Nearly Home time - Happy Friday Everyone

• Well, what a week........

It started off in a failed attempt at a 110 mile race, Monday and Tuesday off work broken.

Flogged all my Rashford shares and jumped on and off and on and off the Messi train, and pilled into rock bottom Grealish, Pogba and other players up....and sold them on at 50p a share profit...meaning in 3 days I made just over ยฃ750....happy days.

On Tuesday it was a particularly bad day, my eldest was 20 - he's not spoken to me for 3 years after I left the family home due to being unhappy - he took it hard....its hard not seeing him, he's an adult now and I would love to be teaching him shit like this and how to make money :-) But I will never stop trying.

Last night was pretty tough too - if you have watched 'Stateless' then the final 15 minutes of the final episode will make sense - it broke me i'll not lie.....I don't think I have cried that much for a long time.

Today, well thats another day......in fact you know what gang - this week life has been really hard.....I never fail at anything and the weekend and failure has been tough to take....but you re-evaluate and plan...which is what I am going to do.

And if you have ever wondered why I do my Happy Friday's everyone, the reason is no-one in real life reads these - its a way for me to offload to people I doubt I will ever meet....and it helps me.

So for anyone wondering why I post Happy Friday's its because it helps, and it stops my world for a couple of minutes......

Have a cracking weekend, remember to ask everyone if they are ok, and enjoy this next week.

• @Millerman happy Friday mate, Iโ€™ve got nothing of any real interest to say other than itโ€™s been an up and down week. WFH can be mentally exhausting.
    Dipping in and out of FI in between has been great.
    Fudged up an early Messi exit thinking I was awesome and spunked double my profit on Luis fricking Suarez ๐Ÿ™ˆ what a plonker!
    I read your Friday check inโ€™s pal look forward to them they cheer me up ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• @Palmwa43 I dip in and out of work between football index at the moment...

• @Millerman sorry to hear about your struggles with your son, not all relationships are smooth. Hope you can sort it sooner or later.
    Shame about your race, 110 mile race is a great effort.

These last few days on FI must have cheered you up. Things are really looking positive for the next few months at least.

All the best.

• @Millerman
    Iโ€™m there for ya bruv anytime ๐Ÿ‘

• @Millerman

Off load away mate I read this whilst I was off loading...๐Ÿ’ฉ!!!

Running is harsh at times my mate did a centurion run and packed up after 80miles I was like fuck you've only got 20 to go but his knees were bad and when you know you know.
    Just always let your son know you are there and if he changes his mind he will know where you are.......
    ๐Ÿป๐Ÿป๐Ÿป๐Ÿ˜Žchin up

• @Millerman hope the weekend picks up for you buddy and it's good to share ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• @Millerman said in Nearly Home time - Happy Friday Everyone:

I never fail at anything and the weekend and failure has been tough to take....but you re-evaluate and plan...which is what I am going to do.

I think you are being harsh on yourself saying that you failed. You got injured, and you still raised money for charity (I donated my weekend IPDs to your charity yesterday, so I certainly don't see it as a failure as it is a very good cause that I would not have donated to otherwise!)

• Don't be too hard on yourself mate, we all go through less than ideal times - part and parcel of life.

Hope you have a great weekend too (& others on here)!

• @Baydog nice touch, would be nice one weekend when the season has got going to get a thread going where anyone who fancies it can donate their dividends to a chosen cause.

• Happy Friday Buddy and I totally understand were your coming from.

With regard to your son, hand on heart he will come around as age is timeless when it comes to the love of a son and father. Separation is hard on kids but trust me, it would have been far harder on him if you stayed. I know when I separated from my wife 11 years ago, the kids were the toughest decision to make, but Thankfully my wife is still one of my best friends and my relationship with my kids is a million times better than if we had stayed in an unhappy lonely relationship.

I promise life gets better as the years go by and I truly understand were you are in life.

If you ever need to chat, just shout out

• ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ What a refreshing community based post, best wishes chum!

• @Millerman I know how tough a broken home can be mate. My daughter has recently decided she doesn't want to stay with me as she 9 1/2 now and I only have a 1 bed flat. My son is 7 and still stay's but it's tough for a girl sleeping on the same room as me and her brother. Thankfully I still see her plenty as I coach her football team, got our first game for ages tomorrow. And she is so good at football!! She's gonna be a star I'm telling you. If female players were on the index i'd invest straight in!!

• @Millerman You say you post these for your own benefit, but your positivity has a great effect on many others too. Good on ya mate.

• Look forward to your take on the week every Friday.

Keep it up fella ๐Ÿ‘

• @Millerman fair play mate for opening up. As others have said we don't all actually know each other on here but most are happy and willing to listen and do any little we can to put a smile back on your face.

I have no doubt your son will see sense and welcome you back into his life in time. That's all it does take - time. The bond between Father and Son is too strong. I fell out big time with my Dad when my parents split up but he's now my best mate. Time heals.

You'll both be all good don't worry.

• Itโ€™s not Friday but Iโ€™ve only just sussed out how to log back in!

Not an especially active poster, but felt compelled to add a bit here Iโ€™d thatโ€™s ok?

This time last week we were walking the coast path from Scarborough to Robin Hoods Bay, being overtaken by loads of runners, I asked one what they were up to and they were doing the whole Cleveland Way, in one go, incredible! It put our โ€˜featโ€™ of doing the coast part (about 50miles) of it in 5 separate days over 2 summers in some perspective! So, Millerman, that was some task you took on and hope youโ€™re not too disheartened by not completing it?

I also enjoy your posts, positivity is in short supply these days so keep these posts going ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