PC vs App

• Hi guys,

first month on FI and i am still learning the ropes.

Is there any difference between using the app or online on a laptop?

Am i missing anything by just using the app?

• @NewUser250722 I have some issues with the app, maybe this is a good point to get some help on it. I dont seem to be able to cancel bids when I'm on the app and I'm probably being super thick but I can't work out where to go to search for players. For these reasons I tend to use the website more. App I just use for checking and the odd sale on the go.

• @howsthebacon I was just about to mention the not being able to cancel bids, annoying as hell! you can search for players on the top 200/squad players page on the android app!

• i learnt to cancel bids as i had this issue. You need to go onto your bids and scroll right slightly and there is the option to cancel bid. i think the screen is just not big enough to fit the whole line in!

• My biggest annoyance is on the PC the sell price is on the left and the buy price on the right - but on the App they are the opposite way around.
    Its confusing and should be sorted.
    Im android.
    Does anyone else have this?

• @NewUser250722 cool I'll try this - not the most intuitive app is it.

• @howsthebacon let me know if it worked for you bro

• @JDoubleU i almost always use the app as i find it does everything i need it to. I believe the ios and android apps are very different though so bare that in mind. I use the ios app and its perfect for me

• @Black-Wolf Yeah i use the app on iPhone but i just didn't know if i was missing out on anything on PC

• I tend to only really use the app. I think the website has a little more info on players but that’s the only difference that I find.

• @Black-Wolf Do you know a work around for the ios app where I can't log onto the forum? Just updated the app and now can only view the forum through the app and not post. When I try to log in it says invalid details. I've already logged out of app and logged back in with correct details no problem.

• The iPhone app since latest update doesn’t tell you the price you’ll receive after commission deducted... which is annoying/ridiculous as yesterday it did. Via desktop it does show total therefore you don’t have to work it out yourself.

Painful...should be no real difference between the 2 options.

• On the PC I can't seem to currently see where my bids are.....they used to be on the same screen as the portfolio. Anyone else having this problem?

• @Gregolocky no mine has always worked ok but i created a short cut to the forum on my home screen of my phone because you cant post pictures on the app forum. So i dont use the forum via the app that often

• Not really, very minor diffrences, but they both do the job.

I preffer the PC if i can but the mobile app allows you to quickly check while out and about.

• @ElegantMonkey said in PC vs App:

My biggest annoyance is on the PC the sell price is on the left and the buy price on the right - but on the App they are the opposite way around.
    Its confusing and should be sorted.
    Im android.
    Does anyone else have this?

This drives me nuts. They made a big thing of changing it a while ago, and I've never got used to it - I read across from the player name, and expect the first number to be their buy price. I still get caught out by it. "Buy & Sell" is the natural way of saying it, so it should be in that order IMO. It is the singular most pointless and unhelpful thing FI have ever done.

Then it's made even worse by the fact they only changed it on the site and not the app, as you rightly point out.