• @JonesyFI-WH said in PSG - Lens postponed:

@Highfields96
    Of course it is easy to bash footballers. They earn far too much. It's immoral. Footballers always say it's a short career so they should earn more. That doesn't wash with me.

At the top end yes, but this is a tiny minority. Some players in the Championship probably won't earn enough in their career to retire; even less likely for players in league 1 and 2. Most of these players will have sacrificed education to be footballers.

It's an obscene amount of money that the tiny minority earn but equally there are other obscenely rich people out there too (Bezos, Branson etc) are you equally annoyed about them too? Bezos/Branson can continue to earn that amount of money if they're seriously ill but if Mbappe gets a serious injury that might be his career over (not that this is justification).

If wages of footballers was lower, better prices for fans and probably a better overall game. Not saying I agree with how much they get paid, but I can't say that someone doesn't deserve a holiday just due to their profession or how much they earn. We should all be able to take time away from what we do day/day - helpful for the mind.

Edit: This postponement was inevitable too after Lyon's fixture was postponed.

• @Highfields96 if it makes you feel better i cant bloody stand Branson either :)

To be fair Mbappe is probably an unfair comparison. If he suffers a career ending injury tomorrow he has still earned approx 60 million Euros at the age of 21. Nice work if you can get it!

I agree that L1 and L2 players probably dont earn much over the average yearly wage. I think the better Championship players, if they are sensible, could spend most of their non playing days on the golf course though ;)

I appreciate there's more to life than purely money but with lock down millions of people haven't been able to go on holiday so i'm not gonna shed a tear cos a footballer also can't.

Anyway we are derailing a thread. Not always gonna agree on stuff!