Why I'm so bullish on Football Index

• Posted this on twitter as a thread, but adding to it slightly:

Recently, someone messaged me out of the blue asking if I could give them 3 reasons to be bullish on Football Index

The recent news about Lionel Messi really backs up just why I think this product is unique, amazing and is the premier challenger to traditional boomakers.

The beauty is in the nuance of information.

Let's focus on Lionel Messi first.

The murmurs and whispers encourage a few riskier punts, and as that information solidifies and comes from more reliable sources - more buys are seen from the risk adverse, and the spread tightens.
    Now that traders have essentially confirmed, in their minds he is leaving - the question then becomes:

"Well where to?"

PSG? City? America? Back home to Argentina?

All with hugely different connotations for his price.

What other platform allows you to bet in this manner?
    As we, traders, get more information - we can then formulate what the probability is that he a) Stays at Barca or B) C) D) E) goes to one of those other clubs, etc.

The nuance is in the information.

Football Index captivates because of its attention to the finest of details.
    Now you have traders that aren't involved, but really - are more involved than they think.

As money moves from other assets into the one that's rising the most, the beauty of the matching engine means that it becomes a buyers market for the Messi onlookers.
    So from one bit of breaking news, we're so far in a situation where:

1. People are buying/selling Messi via 2 different buy/sell mechanisms
    2. People are pricing him dependent on potential outcomes
    3. Others are trading within spreads due to influx of cash into Messi
      (short breath)

That's not all though, what will the repercussions of Messi moving to another club?

• Does it mean other Barca players are more or less valuable?
    • What does it mean for other forwards at the club he joins?

So the 4th aspect is the 'knock on effect'
    So if we look at Messi in isolation, it's actually a microcosm of why #FootballIndex is phenomenal. There are so many avenues for profit and trading opportunities just off this one bit of breaking news.

In the last 24 hours:

~ £1m traded on Messi on Football Index

~ £15k traded on Messi's next club on Betfair exchange

That's amazing, and shows just how much potential this product has. It's truly amazing.

If that doesn't excite you, with the incoming addition of sell orders, and NASDAQ becoming the technological backbone...well then... 🤷‍♂️

• Definitely this last day of Messi has perked things up and highlighted the potential of all the strategies, as you say. I'm someone who sold Messi a couple of months back, and have no desire to get back on, but I'm looking at bargains the 'gold rush' for him is creating.

I think things have been so stagnant this last couple of months that people have forgotten what makes the index unique and great - Messi was actually perfectly timed to wake people up just in time for the dividend announcement tonight. I'm not expecting anything major from that, but it should still concentrate some minds, and with the seasons starting v. soon, plus the full order books being implemented soon, the only way is up.

• @The-FIG this Messi effect has highlighted to me the safety of my new all keeper portfolio. There must be players being impacted all over the index as everyone scrambles to grab some Messi, then theres the impact he will have on every other MB player if he comes to the EPL because i doubt the media will write about anyone else if that does happen but i the midst of the chaos my portfolio of keepers has been unaffected and will remain unaffected by Messi and his PB and MB appeal. Sure i wish i still held some Messi but at least i know my portfolio is very low risk for its high yield potential

• @Black-Wolf said in Why I'm so bullish on Football Index:

@The-FIG this Messi effect has highlighted to me the safety of my new all keeper portfolio. There must be players being impacted all over the index as everyone scrambles to grab some Messi, then theres the impact he will have on every other MB player if he comes to the EPL because i doubt the media will write about anyone else if that does happen but i the midst of the chaos my portfolio of keepers has been unaffected and will remain unaffected by Messi and his PB and MB appeal. Sure i wish i still held some Messi but at least i know my portfolio is very low risk for its high yield potential

Yep. My 5 GKs in a 21 player port are untouched. Two have increased in price (Pope, Rajkovic). Bruno as an outfield player has also increased (thanks to Maguire).