Spurs back line next season

• Mourinho doesn't play the most expansive of football but he does still get his team's organised & hard to beat.

Any Spurs fans out there @Hotspur?

What will be the first choice back line next season?

First choice

GK - Lloris
    LB - Davies
    RB - Doherty
    CD - Diet
    CD - Sanchez

Back up

GK - Hart
    LB - Rose
    RB - Aurier
    CD - Alderweirald
    CD - Foyth

Seems like Sessegnon & Tanganga are waaay down the pecking order nowadays are they?

One time they looked like real prospects on Football Index & at one point I actually held 2,000 Tanganga 😲

Glad I got out of that trade & never did pull the trigger on Sessegnon

• @Ericali said in Spurs back line next season:

CD - Diet

Is that spellcheck making a topical pun on Eric Dier?!

• Pretty much every player was shit at utd under jose for index reasons apart from zlatan.
    I’d like to buy sessegnon but jose just puts me off.

• @Ericali said in Spurs back line next season:

LB - Rose
    RB - Aurier
    CD - Alderweirald
    CD - Foyth

I suspect all except Alderweirald (who might be ahead of Davinson Sanchez atm) might be out the door, giving Tanganga a shot at the first team, big, strong & looks defensively sound, in the mould of a Mourinho type player, just needs to stay injury free.

Doherty was quite a surprise & might screw my FF team as I doubt he'll be as productive at Spurs but can afford to wait & see.

• GK - Lloris

RB - Doherty assuming he does sign
    LB - Probably Davies
    CB - Alderweireld
    CB - Dier/Sanchez depending on opposition

Sessegnon was played further forward against Ipswich and scored in Pre season and Gedson Fernandes has been played at RB.

Tanganga will hopefully kick on under Ledley King's tutelage and is potentially versatile and Juan Foyth will have a good future somewhere.

Spurs Member with a friend who works closely with the u23s and occasionally the 1st team so got to more games than I should and hear the odd bit of useful info for here, but not game changing to make me a mint here so don't ask 20 questions lol

• Rose could well be on his way out. Said that we will accept £5million for him, looking at another left back, although I can't recall who we were linked with. Foyth could be on his way out with Kim Min-Jae coming in

• @Leo-G Just give us your top tip 😉

• Lloris
    LWb Son,
    lb new signing,
    lcb alderwield
    Cb sanchez
    Rcb dier
    Rb aurier
    Rwb new signing
    Advanced cb winks
    Advanced cb ndombele
    Advanced advanced cb kane

Mids 0
    Fwds 0

• Lets revisit this in 10 months time.

I suspect Tanganga will start a surprising number of league matches.

• @ocs123 for Leyton Orient?

• Glad to see Alderweireld getting some love on here. First and only time since I bought him well over a year ago...

• Alderweireld should start after impressive end to season. Tanganga is so versatile and is bound to get plenty of gametime, particularly when our annual injury jinx kicks in (assuming he stays fit this time). I don't trust Dier but he seems to be Jose's golden boy 🤷‍♂️

• There defensive options look awful on paper

• I thought they were heavily linked to Castagne. ?

• @MickTurbo said in Spurs back line next season:

@ocs123 for Leyton Orient?

Foyth and Aurier have been transfer listed, so reasonable to assume that Tanganga (who signed a new 5 year contract in July) will be ahead of them in the pecking order this season.

• No one buying Tanganga though because everyone got stuck with thousands at 84p!

• Can't see Rose staying but the teams he could get a game for will probably be put off by his wages. He'll either have to lower his wage demands or make do with 6 months in limbo under Jose.

• Also, anyone watching All or Nothing?

Jose: Is it Walker or Peters?
    Walker-Peters: Walkers-Peter
    Jose: No! Not both

We all know why he was shipped to Southampton - Jose has no time for double barrel surnames.

• "Too long!"

The best insight from the three episodes so far is Dele's intense questioning of others about their toothbrush / toothpaste routine. Water, paste, brush.

• @Two-Sheds everyone knows it's paste, water, brush 😐