If you were Adam Cole?

• If you were Adam Cole, what would be your top 3 priorities, to help the Index strengthen?

• Tv adverts on Itv during the World Cup. Would be very expensive but could bring in a lot of new players/customers,whatever we are called.

• I think it's essential to target the audience exactly the same way that bet 365 does, by bombarding viewers between games, with adverts and celebrity endorsements.

I'd been a long time bet 365 user and no longer bet on football, with all my time, effort and money being spent on the football index. Which I find less risky, and far more enjoyable.

Initially when I was introduced to the platform by a friend, I was worried this was just a glorified pyramid scheme, and don't get me wrong, if your making a profit, then the guy next to you is probably in the red. But that's life, and I'd rather Joe Bloggs gets my cash and not Ray Winstone.

Ultimately, the more credibility the platform has, the more likely punters will get on board. This can be achieved by advertising in association with other reputable brands (the computer game football manager being a great example).

Significant referral incentives (20 quid referral bonus) will get other users to do the hard work, and refer friends, family and colleagues.

The more popular the platform becomes, the better it will be for all of us!!

• Do we think Football Index has anywhere near the funds to embark on national tv advertising?
    It’s bloody expensive. Ecspecially during football match breaks

• @NewUser115892 National TV advertising during England games is coming:
    https://twitter.com/AdamColeFI/status/986666887495942145

• Adam Cole already said the index would see a big advertising push during the world cup including tv ads. He also spoke about moving into more countries and possibly halving the price of players futures but giving double the futures to people that hold then so they aren't out if pocket. That should encourage more investment as eg.. Neymar would be down at £5.70 per making the big boys a little more affordable at least short term for new starters

• Very important to advertise the sh*t out of the platform during WC. However, they then need to make a lot of improvements to the platform itself as I think it will struggle to handle say a 10x increase in liquidity. For example we used to get paid dividends at 12:30 every night no problem, but now it seems to be 2:00 most nights and sometimes not till like 8. This has to be because of the increasing number of traders. If the number of active traders were to suddenly spike I wonder if they could handle this straight away?
    There also needs to be visibility to the sell queue with so many more traders. And I also think they can start to create an order book where you can work to buy/sell above/below the market price.
    TL;DR; FI must continually develop the functionality of the platform as liquidity grows

• @YakofWallStreet would only work if they halved dividend payout. Otherwise it will go straight back up and those guys will just profit. Not realistic

• @NewUser112186
    They’ve already scheduled 10 games including every England group game. Search his twitter to see the planned summer advertising campaign

• What about using football headlines from world media to attract global audience

• Perhaps more ads on bt sport and between 'foreign' games would be cheaper and more cost effecive? Targeting those who watch Europen football as opposed to just the masses? What ive noticed on here is that the players are very knowledgeable aout the European/World game... The general sun reader or EPL enthusiast is not always that bothered about the global game but FI targets need to be in order to do well! So maybe magazines like World Soccer and email market campaigns targeting those in England who like la liga & serie a for example?

• This post is deleted!

• Agreed a good advertising campaign , and when i say good, has to catch potential investors imaginations, some of the ones by the bookies Ladbrooks, ray winston bet365 i think, are very enticing, but am also guessing very expensive, but as its such an exciting and new concept, it should be fairly easy and cheap to make an advert on tv to catch the imagination, just depends how much it costs to run a 20second add on a prime time add break of the WC where am guessing bookies have driven the price up to get there adds in there

• Advertise at football grounds, get an advertising board at premier league grounds, yes this will cost a lot but for example one at old trafford what can be seen on TV when playing live and in front on 78,000. That to me would be a game changer

1. Introduce a 'Football Index Traders Guide' to download for free for new traders when they sign-up ( I know it's under 'Game Rules' but i think a lot of new traders miss this link or don't even know it is there and therefore keep asking on the Forum.

2. Offer a 'Deposit X and get X free' when new traders sign-up between from 1st June to 31st July !!

3. Increase/Decrease the value of a future by 1p for every 150/175 futures bought/sold rather than the current ratio which is about 100, maybe this could help stop future over-priced players on the Index??

What do you think?

Cheers

AndyP

• @AndyP32 I don't think number 3 is good for my profit making. Why would I want the growth to slow down of my players. I want them to go up by as much as soon as possible so I can make money, not go up twice as slow. Going up by 1p per 100 futures is better for the increase price of my players than 1p per 175. I want as much capital appreciation as possible.

• @NewUser59855 I understand your point but what if the ratio was 1p:50 then this would cause chaos, don't you think??

• @AndyP32 said in If you were Adam Cole?:

1. Introduce a 'Football Index Traders Guide' to download for free for new traders when they sign-up ( I know it's under 'Game Rules' but i think a lot of new traders miss this link or don't even know it is there and therefore keep asking on the Forum.

2. Offer a 'Deposit X and get X free' when new traders sign-up between from 1st June to 31st July !!

3. Increase/Decrease the value of a future by 1p for every 150/175 futures bought/sold rather than the current ratio which is about 100, maybe this could help stop future over-priced players on the Index??

What do you think?

Cheers

AndyP

1. As you’ve said, the information is already available while there are various posts on the forum and YouTube videos etc. But yes I think the information could be made a bit more easily available. Maybe when someone signs up they get a guide sent to their email? Regardless of whether they deposit it not.

2. There’s already the £500 risk free for first 7 days. In addition, it encourages people to recommend it to others so they’d get a bonus if they got someone else to join. So there’s already an incentive. Maybe promoting this with said guide as mentioned in point 1?

3. I believe the ratio of around 1p to 100 shares is quite straight forward and there is not enough of a valid reason to change it. Future over priced players is just a part of the platform. Removing this kind of element and risk changes things a lot while actually there is no need for it. In addition ‘overpriced’ is subjective. To done people, back when Neymar was £3 he could’ve been considered overpriced to some. On the other hand even now he could be seen as a bargain. It depends on value perception and personal strategy. If there’s a risk of ‘overpriced players’ then people don’t have to buy them if they don’t want to 👍.

• @AndyP32 Whatever way they do it that makes me enough money as possible is fine by me.

• Share split, with a reduction in dividends by a little under half.
    Prices drop to be more inclusive to those 'small pot' newbies, but more value is gained without it costing an arm and a leg to AC et al.

Gradual revamp of PB
    Goalkeepers need their own category, and points need revisiting e.g. assists

Functionality of platform
    Analytics are a must, as are the basics that would be expected anywhere else e.g export to excel, clearer notifications, android app and all the other stuff that's requested daily

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.