Is it too early?

• To start building my port for Euro 2021? I'm thinking of getting 15 players for it and if I win any divs along the way this season brilliant but it's all an investment (sorry gamble) for the tourney next year.

Has anyone starting doing this?
    How many you plan to hold?

• It's a bit too early for me to be thinking about this. I'm looking at the likely dividend winners for the new season

• Can you ever be too far ahead of the game?
    Not if you're a patient man.

I'd personally also be looking to tick boxes.
    EURO 21
    Potential future transfer.
    PB League.
    Euro Club Comp Games
    Maximising IPD returns

You tick all those boxes - send me his name. 😁

• @Dronny-Gaz said in Is it too early?:

Can you ever be too far ahead of the game?

EURO 21
    PB League.
    Euro Club Comp Games
    Maximising IPD returns

Thauvin

• Any players that go to the Euros will be the ones that play well this season, so you might as well try and find those!
    You do run the risk of injuries, or players that lose form, or even ones that find form if you go too early I suppose?

I mean you could say;

Fernandes, Kimmich, Mbappe, Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Foden, Greenwood, Lewa and 30 others will be there and involved, but then they are premium players so they should be...:)

• @King-Fergus
    Was he injured last season?
    Down as only playing 2 games.
    Also looking to move I think. Otherwise, would have been great for the 5x IPD with 4 or 5 games before end of Sep.
    Could still be of course.

Can you ever be too far ahead of the game?

EURO 21
    PB League.
    Euro Club Comp Games
    Maximising IPD returns

Brekalo, Weghorst, Neuhaus, Amiri, Serdar, Krameric, zakaria, Elvedi, Lazaro, Hannes Wolf, Akanji, Plea, T Hazard are my bundesliga picks satisfying those criteria

• @Baydog
    That's your best bet though isn't it.
    Ticking as many boxes as possible.

@King-Fergus
    Was he injured last season?
    Down as only playing 2 games.
    Also looking to move I think. Otherwise, would have been great for the 5x IPD with 4 or 5 games before end of Sep.
    Could still be of course.

Fully fit now, he’s gone under the radar until recently.
    Marseille got euro football so may stay but looked good in pre season.

@Baydog
    That's your best bet though isn't it.
    Ticking as many boxes as possible.

It certainly can be if you are patient, but it can also back fire. Brekalo for instance is getting linked with Napoli, and I am not sure that would do wonders for his value. There are probably players who only tick half of those boxes who i think I can make big % gains on, bigger than some that tick all of the boxes

• @King-Fergus

I've been umming and ahhing on him for some time. My one concern is ruddy Payet being a mid also, they will be competing with each other a fair bit

• @Baydog
    Amazing stats from the 2/3 previous seasons.
    Lots of transfer talk though. Villa/Leicester/Atalanta etc.

• @Baydog would it be premature to suggest Payet will become less influential now he's 33 , maybe more of their play will go through Thauvin?

I'm keeping an eye on him with a cheap bid dangled for any takers.

• @Dronny-Gaz

A move to Atalanta would be an interesting one. He was superb for PB the season before last so there is definite value in him if he comes back firing from his injury, and with the IPD bonus running he is a solid option.

• @howsthebacon said in Is it too early?:

@Baydog would it be premature to suggest Payet will become less influential now he's 33 , maybe more of their play will go through Thauvin?

I'm keeping an eye on him with a cheap bid dangled for any takers.

Payet is more dominant for base score as he takes all set pieces and pens. I am not sure if Thauvin will get a share of these duties, if he doesn't then his PB potential will be based largely upon how many goals and assists he can get to out score Payet. He is prolific so there is a decent chance he will do this several times a season

edit - I would not be surprised if he gets changed to a forward, that would seriously boost his value in my eyes

• @NewUser600411 I got ready for euro 20 last Xmas and have just kept them all and topped up during the dips. Have sold a few now as they market sold, but will/have bought back. Still finding after a market sell can buy back cheaper using patience + ME

• @Dronny-Gaz
    Exactly my thought process. There are a few that I bought some time ago using exactly the same criteria. I won't mention them all as I am hoping to top up on over next week or so.

However, given I am pretty much all topped up on him now, I would suggest Robert Skov. In addition to ticking all those boxes, he's also got a decent PB game. The one downside I can see is a potential positional reclassification. Listed as a defender currently but does play in some advanced positions for TSG.

Edit: should have mentioned that I have been picking him up at Β£1.50 via the ME. Think that's good value.

• @Vaughany said in Is it too early?:

The one downside I can see is a potential positional reclassification. Listed as a defender currently but does play in some advanced positions for TSG.

Did he not recently get reclassified as a forward?

• @Baydog Yes, happened a few weeks ago, not sure that his value remains on that basis.

• @Westy I remember me and @MickTurbo discussing and planning our portfolios around the Euros late last Summer. Never too early!!