Salah

• is it to late to buy any salah?also im new to the index,how much can you make on buzz players & star players

• Salah is very much a one off to be fair as he's been extremely successful this season. But I bought him as one of my first purchases on December 26th. He's returned me approximately 29% on my investment in dividends. And his price in the same time has almost doubled.

• @NewUser141508
    You haven’t done enough research. Research research research, knowledge is power 👍. If you think you can profit from Salah then of course it’s worth it. Just depends what your strategy is (or is going to be). The information is out there, especially about dividends. But to help you out - Every day there’s a game (regardless of how money) it’s 5p MB. So that’s 5p for every share you have in that player. On treble media days it’s 8p for top spot, 5p for second and 2p for third place.
    For PB, it’s 4p for top forward, 4p top midfielder and 4p top defender/goalkeeper with 2p for overall star player (top performing player). All of that is for a single game day. Double is x2 and treble is x3. So 12p positions etc and 6p Star player. So for Salah now, for every share in Salah him, it’d cost you £9.60 per share for him with a potential 5p per share. Obviously not the best percentage but if he keepers winning and his price continues to rise, is it worth it? Your portfolio and your choice 👍 Good luck

• @FranklynMary said in Salah:

@NewUser141508
    You haven’t done enough research. Research research research, knowledge is power 👍. If you think you can profit from Salah then of course it’s worth it. Just depends what your strategy is (or is going to be). The information is out there, especially about dividends. But to help you out - Every day there’s a game (regardless of how money) it’s 5p MB. So that’s 5p for every share you have in that player. On treble media days it’s 8p for top spot, 5p for second and 2p for third place.
    For PB, it’s 4p for top forward, 4p top midfielder and 4p top defender/goalkeeper with 2p for overall star player (top performing player). All of that is for a single game day. Double is x2 and treble is x3. So 12p positions etc and 6p Star player. So for Salah now, for every share in Salah him, it’d cost you £9.60 per share for him with a potential 5p per share. Obviously not the best percentage but if he keepers winning and his price continues to rise, is it worth it? Your portfolio and your choice 👍 Good luck

Just to put play devils advocate on that. You can buy 1000 shares for same price as 100 on a lowend undervalued pkater, 25p rise £250, how long would it take to earn £250 on dividends on 100 futures.

• @SMacFI
    Exactly, these are the things that people need to take into consideration and what they want their strategy to be 👌

• @SMacFI wouldn't disagree with your point but when selling those 1000 shares the price will drop at least 10p (you can only sell 100 at a time) and the spread may also increase due to the large number of shares being sold off, realistically being 25p up on a player and selling 1000 would net closer to £100 than £250 with spread, commission and price reduction factored in.

Still good profit but I wouldn't want anyone to buy 1000 of someone without knowing this.

• Salah proper does my head in but I'm jealous, just had to get that off my chest. 😂

• @Ozzlebert said in Salah:

@SMacFI wouldn't disagree with your point but when selling those 1000 shares the price will drop at least 10p (you can only sell 100 at a time) and the spread may also increase due to the large number of shares being sold off, realistically being 25p up on a player and selling 1000 would net closer to £100 than £250 with spread, commission and price reduction factored in.

Still good profit but I wouldn't want anyone to buy 1000 of someone without knowing this.

Yes this is also a point whats worth making, i just drip feed 20 futures to the market at a time Max Mayer for instant this last 5-7 days i have been drip feeding a lot of shares 20 at a time and there nearly all gone made over 50p on him in 7-8 weeks am happy with that and hes going fast as his price is still slowly rising, but totally agree, i would never recommend buying anywhere close to 1000 to make a quick flip, you simple struggle to get rid of much more than 200 or 300 at the very most quickly.

• @NewUser92251 said in Salah:

Salah proper does my head in but I'm jealous, just had to get that off my chest. 😂

Hahaha, yeah I thought he topped out some many times so never entered his position, and he keeps rise sing, I don't mind Salah winning all the time it was when Neymar was constantly winning or Messi Ronaldo, why would the UK press be talking so much more about these 3 names that say other UK based players that I couldn't understand.

• As it's been said many times a balanced portfolio is key. A mix of MB, transfer linked players, PB stars (although less now as only a few WC games and nothing else over the summer) and up and coming stars.

I think a few MB players have taken a bit of a beating recently both on the index and forums so I thought it would be worthwhile to highlight their advantage / the thought process you should take before investing ;
    Firstly will I be able to sell back to the market for the same amount I've bought them for (anytime up to 3 yrs) it's no good getting a couple MB wins but have to sell for a much lower price - this is what we see when people buy a player who has just transferred, you pick up a couple MB wins before their price drops back down to a pre-transfer norm, never to rise again. If we use Salah as an example, if I pay £9.60 for him today and he drops a £1-£2 after the CL + WC will he see the price again, will he continue to dominate MB, win PBs, will Liverpool have another good CL campaign next year and most importantly will the platform continue to expand providing new users to buy him etc. If yes all MBs he wins in between buying + selling are the equivalent to a 2p, 5p or 8p price rise.

