Rashford injury...who will step up?

• Looking to get in on some cheap bargains right now in the United squad following the news. Who would you put £1000 on? James, lingard, mata? Someone else? Opinions please 👍🏼

• None of them outside the starting 11 the squad is crap.

• @Sol
    I know they are cheap but I personally wouldn't expect much in the way of a return from James, Lingaard and Mata. If I had £1000 and I had to spend it on a Man Utd player, I'd go Martial. Think he still looks decently priced.

• It sounds like he is being advised to rest prior to the start of the season, dont forget also that Man united will not be playing in the 1st round of matches.

I suspect there are numerous better options to be looking to invest £1000 on at the moment apart from James, lingard, mata

• @Vaughany agreed with Martial I own him and Pogba but only bought Pogba as he was so cheap recently.

• @Vaughany I’ve been looking into that also. Just fancied a completely outside bet and ride with it for a bit. The £1000 is all divided money, so I’m not too worried about a great loss. My gut feeling is Daniel James might start to show glimpses of a great player in the making. Might have this completely wrong though 🤪

• @Advinculas-Index

I suspect there are numerous better options to be looking to invest £1000 on at the moment apart from James, lingard, mata

Most definitely there are, I just fancied a punt on a complete underdog at United. If you had to pick a player from the squad to fill that winger role, who would it be?

• @trig you ‘own him’ wow you slaver, you! 😂🤣

• @Sol
    You might be proved right about James but I think you can make your money work better for you elsewhere on the Index currently. So many other opportunities that are more likely to turn you a profit but if you trust your gut. might be worth a little dabble but maybe not the whole £1000?

• watch the French league games when the new 20p divs start and as soon as any defender scores just smash £1000 on him... :)

I imagine James will start if Rashford is injured but I wouldn't put money on it, you might need to wait until the day of their first game?

• @Vaughany haven’t got a clue myself, just a gut feeling...or it might be the 🥃 American eagle from last night. 🤣

E6495A23-582A-4912-BDE9-E384A4B69A97.jpeg

• Rashford very likely to be fit to start the season at an educated guess.

• @Sol
    You fruity bastard, drinking on a Thursday night? No wonder you've come up with a hare-brained idea about Dan James proving to be half-decent....😉😉😂😂

• @Advinculas-Index said in Rashford injury...who will step up?:

It sounds like he is being advised to rest prior to the start of the season, dont forget also that Man united will not be playing in the 1st round of matches.

I dont know i dont follow Man U that closely - out of the 3 you mention probably James, but i do struggle with the logic of trying to invest £1000 on a player who may or not play a handful of matches during the rest of the season and for a club that is likely to be playing on of the fewest amount of games during the enhanced divs period.

• From what I've read this is just an ankle injury and won't keep keep him out for very long, it's more a rest during the internationals. That said I'm not convinced he's fully recovered from his back injury and the problem with back injuries is that they can't have knock on effects elsewhere in the body. As such I think Utd will need to be careful with Rashford and this may open up game time elsewhere.

Assuming Rashford was going to play down the left, then I think this does open up more game time for James. However I'm not convinced he's much more than a speed merchant and I don't think he's good enough long term to start for Utd, he's a decent option as an impact sub though, something Ole knows about.

Mata's best position is in the middle, he's got a great passing range but his mobility is limited and he has no pace. I see his best role as back up for Fernandes. He's 32 so his price is only going to decline. You might see him enjoying an Indian Summer if he leaves united next year and goes to Spain where he could probably pick up some decent PB wins playing in the number 10 role. Bit of a gamble though.

Lingard is 27 so he's at his peak physically, personally I don't think he has the mental attributes to be a top class player. His pass selection is poor and his attitude off the pitch seems suspect.

So if you are limiting yourself to those three I'd probably go James, but honestly I'd probably avoid all 3. In my opinion the best person to buy as a result of the Rashford injury is probably Rashford. His price is at a three month low, his spread is over £1 and he'll either make a full recovery and see his price rise, or he'll be in and out of the team, which will probably see him pick up MB each time he makes his comeback.

Alternatively Greenwood is probably who Ole will look to to step in, he can play anywhere across the front 3 and it looks likely he'll start getting picked for England soon as well. He's pretty pricey already though which is the only thing that puts me off.

• Gone in for 300 on James 🤣 don’t laugh much..I have a hang over! The rest I’m going to throw into Martial and Messi. Cheers lads!

• @Sol tbh Mata stands out to me as the best option, maybe not even for staying at United, feels like he may move at some point and most likely Spain/Italy, might do alright elsewhere. Can see him back at Valencia at some point.

• I’m a United fan and I wouldn’t touch any of them with someone else’s money unless they were leaving to get first team football elsewhere (which Lingard probably will).

• @Sol You are still buying Messi at this point?

• @Sol
    Martial is only player in united squad worth having at current prices bar Bruno or greenwood .
    The rest including rashford are overpriced and pretty worthless. Lingard mata and James are woefully short of what’s needed for a team chasing top 4 .
    Whoever the next big signing is ,especially a forward is worth a punt. Reckon it’s a simple decision invest in martial or be patient to see who rocks up at the club but stay away from those 3 options as they are pretty woeful options .... Might as well spunk your money on Mc Tominay ....buy a goal scoring cheap forward from France would be a safer bet.