Messi

• How long do yas think he will win media for?

• Every day throughout this media madness promo, at least. There is no quick solution to this saga and it's a sports journalists dream to write about the next stage in the career of the greatest footballer that ever lived.

I imagine he will pick up 90% of media up until Barca kick off their first game (all eyes on if he is still there, if he plays, if he plays well etc) The man is getting regular media for WEEKS now mate.
    Rightly so too. He has only really been at Barcelona his entire career so this is a fascinating situation.

Yes I hold, and yes I am buzzing off it all haha!

• I would say at best he could place first for around the next fortnight. At worst I think he will still place in the top 5 for the next fortnight. I'd put his MB at least between 50p to 75p until the premier league returns.

If Messi is part of the premier league when it restarts tripple that estimate over the next few months.

• It’s going to keep going.
    Never thought i would buy messi but I’m on 100% for the ride.
    It all points to him leaving imo and not the standard power player bullshit.

• @Tom77 said in Messi:

It’s going to keep going.

I agree. He’s going to city and will move 2-3 years later to their sister team in the MLS. Enjoy the ride 👍🏼

• The only issue is will his price continue to drop at a faster rate than he can win media as people try to time their exit. He seems to have dropped 25p from his peak in the fast few days and that seems to outpace the 8p a day from Media dividends.

Am I misunderstanding anything here? Messi peaked a few days ago at £7.51 and is currently £7.21. That means there's a Market Sell queue 30p deep currently and it's caused his spread to widen, is that correct?

I don't really understand why people are still trying to market sell players when they could just get out at near market price with the Matching Engine while spreads are tight. Instead the greed of the mob causes the price to drop and they end up stuck in a queue eventually getting less money for their shares.

I know it will never happen because it's mob behaviour, but am I right in thinking that if they all cancelled their Market Sell shares the ME spread would tighten and they would be able to get out quicker at a higher price?

• @Sol said in Messi:

@Tom77 said in Messi:

It’s going to keep going.

I agree. He’s going to city and will move 2-3 years later to their sister team in the MLS. Enjoy the ride 👍🏼

His MB is going to be ridiculous, when others get a bit more confident he is moving he’s 10 quid soon.
    I’ve convinced myself anyway!

• @DillyDong said in Messi:

The only issue is will his price continue to drop at a faster rate than he can win media as people try to time their exit. He seems to have dropped 25p from his peak in the fast few days and that seems to outpace the 8p a day from Media dividends.

Am I misunderstanding anything here? Messi peaked a few days ago at £7.51 and is currently £7.21. That means there's a Market Sell queue 30p deep currently and it's caused his spread to widen, is that correct?

I don't really understand why people are still trying to market sell players when they could just get out at near market price with the Matching Engine while spreads are tight. Instead the greed of the mob causes the price to drop and they end up stuck in a queue eventually getting less money for their shares.

I know it will never happen because it's mob behaviour, but am I right in thinking that if they all cancelled their Market Sell shares the ME spread would tighten and they would be able to get out quicker at a higher price?

Zlatan was going for 6 quid at the age of 34/35 at utd for 5p in media no pb.

• He is great value now I’ll be looking to top up

The only issue is will his price continue to drop at a faster rate than he can win media as people try to time their exit. He seems to have dropped 25p from his peak in the fast few days and that seems to outpace the 8p a day from Media dividends.

You are correct on all points mate. It's a bit futile listing to market now as the FOMO has passed, but unfortunately you can't control the actions of hundreds of traders so it will happen.

As for his price dropping faster than the 8p a day in divs he's earning, it's not a concern.
    If he ends up staying at Barca, his media profile will be raised significantly now so I'd suspect much more media earnings this season coming than last season. How his PB compares is another matter (if he's unhappy then it might take a small hit).
    Either way, Messi = money for the next 2 seasons at the very least.

If you don't own him, the ME is the way to go now. Nobody should be market buying him now whilst there is no demand. Grab a bargain!
    However, one positive report/update from Man City and he'll start flying through the ticker again and traders will scramble to unlist!

For an MB saga, this is one of the more exciting/risky ones I remember. Still not a patch on where Odion Ohhalo might end up though 😜😂😂

• @ScouseSte said in Messi:

Every day throughout this media madness promo, at least. There is no quick solution to this saga and it's a sports journalists dream to write about the next stage in the career of the greatest footballer that ever lived.

I imagine he will pick up 90% of media up until Barca kick off their first game (all eyes on if he is still there, if he plays, if he plays well etc) The man is getting regular media for WEEKS now mate.
    Rightly so too. He has only really been at Barcelona his entire career so this is a fascinating situation.