Secondly, if you have an investment limit, either in total / monthly there will be a time when you can no longer invest without selling someone, media money gives you a steady cash flow to re-invest in new players. If we take SMacs example from above, he's made a very decent 50p on Max Meyer in 7-8 weeks, let's say he bought Meyer on the 10th March (approx 50 days ago) Salah has won £1.26 in MB in that time (I haven't included PB) so whereas all of the Meyer money has been tied up, the Salah money has been producing dividends to re-invest which brings in our lovely friend compound interest - the first 5p buzz is re-invested and is now also earning.

Of course the MB 'haters' will shout that 100 Salah is 4.5x more than 100 Meyer and that's why you should have a balance, because for every low-mid price player like Meyer that increases 33% in 7-8 weeks, there will be plenty that don't move at all and plenty that will drop 33%.

• I dont often back up more so MB and PB am some what in the middle,, for my strategy its a bonus if i pick one up a PB. But am not as much backing them more giving my honest opinion but I will say, MB and PB are long term holds, so its irrelevant, theres a dip and everyones seeing a lot of red right now, profit and loss means nothing, if your holding a player long term for say 3 years, your holding them for there MB PB return, so there every day price makes zero difference, (yes it looks nice to be in the green but on a long term startagy means nothing) It WILL even itself out look at any graph of any player, lets use Neymar over the course its been and stray upward trend, but within that graph theres been the odd small downward dip, so what am saying is players you hold long term, will take dips especially at a huge trend change end of season. But what does it matter your holding long term, come new season or 5th of may meeting you will see the biggest increases. As much as it annoyed me hearing everyone over the last 2 months going on about huge growth, you cant then go on about no or decrease in growth as you guys had it good for so long, anyways my point is Can you all please stop stressing come next season you will all be back on track as normal play resumes and with by then 4months of investment of new customers, sitting higher than you was before the mini crash. so PLEASE PLSASE chip have patience and you guys will all be back to annoying me again with your messages of huge gains. Like i said MB is not for me, but just wanted to put some perspective on the current situation. One last point to keep it all in perspective, i cant fault Salah and £1.26 is amazing, very rough math, 8 weeks ago Salah was £8 Mayer i got at 1.43, so for 100 salah thats 550 Mayers thats a return of £297, anyways its all by the by and i appreciate we have different strategies and not all my players will return anything close to that. but i just wanted to try and calm a lot of the worry of late and give IMO as a someone thats not an MB strategy supporter so my statement is as un biased as you will literally ever get, Just be patient and by next season you will be in a better position than you was at the peak of your good times.

• I general terms, the question might be better described as - is Salah over valued? For me he's not as he's returned £1.21 in MB since 17th March. Even at today's price that's an 11%+ yield in 6 weeks. Incredible.

If I had funds to buy say 10 Salah would I buy all now? Possibly not as there's a lot of judgement involved. As soon as he missed two days of MB he'll be back down to £9.20/9.30. If you think that will happen in the next week than probably best to hold off, use the funds on a few short term holds and buy in when you're proven right. If you think he'll be top of the tree for a few weeks then holy shit get those 10 bought now. It's treble MB soon and you're talking nearly 1% a day yield if he hits top spot.

All depends on strategy, risk profile of the investor and external factors which can not be controlled or predicted with certainty.

On the whole % thing re lower value players. It doesn't get mentioned very often but if a 10p rise in a player gives a 10% profit,then the converse is also true.

• Anyone have an idea why Salah is dropping quite significantly at the moment? 50p and still going in the space of an hour? He has been a bit off the mark the last few weeks but he still has the Cl Final, WC and all the MB too. I'm sure it'll go back up but after yesterday's rise with the meeting deposits etc, I'm quite surprised to see such a drop so quickly.

• @FranklynMary said in Salah:

Anyone have an idea why Salah is dropping quite significantly at the moment? 50p and still going in the space of an hour? He has been a bit off the mark the last few weeks but he still has the Cl Final, WC and all the MB too. I'm sure it'll go back up but after yesterday's rise with the meeting deposits etc, I'm quite surprised to see such a drop so quickly.

I'm guessing that people are worried he is in a bit of a bubble and that his price is going to crash in the summer and wanted to get out before it happens sacrificing any dividends in the meantime. There's probably a lot of people looking for an indication that his media domination was going to stop.

I sold before the Roma game for the same reason - was a mistake as he has risen since then but que sera. I bought at £2.40 so his value as a percentage of my portflio was very high.