Media Buzz

• I see a lot of traders heavily invest on media buzz and continue to benefit.

But at what point would you sell?

For instance if Salah keeps winning MB but his price drops, what would you do?

• Sell when you think the media buzz will dry up. For example, when Pogba and Mourinho had a bust up, he was around £6. Anyone who knows the market could tell u there would be a few media buzzes in that story. Then when that story taps out (ie. When Pogba came out n said he wanted to concentrate on playing and there was no issue with him) sell... He was at around 6.60 at that point. A wee bundle of media returns and 60p profit per share... Win win.

• The other alternative, If something happens that makes u believe there's a price drop coming... If it's more than the commission you'd pay then sell and buy back lower when it drops, you've just made a profit and ended up with the same thing. My own personal view on Salah is he's consistently winning the MB on days where no big stories happen. So why sell at the moment, it's gonna take a big story to stop him winning, so short of a world cup story or Ronaldo coming back to united or something, I feel he's a safe bet for good dividends in the future (unless he leaves England of course)

• Regardless of my views on MD players, surely your chose to invest in them for the long run, so you shouldn't be thinking of selling, if your strategy is to sell and flip after a player has risen X amount, you dont want to be doing that with Media players, the commotion itself will eat most of your rise unless its huge, so I would advice what strategy you are aiming for if its one to sell after a price increase, stick with low end players where combustion is low that are undervalued, or you think will rise with transfer spec, but if you want to invest in MB players, then keep them through thick and thin long term,

• But not saying you cant make good profit flipping MB players as well, you just have to be aware of the higher risks and combustion i guess

• @John-Renwick said in Media Buzz:

Sell when you think the media buzz will dry up. For example, when Pogba and Mourinho had a bust up, he was around £6. Anyone who knows the market could tell u there would be a few media buzzes in that story. Then when that story taps out (ie. When Pogba came out n said he wanted to concentrate on playing and there was no issue with him) sell... He was at around 6.60 at that point. A wee bundle of media returns and 60p profit per share... Win win.

%100 agree, but you have to tap out before that, as you cant see a player in a sellers market when everyones tapping out, you have to try gauge the trend and sell when theres still demand, thats the hard part, knowing when your close to the top of an upward trend, or else no one will buy when the trend starts to fall, instant sell being your only option, which isn't a bad option if your up 60p

• You sell when they are no longer an MB magnet. For the true magnets this is unlikely to happen for a while yet. Pogba for me is one of the best holds on those holding for MB. Yes you can get out at the top and back in at the bottom but in reality how likely are you to judge that perfectly? The only way you sell your market at his peak is if you put up for sale in the early hours after the final win of his streak. In reality you have to IS so lose 5% including commission which is what he rose in the first place. And that's if you manage to IS before everyone else. Yes this doesn't take into account the opportunity cost of tying up cash that can be used elsewhere, but if you're diversified you should have cash being recycled from profit taking elsewhere in your portfolio. I have Pogba, would buy more at £6.36 if it fits my strategy and wouldn't mind if he falls below £6 as capital value not why I'm holding.

The other standout is Neymar. His price movement throughout all of this has just confirmed what a lot of people already knew - he is the king and for me he is a snip at £11.56.

• @Pierrey2129 well as long as u keep up to date with what is happening then there's every chance you could call it right and at the right time. It's a 10% rise in the example I used. So even IS'n will still make a profit. To knock back a trade because you'll 'likely time it wrong' goes against the reason why we all trade on here. Neymar has always returned well until recently. But with no PB for him until the WC and him not winning MB for a while, and transfer season and the world cup may cause some surprise winners, so he might not be worth all that money for the next couple of months.

• You would have thought some English players are going to get Mb for the build up to the World Cup, especially as it will be triple Mb.

Looks like your connection to Football Index Forum was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.