rodrigo moreno To Leeds

• Just seen on Sky Sports that Leeds are in advanced talks with rodrigo moreno. What price do people see him being if the transfer gets completed?

I’ve got 100 @ 0.76p. Not sure if to top up!!

• I've got out of mine having taken a nice profit. Can't see at all why he would be higher at leeds than he was at Valencia. Less chance of scoring and no real chance of decent media now with Messi taking everything.

• @Bezz82 likely lower reaches of the EPL, so your looking at forwards from Villa, West Ham Brighton for a decent comparison.

He does have a bit of a PB game, so better than a lot of those strikers, but I'd compare him to somebody like Lanzini. Ok hes European but hes not got heaps of caps, although not a bad goals:games ratio for spain, but is 2 years older than Lanzini, who us currently 68p, so being generous I'd say maybe 80p once the moves done and dusted. So I guess it's a question of whether or not u think he'll win many divs to decide whether its worth while

• I'm just trying to remember what caused his 1.50ish spike, from memory it was just sentiment due to prolific form at the time and a national call up

• @Bezz82 said in rodrigo moreno To Leeds:

Just seen on Sky Sports that Leeds are in advanced talks with rodrigo moreno. What price do people see him being if the transfer gets completed?

I’ve got 100 @ 0.76p. Not sure if to top up!!

Leeds are a team that will be interesting to watch this season. Still not remotely clear what the starting line up will be like, so that just leaves us the manager to think about. Bielsa plays a possession game, somewhat comparable to Liverpool, albeit with bargain basement players... It worked well for Leeds in the Championship but who knows how effective it will prove against teams that are well trained on Klopp's tactics by now.

If he plays up top, I think you're looking at Firmino as a PB comparison... albeit without the important win bonus.

The one thing he might have going for him, is this is obviously a mega year for Leeds and there's a lot of MB potential surrounding Leeds vs Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool. If he bags in the opening game it could be a frenzy.

I'll be staying away.

• @NewUser731 said in rodrigo moreno To Leeds:

I've got out of mine having taken a nice profit. Can't see at all why he would be higher at leeds than he was at Valencia. Less chance of scoring and no real chance of decent media now with Messi taking everything.

Because English papers write about the Premiership every day.... that's not to say he's gonna dominate MB but it's a high profile season for Leeds and he could be the focal point, where as he could smash a hatrick in LaLiga and nobody in the media would give a rats.

• @Dan-The-Man I think that's a fair point but how many non-english players from promoted clubs won MB last season? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

• @NewUser731 said in rodrigo moreno To Leeds:

@Dan-The-Man I think that's a fair point but how many non-english players from promoted clubs won MB last season? Can't think of any off the top of my head.

No disrespect to Norwich, Sheffield United and Villa but their return to the Premiership wasn't as media attractive as Leeds returning to the Premier League.

Leeds are sleeping giants with long established rivalries against the biggest clubs. Though to be fair, if I could buy into Bielsa, I would, as he'll probably pick up a lot of the MB.

Phillips on some yesterday I think?