Random fifa 20 question

• Anyone here play fifa that knows how to defend? πŸ˜…

• @NewUser332703

If you don't know by now... I wouldn't bother learning. The new one is out in a month... and it might have different defending mechanics.

For now, just move your right stick, to switch to your CDM or CAM and sprint him backwards leaving the AI to control your defenders.

Set your player instructions on your midfielders to 'Come Back on Defence' and 'Cover Centre' instead of 'Cover Wing' then let the AI control your CB's. It's not ideal, but they'll do a better job than someone who doesn't know what he's doing and if you're bringing in the CDM/CM/CAM to make blocks you'll help them.

Also, set your Wing Backs to "Stay Back on When Attacking", so that you're not left with large holes at the back for a counter.... For that same reason, set up your tactics so that when you are taking corners and freekicks, there's only a couple of players forward, otherwise, they'll be in behind you if they nick the ball.

If all else fails, set your tactics to 'Drop Back', your CB's instructions to 'Conservative Tackles'... your CAM/Wingers to 'Come Back on Defence' and your defensive and attacking depth to 4. It helps if you pick a formation with 2 CDM's too.

It helps if your defenders have high agility, High defensive work rates (with medium or low attacking) and preferably good strength/speed.

• I find attack is the best form of defence.

My last 5 games on online season;

3-2
    4-3
    2-2
    5-3
    2-2

• @NewUser600411 said in Random fifa 20 question:

I find attack is the best form of defence.

My last 5 games on online season;

3-2
    4-3
    2-2
    5-3
    2-2

Online season? Which FIFA you playing... 2017 lol.

• I dont play ultimate team is winds me up!!

• Dan has made some great points, I'd also say jockeying is the biggest defensive tactic. Want to jockey a decent distance from the attacking player and definitely don't run and jockey when in your box, the game makes your player do some weird movement when you do that.

I also never use the tackle button, if you miss a tackle when it's 2 on 2, they'll leave you in the dirt and they'll be through on goal.

• @CTFi642

Yep, I never tackle... just run straight at the player holding jockey...

I do use Jockey with Sprint quite a bit though but the weird movement thing is real and takes time getting used to.

I also bring in the second player to press when the time is right but in general I try not to sprint at all....

• @Dan-The-Man Yeah for sure, I think it's certainly plausible to jockey sprint when on the defensive and you aren't getting the ball. Or if you're on the half way line, it can be pretty key to counter-attacking as you go straight into a sprint.

I also strongly agree that it takes getting used to, I've played FIFA for god knows how long but I have struggled to adapt to this FIFA the most.

• @CTFi642 said in Random fifa 20 question:

@Dan-The-Man Yeah for sure, I think it's certainly plausible to jockey sprint when on the defensive and you aren't getting the ball. Or if you're on the half way line, it can be pretty key to counter-attacking as you go straight into a sprint.

I also strongly agree that it takes getting used to, I've played FIFA for god knows how long but I have struggled to adapt to this FIFA the most.

I've put ungodly amounts of hours into this years, having taken some much needed time off work. I'm still shite ha, but I understand why at least.

• Lads this is an adult forum and you're talking about video games, grow up will ya......... when we doing an online FI fifa tournament then 😜

• @Shippers said in Random fifa 20 question:

Lads this is an adult forum and you're talking about video games, grow up will ya......... when we doing an online FI fifa tournament then 😜

When you're willing to lay your Messi shares on the outcome! I'll stick mine up too.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Random fifa 20 question:

@Shippers said in Random fifa 20 question:

Lads this is an adult forum and you're talking about video games, grow up will ya......... when we doing an online FI fifa tournament then 😜

When you're willing to lay you Messi shares on the outcome! I'll stick mine up too.

🀣🀣🀣, sounds like a plan that! I just bought 1,000 though so you have to match it now, fair is fair come on.... πŸ˜‰

• @Shippers said in Random fifa 20 question:

@Dan-The-Man said in Random fifa 20 question:

When you're willing to lay you Messi shares on the outcome! I'll stick mine up too.

🀣🀣🀣, sounds like a plan that! I just bought 1,000 though so you have to match it now, fair is fair come on.... πŸ˜‰

Ouff... that is ridiculously tempting ha but I've seen me play FIFA... and that's not filling anyone with confidence ha, would you accept 1,800 Lee Jae-Sung instead lol. It's totally more futures than your 1,000 Messi.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Random fifa 20 question:

@Dan-The-Man said in Random fifa 20 question:

Ouff... that is ridiculously tempting ha but I've seen me play FIFA... and that's not filling anyone with confidence ha.

Haha same here tbh πŸ˜†, maybe back in the day but these days i find myself getting trolled by 14 year olds who love the skill button!

• @NewUser600411 similar way of playing too, I figured as soon as you try and protect a lead your fucked lol. I got to division 2 though so not too bad

• @Dan-The-Man do you play the divisions online? If so what division you in? I managed to get to division 2. I find the best way to play is just constantly try and not give your opponent a second on the ball constant pressure even if passing players by

• @NewUser332703 I have never reached those lofty heights, I fall between 4 and 5, always promoted then relegated. I only press in my own half and counter that's my tactic.

• @NewUser600411 it’s the most frustrating game Iv ever played, I was nearly in division 1, it’s quite mentally tiring though with all the concentration needed lol

• The scripting winds me up... some stupid stuff starts happening when your on a role

• Pro Evo all the way I'm afraid. Every couple of years I try to get into FIFA as it has all the licenses and all the bells and whistles but ultimately Pro Evo is better on the pitch.