Thiago Silva to Chelsea

• Just signed for Chelsea. Good or bad from FI perspective?

• @Kipper72 I'd say dodgy personally. I think he will win less PB and once the transfer spec is done hes not really gonna be one to benefit from EPL MB bias

• @MickTurbo Agree with that. Also being 35 there will be no cap app either.

• I got lucky being a Chelsea fan my twitter is heavily CFC and i saw the twitter rumours a few days before it was confirmed and he was about 35p. He went up to about 64p and i cashed out on Wednesday the day before his medical and it went a bit stagnant

• I picked up 250 shares for 50p on ME a couple of days ago, will have some MB activity in the next couple of days, wouldn't be surprised if he is made captain, ball playing CH, fancy he'll win one PB in the season, will be plenty of opportunities to exit with good returns during the season.

• I managed to buy him at his most expensive (bloody FOMO!) but just sold with a small profit, just worried he would end up back down at 30p a share again!!

• At his current price he’s surely still great value. One star man all season and some MB (hopefully 4p today) will surely make up the majority of his price in a season.

• @TeamGB maybe, but he is 36 in September and signed on a 1 year deal and he is 55p a share!

So lets say I want to make 15% but can't guarantee he will have any value in a years time that means I need to make 64p, which is no mean feat considering no central defender at Chelsea managed more than 2p in PB divs last season...

• If I could get him around 40p just before the Prem kicks off I would be tempted but nowhere near 65p........

• @Marksandygill you can sell him at an opportune moment before the end of the season so you don’t need to wait to see what happens on the last month do you. Even if it’s for a month or two from now you’ll probably make a profit overall in all likeliness when he’s in the media and might start well.

• @Marksandygill All fair points, its a gamble to buy and probably exit needs to be earlier in the season where I'm certain there will be a spike.

Scoring a goal before the end of September would be nice :-)

• @TeamGB no, but at the same time someone has to want to buy him, in fact ignore that, people are still probably buying Rooney so you'll probably be good...:)

At least Chelsea might be a bit better at the back this season with Silva, Sarr and Chilwell!

• Sarr is going out on loan

• @Kipper72 said in Thiago Silva to Chelsea:

Just signed for Chelsea. Good or bad from FI perspective?

Chelsea's Openning Fixtures

• Brighton
    • Liverpool
    • West Brom
    • Crystal Palace
    • Southampton
    • Man Utd
    • Burnley
    • Sheffield United

There's a few tricky fixtures in there but equally some that you'd expect Chelsea to dominate and that could lead to a decent score for a ball playing CB like Thiago.

He won PB 3 times last season under the current Matrix and that's with Ligue 1 ending after 27 games due to COVID.

Also, something to keep in mind. Chelsea conceded in all 8 of their opening games, so if we're 8 games in and they have 4 clean sheets, people are going to be full of praise for the difference Thiago Silva has made and the 'fine bit of business' of singing him on free transfer. Chelsea have the option for extending his contract by a year built in.

He's probably not going to top Messi's MB in the coming days but second place for him is a 6% payout and if he bags during the IPD scheme, you're laughing but I wouldn't bank on that.

• Only concern is the season starts for Chelsea on the 14th i believe. I don't think he is even in England yet. Would that not mean when he does touchdown here he will have to quarantine for 2 weeks? So time he is out of quarantine surely he wont be training and ready to play for a few games.

Please tell me if i got it horribly wrong?!

• @JDoubleU said in Thiago Silva to Chelsea:

Only concern is the season starts for Chelsea on the 14th i believe. I don't think he is even in England yet. Would that not mean when he does touchdown here he will have to quarantine for 2 weeks? So time he is out of quarantine surely he wont be training and ready to play for a few games.

Please tell me if i got it horribly wrong?!

doubt the elite have to quarantine ?

• @nicky540 idk i saw on SPN that Mount, Tammy, Tomori and Pulisic had to quarantine as they were abroad together and it has messed up FL's training. I am prob wrong tbf

• @JDoubleU He won't have to quarantine let's be real, he's likely been tested already and as long as he is negative it's all good.

Silva will not be captain as some people are suggesting online Azpi will remain captain, Ok on the pitch he is less vocal than you would like but off the pitch and in training he is the perfect professional. Silva at best will make vice captain as Jorginho looks like he won't play/will leave, however with Reece James and Chillwell likely to be Chelseas fullbacks moving forward Azpi will likely be benched for quite a few games during the season however Chillwell has a heel injury and is unlikely to be back before October.

• As far as I’m aware pro footballers are exempt to the quarantine rules if travelling for business purposes.

• Chelsea will be strong this season. They already had a strong midfield, now they've got goals galore up front and a CB that players football and has been a top 5 CB for most of the last 12 years + a much needed LB.

I think he'll get some MB when the media realise how good he is (assuming the age hasn't crippled him!) and he's also a great footballer, so he'll get a good amount of passes leading to PB.