Best players for September IPD & my opinions

• The new in-play dividends have been announced and the following picture details what this means for IPD in September:
    8cc786a5-7619-436b-9718-b0bf94e73ea1.jpeg.

This surely represents a lot of money to be made from IPD in September.

For me, I think that this is terrific news for goalkeepers. Most of us will generally want to focus our investments on high achieving players, so I will focus my reasoning on these type of players and I'll just use the Premier League for the league in my example.

Historically, in a PL season, the attacking player who ends up with the highest number of cumulative goals and assists will end up with around 34 of these. The golden glove (most clean sheet) winner averages about 17 clean sheets per season. If we weight goals by 2 per goal and assists as 1 per goal (to represent the 20p awarded per goal for defenders and 10p for everything else), then a top achieving defender may be expected to achieve around 15 of these contributions (e.g. 5 goals & 5 assists).

34/17=2, and I am sure you that will agree that a top achieving midfielder/forward normally costs a lot more than 2x the amount that a top achieving goalkeeper costs, meaning that goalkeepers seem like better value specifically for this IPD promotion. Similarly, top achieving goalkeepers generally cost less than top achieving defenders, however their expected number of returns from this promotion is more than that of defenders (17 vs 15). The patterns unearthed here will also apply to other leagues and carry forward as you look at slightly lower-achieving players too.

Now, starting with player specifics, I really like the look of Anthony Lopes, the Olympique Lyonnais goalkeeper, who is available for just £0.70 at the time of writing. He has 5 fixtures between now and the end of September. In Ligue1 19/20, Olympique Lyonnais conceded the fourth fewest goals, and their opponents in their next 5 games finished in the following positions in Ligue last season: 16th, 12th, 8th, 18th, 1st in Ligue 2. This represents a run of very good fixtures. Additionally, four of these matches are the only game being played in Ligue1 on that day, massively increasing the chance of Lopes winning the new matchday dividends that have just been released for the GK category.

Most other teams in Ligue1 have only 4 fixtures before the end of September, most teams in the PremierLeague/LaLiga have only 3 fixtures (although some teams like ManCity, ManUtd, Barcelona, RealMadrid will have less), and most teams in the Bundesliga/Serie A will only have 2 fixtures.

Do you agree with me and who do you plan to invest in, in order to take advantage of this amazing IPD offer available throughout September?

• Are People sleeping on Eiji Kawashima 17p ATM starting GK as Sels is still not gonna be back. He needs one clean sheet to pay most of himself off? Gotta be the best buy in terms of % return.

Huge * But get out before Sels is back!

• How long is sels supposed to be out for?

• In July (July 17, 2020) it was reported as 4-6 months so maybe Nov/Dec ? Either way after the dividends bonus is over.

"This Wednesday, Matz Sels broke the Achilles tendon in training with Strasbourg. In revalidation for a period of 4 to 6 months, the Red Devil does not want to think about Euro 2021 and expressed himself in Het Laatste Nieuws."

• @Toptom he’s not guaranteed to start the next match Kamara has only just recovered from illness for the last game he might get a start.

Kamara is 22
    Kawashima is 36

• @Toptom I suspect kamara to start as only didnt play last week due to lack of training as a result of a cv19 test.

• @Sav2000 The age is totally why he is so cheap (and why not to hold him long term, hes likely never going to be a starter again after this period) I was only making the suggestion based on the short term nature of the dividends available!

Kamara was not even given that many minutes for pre season when he was available. Hence I think hes the long term player to take Sels place but right now he's still being seen as in development.

Trig he also missed the last pre-season match (and would have been unavailable for the canceled on too) so I think their is a little more going on.

Best of luck if your going the other way :)

• @Toptom I could be tempted at 17p when the team sheet is announced an hour before the next game........

• Actually thats a fair shout, wait till the lineups go in or even wait to see if they look solid. After all they did ship a few goals at the weekend! Might be the play even if he rises a few p in the week!

• Anyone got any good cheap goal scoring defenders in mind. Hopefully crack the 20p dividend?

• @Toptom said in Best players for September IPD & my opinions:

Are People sleeping on Eiji Kawashima 17p ATM starting GK as Sels is still not gonna be back. He needs one clean sheet to pay most of himself off? Gotta be the best buy in terms of % return.

Huge * But get out before Sels is back!

And how would you intend to get out of him?
    This has to be the worst tip I've ever seen.

• @NewUser499874 Huber at Hoffenheim, also decent chance for high PB when he scores. I hold 300 although will look to flip if he scores

Also Gunter at Freiburg

• This post is deleted!

• @Robin-Friday it’s changed today fella X5 on the new structure so worthy of a post

• @NewUser499874 said in Best players for September IPD & my opinions:

Anyone got any good cheap goal scoring defenders in mind. Hopefully crack the 20p dividend?

Hinteregger, Doherty, Ramos, Mina, Hubner, Lenglet, Brosinski & Alonso just off the top of my head.

• @Sav2000

haha, my bad.
    I didn't bloody realise it was x10 now for the month
    too much going on, can't keep up.

• @NewUser499874 caci if hes fit

• @Geronimo159387 where do you see Alonso now they signed Chilwell?

Genuine question

• @Robin-Friday Lets assume he gets 1C/s out of the 4 after doing what trig says and waiting till hes in the line up (if hes not playing then its a moot tip anyway and obviously don't buy) and assume we auto buy at 17p. So its only really 7p after the dividend. He's IS at 12p currently (without a clean sheet) so even if it doesn't rise off of a clean sheet then your still up overall.

But if its so bad wheres your big tip thats better?

• @trig said in Best players for September IPD & my opinions:

where do you see Alonso now they signed Chilwell?

Was talk of Inter & linking up with Conte again but wherever he goes, if used properly as a wing back (without too much defensive duties) he tends to threaten PB when he scores & at 80p will be a steal if he can get regular gametime. With all Chelsea's spending I would imagine some sales will be necessary to balance FFP rules so he looks likely to be on his way probably Italy or Spain IMO.