Do lying whingers get Media points?

• Maguire the victim

• This is confusing??? They weren’t counting, now they are??

• Also, Rooney got a load of MB points for sticking up for Maguire...

• @Ollie I dont hold any strong opinions on this as I'm not a United fan and dont really care too much about the national team but...out of curiosity why do you think he's a lying whinger?

His story does seem farfetched I guess. The only thing is, had he been out with the lads for example, I might be more inclined to believe he'd brought it all on himself but it appeared to be quite a chilled couples holiday but then again some blokes can still get into scraps when out with their missus, or even more so haha.

• Probably cos he's already changed his story at least 3 times which contradict each other and that none marry up with his "defence" in court. So at least 2 of the stories must be a lie!

But I guess the man u supporters will forgive anything so long as it's one of their players, Imagine if it was (insert Liverpool Player) and the same people defending Maguire will be the same people crucifying them.

• I was not sure how to take that interview. He looked very uncomfortable and was almost in tears a few times. My gut was that he had been advised to lie a little but he seems to have had a rough time of it.

• @Toptom There is alot of irony in this post.

• I'm neither a Man Utd or Liverpool fan and I don't really read the tabloids so I only really saw a few potentially bollocks stories being shared on social media. I saw the BBC interview and it did seem farfetched and like he was trying to save face a bit but his story is also so specific that he has set himself up to look daft if it's a lie.

• @howsthebacon I'm not sure anyone will particularly care either way in 6 months.

I am a Utd fan and struggle to have an opinion on it. Young lad potentially a bit stupid abroad, potentially done over by some dodgy police.

The world goes on.

• @GH yeah @Toptom talking about him being forgiven - I think even if the worst case scenario happened I'm sure most fans would forgive their player as long as they take their punishment whatever it may be.

If he had sexually assaulted someone or racially abused someone it would be different but a player getting in a drunken scrap isn't really something the fans usually cancel a player for.

• @howsthebacon I believe the police version of, "do you know who I am", the assault and bribery, rather than the gf was injected theory that only surfaced after he left the court..

The only thing I'd agree with him on, is the leg kicking he got from the police, I've seen that on holiday documentaries.

• So err yeah as I was saying, don't go to Greece, full of people trying to Kidnap you...

fought the law.jpg

• @Ollie I don't necessarily believe either as his story seems a bit off but also the court case was over in a flash, which is a bit suspicious. Don't doubt the bribery bit because even if Maguire's version of events is true, I'd still have tried to buy my way out of it if I was that scared for my life - as he says he was.

I read the stuff about his sister being potentially drugged before the court case but it wasn't from a reputable source and you're right, it wasn't as detailed so no mention of an injection.

• Watch the official interview video at around 2.36 when he is asked ‘did you try to bribe the police’, the camera cuts away from his face. He is about as truthful as the bbc are.

Here is the real breakdown of what happened:

Harry went out. Got plastered. Had a major scuffle with a few others. Police were called. The police restrained Harry after informing them that they were plain clothed officers (very normal on the Greek islands by the way) he was arrogant and attempted to bribe the police.

Southgate did the right thing. Now Ole needs to strip him of the armband.

• @Sol I think that is maybe what's more likely on the balance of probability but you seem very certain. Doesn't sound like he's had a fair trial so I guess we'll see.

I agree, strip him of the armband and without any bias, I'd say...give it to Bruno ;)

• This post is deleted!

• @howsthebacon said in Do lying whingers get Media points?:

@Sol I think that is maybe what's more likely on the balance of probability but you seem very certain. Doesn't sound like he's had a fair trial so I guess we'll see.

I agree, strip him of the armband and without any bias, I'd say...give it to Bruno ;)

@howsthebacon who’s Bruno? 🤣

• Seemed to forget the whole thing about Albanian people traffickers sticking a needle in his sister and her passing out............... which earlier in the week was the whole story!!!!

• @trig was that him saying that or just hearsay reporting? If he did change his story that much then yeah fair enough...probably telling porkies.

• @howsthebacon no idea to be honest, lad goes on holiday gets in fight with foreign cops. He is lucky to be coming home with no broken bones tbh