Hello scouse.
    Glad to have another Messi holder till I die back in the hood.
    You Must be buzzing at what messi has done last 5 days.
    I’m over the moon !!! Always knew I’ll get my money back in divs but this price rise.....😎

• @ScouseSte That's where my head is at too. He was ~£5 before all of this started and you could argue most of this current MB is additional. We're looking at £0.80-1 just during media madness and then you have additional media beyond that to factor in, which I am not going to attempt. So feels like MB saga money is £1-2, over and above the £5 start price (whether £5 is value is another question), which gets you close to current price.

But the upside is massive. Bookies seem to be 50/50 on staying/City....if he stays then £6-7 seems returnable during 2-3 seasons back at Nou Camp. At City his price will be much higher, closer to £10.

I still think he is value now, especially picking up on ME below £7...but I am not going to throw anymore into this position personally!!

• For the record, I don't actually think his value will continue to drop at more than 8p a day, I'm just drawing attention to it as the behaviour in the last 2 days tells me that there's quite a few people still looking to try and get out of Messi for a quick flip and have missed the peak. I will continue to hold for these great daily dividends and enjoy the ride with the rest of you!

• @King-Fergus said in Messi:

@ScouseSte said in Messi:

Every day throughout this media madness promo, at least. There is no quick solution to this saga and it's a sports journalists dream to write about the next stage in the career of the greatest footballer that ever lived.

Hello scouse.
    Glad to have another Messi holder till I die back in the hood.
    You Must be buzzing at what messi has done last 5 days.
    I’m over the moon !!! Always knew I’ll get my money back in divs but this price rise.....😎

Greetings Ferg

Yea it's the perfect storm isn't it? Even without all this, Messi would have risen to at least £5.50 with the dividend increase. But this is just beautiful mate!
    One of the most predictable PB winners is now becoming one of the most predictable MB holds.
    From the 12th it's 5p media every day, except on treble days when it's 6p,4p,2p? CH-CHING!

Even as a Liverpool fan, I hope he moves to Man City. It would be unbelievable to have Messi in the premier league wouldn't it?

• @TotalPunt said in Messi:

@ScouseSte That's where my head is at too. He was ~£5 before all of this started and you could argue most of this current MB is additional. We're looking at £0.80-1 just during media madness and then you have additional media beyond that to factor in, which I am not going to attempt. So feels like MB saga money is £1-2, over and above the £5 start price (whether £5 is value is another question), which gets you close to current price.

But the upside is massive. Bookies seem to be 50/50 on staying/City....if he stays then £6-7 seems returnable during 2-3 seasons back at Nou Camp. At City his price will be much higher, closer to £10.

I still think he is value now, especially picking up on ME below £7...but I am not going to throw anymore into this position personally!!

Yea I'd say your valuations are in line with what I'm thinking.
    Either way, I'm holding until he retires/my bet is due to expire (whichever comes first). I know I'll make back my investment and have a lot of fun doing so. Messi is my second favourite hold and couldn't not have him in my portfolio now

For the record, I don't actually think his value will continue to drop at more than 8p a day, I'm just drawing attention to it as the behaviour in the last 2 days tells me that there's quite a few people still looking to try and get out of Messi for a quick flip and have missed the peak. I will continue to hold for these great daily dividends and enjoy the ride with the rest of you!

I think it's people panicking, thinking he will stay and his price will drop loads. So, their irrational move is to list to market, (seeing as the IS is not a feesible option now if you bought above £7.15+) which is pointless. It just drives the price down, allowing bids to come in at lower levels, causing the IS price to be very unattractive.

Probably a lot of new traders have been caught up in the FOMO and now listed, unaware of how futile it is at the moment

No worries from my end, Messi is Messi. This will run and run and he will always be linked back to city now if he stays at Barca.

• Won me 32p in the past week since I bought. Hoping he’ll win another £1 at least before media madness ends and fully expect it whether a deal or not is done in that time. Not concerned at all his price is pretty stagnant as the 8p per day is earning me a decent amount of dividends.

• Plus even once the media hype is over and he moves or stays put, FI’s increase in PB is massive and he’ll continue to win PB and TotM regularly whether he’s at Barca, Man City, PSG or Inter.

• Imagine he stays this year and then goes for free next season, either way messi just elevated himself for constant news updates for the next 12 months then enter global media a year before his last World Cup.

• Just picked up another few for £6.61...great price