So then what happens?

• Genuine question.
    The last dividend review wasn't particularly received that well. So FI have gone away and are coming back with an ambitious announcement.

Dividends are improved all round and are suddenly very attractive.

Surely it's been liquidity or lack of it that has been the issue stifling growth/trading.

• I guess it would encourage those with funds to invest them? Im hanging on to see what they’re offering.

• Also less reason to sell up, if your potential yield is higher through dividends.

• @ocs123
    Not even for just 'selling up' though, releasing funds from one trade into another.

• Something I've wondered along these lines, are there people with millions just waiting to be invested that were put off by the last dividend review, because if not the next review won't actually solve anything?

• @Dronny-Gaz said in So then what happens?:

Genuine question.
    The last dividend review wasn't particularly received that well. So FI have gone away and are coming back with an ambitious announcement.

Dividends are improved all round and are suddenly very attractive.

Surely it's been liquidity or lack of it that has been the issue stifling growth/trading.

Number of factors over last few months which have stifled trading, I’d say between a lack of trader patience, poor communication from FI and the fact twitter made everyone believe it was going to be a huge increase which in turn meant more negativity and disappointment when it wasn’t the 100%. Obviously there is worry about the removal of IS back to FI and how things will look. The way trading has been last two weeks or so has given me huge confidence that if the increase is anywhere near the levels it was previously expected trading liquidity will be there and in turn confidence back in FI too for some.

• @Shippers
    Where will it come from though?
    Traders biting the bullet and taking the hit on some holds, or market makers targetting lower/mid end of the market a little more?

@Shippers
    Where will it come from though?
    Traders biting the bullet and taking the hit on some holds, or market makers targetting lower/mid end of the market a little more?

Same place it came from before, same place it always comes from. Theres plenty already held up in bids too which no doubt some will go to sell orders once spreads tighten, market makers will help. Huge advertisement going on and now their on front of two big championship teams and on front of Fulham's warm up kit.

• @Shippers
    Really hope it is the start of a new dawn.

@Shippers
    Really hope it is the start of a new dawn.

Personally i think it will be, of course there will be some drops but it seems a number of factors now will mean less than before especially if this div increase is 🔥🔥. Believe in the FI @Dronny-Gaz, believe!

• Whatever happens im hoping the increase is big enough that current users alone dont have enough immediate cash to swallow it up. We need the dividends to remain attractive for a long period of time to encourage growth through new traders joining over a long period of time

• @Dronny-Gaz This is a possible make or break moment.

If they get it right, just about all will be forgiven and the market will grow!

• It’s very clear that lots of people spunked their cash balances last night on Messi!! Think we might see a fair bit of keeper ISing today as people release cash for the announcement.

So I’ll be doing the opposite and putting bids in on keepers

• @Sav2000 yeah I am looking to do the same with keepers. I have a feeling that they will not receive another rise this time round so people may well want to dump them. I'll be ready to try and Hoover a few up.

• I think money will come out of Sancho rather than the keepers.

The move is dead in the water & the biggest transfer this summer is now likely to be the Messi saga.

It would make sense as lots of money is stored there for the media promotion that just won't arrive.

• Good to see similar thought processes on keeper holds. Reassuring. I'll be looking to hoover up as many as I can irrespective of today's announcement (unless of course they did something mental).

• What will happen tonight is what always happens if this is a sizeable increase, money will flood into the big boys at first, then suddenly twitter will comes to its senses, look at players who hold value towards the low to mid range (including goalies) and then money goes there too once these players start getting pumped.

• @Sav2000
    Good call. I think GK are the safest hold at the moment.

• I'm holding my keepers irrespective of today's announcement. They have loads of growth left in them (as long as keeper dividends aren't scrapped - which won't happen). Wish I had some spare cash to throw some low bids in.

• @Ericali said in So then what happens?:

I think money will come out of Sancho rather than the keepers.

The move is dead in the water & the biggest transfer this summer is now likely to be the Messi saga.

It would make sense as lots of money is stored there for the media promotion that just won't arrive.

I was amazed to see his price hold in the last few days. Big accounts saved by FI again with the review of the review... and most of them have the gall to smugly talk about 'bad bets'