Opta

• Was wondering when anyone knew when opta were updating their details. I have Hakimi of Inter Milan in my portfolio but he is still showing as a Real Madrid player and a defender at that. Surely they'll look at him being classed as a midfielder. I hardly saw him in his own area.

• @NewUser269874 said in Opta:

Was wondering when anyone knew when opta were updating their details. I have Hakimi of Inter Milan in my portfolio but he is still showing as a Real Madrid player and a defender at that. Surely they'll look at him being classed as a midfielder. I hardly saw him in his own area.

There are some players still listed at clubs they left 2 seasons ago. Not sure it's Opta at fault mind.

• @Dan-The-Man ah ok I will call the dogs off then. Had it in my head that it would be better if he stayed classed as a defender but the opta classification does not affect performance on Football Index then?

• @NewUser269874 said in Opta:

@Dan-The-Man ah ok I will call the dogs off then. Had it in my head that it would be better if he stayed classed as a defender but the opta classification does not affect performance on Football Index then?

Sorry, to clarify.... the position is Opta... I'm just not sure the club is

• Can FI not implement something where positions only change once a season or something like this? Just a pain as I would of got on Meunier but he changed to MID but then Guerreiro changed back to DEF but they play in the same position.

• @Pez plenty play in the same position but are classified differently - it's stupid.

Just an example the following 4 players players play in exactly the same position (right of a front 3).

Sancho
    Di Maria
    Mahrez
    Gnabry

Yet 2 are listed as Midfielders (Sancho and Di Maria) and 2 are listed as Forwards (Mahrez and Gnabry).

• @JonesyFI-WH
    It's an 'old' way of thinking.
    You no longer have def, mid and att.
    However, they do need to be categorised in one way or another.
    The one change a year makes sense to me.

• @JonesyFI-WH yeah very annoying as there all basically wingers which should be FWD.

• @Dronny-Gaz Agree should just be once a year, not twice in a week like Atal

• @Pez could someone explain to me the following please. Lets take Hakimi as an example. He is classed as a DEF and is a classic wingback. As far as matchday scoring goes does it make any difference to me whether he is classed as a DEF or a MID?

• @NewUser269874 Clean sheet as a DEF so 24 points extra

• Agreed with the sentiment about consistency as well as it only being changed a limited number of times a year/season. Maybe two defined periods ("windows") such as Jan and July as I can imagine some players may actually change position mid-season

• @JonesyFI-WH said in Opta:

@Pez plenty play in the same position but are classified differently - it's stupid.

Just an example the following 4 players players play in exactly the same position (right of a front 3).

Sancho
    Di Maria
    Mahrez
    Gnabry

Yet 2 are listed as Midfielders (Sancho and Di Maria) and 2 are listed as Forwards (Mahrez and Gnabry).

Yeah some are nuts. Cuadrado played most of last year as a RB and when not at RB he was RW... but he's a MID...