Share refresh

• Hey,

With the crazy double IPDs in September, does it make sense to refresh most of your shares?

For example I have 1k Neymar shares for an average price of 9.09. Would just need 2 goals/assists to cover commission and during that period he can play up to 5 games.

Only potential disadvantages are losing the nice figures in your protfolio of player rise and if he gets injured.

• Perfect time to refresh your IPD shares with spreads narrowing.

I’ve refreshed a few of late and I’ve just done Neymar. Have a few more lined up to refresh over the coming 2-3 days.

• Think I will refresh Neymar tomorrow to ensure my shares are eligible for the 5th game.

• @NewUser507842
    Just FYI, I believe that if you wait to refresh until Saturday, you would also get a 5th game that is IPD eligible. The PSG v Reims games was originally pencilled in for the 26th Sept but I have checked and it looks like it's now on the 27th.

Can someone else double check that and that my 30 days counting is right?

• @Vaughany @NewUser507842
    Ignore that. Just seen the other thread where that's confirmed. You'll need to buy on Saturday to get the 5th game by the looks of it.

• @Vaughany I did see that but I decided to refresh today in case his spread widens slightly again as it needs to be very narrow to make it worthwhile, especially with the 2% commission.

Hopefully he won’t get a hattrick on 27th but even if he does I’ll get the PB and still 2p IPD’s

• @Erased-Citizen
    Good point. I am thinking it might be wise for me to do the same, not with Neymar, but with another PSG player who I want to top up on. He's a decent price via the ME now but he could be up by 5/10% by the time I buy Saturday morning.

• @Vaughany It is a bit of a guessing game as they may stay as very short spreads for a day or two. I have Di Maria to refresh also but want to wait until Saturday.

• Well that worked well!!

MS 520 Di Maria @£1.68. After commission I had £854.10. Then bid for 520 @£1.64 costing £852.80. These have all been matched. Took 2 hours start to finish, made £1.30 profit and have IPD refreshed all of my shares.

Also moved a chunk of cash from P/L column to the cost column, not really important but no volatility to the cost column.

• just done this with neymar. more or less the same average price. definately worth it and with the new dividends i imagine a healthy cap app isnt far away

• If the spread is tight would 100% do it, done it on most of mine. Some a bit harder at the moment like Jota, Adama, Pogba etc cause of there spread

• @Martyn-B Hi mate, When you say MS is that instant or just put in the sell queue?

• @Dizzy-Man MS is Market Sell. So add them to the sell queue and wait. Instant Sell is abbreviated to IS.

• @Martyn-B said in Share refresh:

Well that worked well!!

MS 520 Di Maria @£1.68. After commission I had £854.10. Then bid for 520 @£1.64 costing £852.80. These have all been matched. Took 2 hours start to finish, made £1.30 profit and have IPD refreshed all of my shares.

Also moved a chunk of cash from P/L column to the cost column, not really important but no volatility to the cost column.

@Dan-w Don't worry about out bidding me, all worked out well in the end. I could have posted this on 3 different threads! Might have got a bit greedy though, struggling to buy back my Marquinhos and Cornet. Marquinhos happy to let ride till tomorrow, Cornet I want back before 4pm cut off.

• Thanks for the info, I’ve refreshed my Neymar shares too. I did it when there was a 4p spread so pretty much need to cover the commission for any IPD returns.

• I did it with Depay yesterday too. Used IS at £4.43 and market bought for £4.44. Good to see it work out in his first game!!

• I had 450 Depay shares which id held since just after his injury so at half time tonight i stuck them in the queue and when i saw him flashing in the queue in the 2nd half i brought him back straight away as he went through almost as soon as the 2nd penalty was awarded - which meant i lost on the bronze divs but won the 15p IPDs from tonight and am now eligible for whatever he does in September as well as owning the shares for 7 months longer.

• Can someone explain the point of refreshing? Just to get the IPD's for a month and hopefully this outweighs 2% commission (providing you can sell and rebuy at same cost)

Worth doing it on Depay at 5 / 5.04 currently before midnight? (lose Bronze day winnings?)

• @Abaalan said in Share refresh:

Can someone explain the point of refreshing? Just to get the IPD's for a month and hopefully this outweighs 2% commission (providing you can sell and rebuy at same cost)

Worth doing it on Depay at 5 / 5.04 currently before midnight? (lose Bronze day winnings?)

usually in most normal situations its not worth flipping players in this price category. but this one was an unusual one given that he scored 3 goals which are worth more than the bronze day winnings even after selling in the queue and getting hit with the 2% commission and now the shares which are now eligble for the september games including the enhanced 10p goals and assists, so for someone like Depay, it was worth doing in my opinion. -

but....this was all done by selling in the queue so i only lost 2% commission not IS which if you did now would cost you an additional 5p per share

• @NewUser507842
    makes sense but be careful
    also fi have said they will make an easier way to renew so dont worry too much