MESSI: Noobs beware 🚫

• With the football world going bananas at the thought of Messi doing the unthinkable and finally moving on from his beloved Barcelona, the price increase has been stratospheric. He will likely win MB galore on this MB Madness days, and if he ended up in the Prem he will earn a bucket load of MB.
    However, and there is a big however, if he stays (as some reports are saying, and he will sign 3 year deal) then he will drop to his previous price of £4.50 like a stone. That is a lot of money to be lost. I don’t care about experienced FI users, they are big boys now and know the risks/rewards- but new users, this is something you need to be aware of. You could make a lot of money on this trade, but you could also lose an awful lot on this trade. This is effectively flipping a coin. And that is poor trading. We should only really put big money in trades we are highly certain of. For most ppl to make money on this trade now they need a positive transfer to happen. And this is far from certain.

• I disagree, I expect him to rise above £7 by end of today and up towards £8 over next few days. Plenty of time to escape before his future is resolved or wait to see if City happens and if it does he will go again over £10

• Totally. 100%. But if he does come to Man City there's a good £5 worth of growth still, or PSG (His PB scores in that "Farmers league" will be astonishing). Plus MB on top either way.

Basically, its a gamble. A massive gamble. You are on a gambling site ultimately. You must be aware you might lose out here, but you could reap rewards also. Up to you and your money!

• Upside is much bigger than the downside IMO - but yes it's a high risk high reward one which is why personally I've only gone for a small holding.

• I guess that's why this is gambling and not investing?

• @Archer22 I still think this post is needed, as a newbie when Sancho was flying it was nice to see some people who even held Sancho being very honest about the bubble that was forming. Messi may indeed continue to fly and I got in at a low price so I'm pretty safe but I wouldn't advise any newbies to buy now unless they're willing to potentially lose out a bit. The more experienced ones will know how the game works so like the OP said, let them do as they wish.

There's a lot of pumping going on in the forum, so it is nice to see someone giving a warning out to newbies.

• @howsthebacon To be fair the pumping on the forum has died down quite a bit over the last few months, I still think the advice offered is usually fair and reasonable. Get yourself onto twitter if you want to see a PUMP although there is little sign of Sancho holders in the last 24 hours.....

• @Archer22 said in MESSI: Noobs beware 🚫:

I disagree, I expect him to rise above £7 by end of today and up towards £8 over next few days. Plenty of time to escape before his future is resolved

👆🏻This is what i’m worried about. When things start going south, the sharks will jump ship like shit off a shovel leaving new traders carrying the can 😏 Mixing my metaphors but u get the drift.

• @Harford-is-God I mean I'd say all the advice I've had on here has been great, people are very transparent on the forum and sometimes it's not pumping but recommending a good deal which in turn helps the share price.

I do think the point above about Messi is important as it won't rise for ever and if he stays at Barca it will go back to what it should be. This is the reason I've sold some of my shares in him, there's still money to be made but I'm trying to be as safe as possible.

• @howsthebacon said in MESSI: Noobs beware 🚫:

@Archer22 I still think this post is needed, as a newbie when Sancho was flying it was nice to see some people who even held Sancho being very honest about the bubble that was forming. Messi may indeed continue to fly and I got in at a low price so I'm pretty safe but I wouldn't advise any newbies to buy now unless they're willing to potentially lose out a bit. The more experienced ones will know how the game works so like the OP said, let them do as they wish.

There's a lot of pumping going on in the forum, so it is nice to see someone giving a warning out to newbies.

This post is 100% needed for newbies, we've all got caught out by FOMO and this post is perfect for newbies

• Agree it never hurts to warn, newbies need to know why they are buying. We’ve all failed to jump off at the right time though...that’s the game we play!

• I totally agree with the original poster and it’s very helpful for newer members to point out the risks involved so ppl can take a balanced view.

You have to make your own minds up and it’s a gamble at the end of the day and with Messi you need to exit at the right time, get this wrong and things could look messy.

• Im just kicking myself as Ive been thinking about buying a couple hundred just before he jamp up, would have loved that 80p cushion, but I guess its to late now.

I'd be very careful of buying in now at those prices, Messi is a great hold but only at the right price and £5+ is a risk for his age IMO

EDIT Just saw his price today and I feel sick lol.... People gonna get burned here....

• @Marksandygill Whats the diffrence between the two other than the UK tax laws?

• @Kanzz because you get into trouble for calling this investing?😆 look i think if done wisely, FI is as close to investing as you can get?!

But I'd say putting money on Messi to rise in price and then sell is a gamble, whereas buying at a price you believe he will return a good rate of divs at is more of an investment

I'm not sure Messi will return £8 worth of divs before he retires, £5-6 yes, but the higher his price goes the more of a gamble it is in both selling for profit and making profit from divs...

• @Marksandygill good thing about Messi's rise is, a lot of the people who bought him at 4.50-5 quid didn't buy him for profit, they bought him for the divs. The great thing is they now have an option to either cash in for profit or just hold on as they were and reap the dividends. There is obviously the risk of him leaving a PB league though which is a gamble still.

• @Kanzz But some were saying he’ll be £15 in a few months?

• I've sold all my shares, made a nice profit and if he does end up rising to £8, part of me will feel a bit stupid but mainly I'll know that this part of the game so to speak. I made the mistake of holding onto Sancho for the media dividends (as I wasn't get many other dividends at the time). I had to draw even on Sancho and all the media dividends felt a bit pointless.

With Messi I've had a few media divs and now some profit. Hope he stays at Barca and drops back to around fiver so I can buy back in. If he goes to City, I expect his price to fly but I won't be getting involved if that's the case - but I will enjoy watching him in the Prem.

• @howsthebacon think this is actually very reasoned and probably the thinking for most. I don't hold Messi, but I'd be more annoyed with myself losing the potential profit than being greedy. There'll be another spike/rise in a number of players over the next month; this platform is all about snapping up profit and moving onto the next one for me. Dividends come as an added bonus.

• People are already taking the profit (either that or have listed to market) as his price has slowed down and is starting to drop a little now.

Anyone who has him, keep an eye on his price as this is the time the big boys talk to one another and start to list en-mass causing the price to drop like billy o and then they snap them up and unlist theirs causing the price to rocket again where people buy at high price (after they list in small amounts).