Messi, FOMO, bad debt and buying a house.

• Tell ya what gang Mr Messi is going to make or break a lot of us.

I have been looking through my port, thinking about selling this bad debt player, that bad debt player....Grealish has £300 profit across him and that would be £1.5k to pump into Messi.

I think I have sliced my port up a thousand times.

FOMO is kicking in, but I am staying strong brothers and sisters....I have instead gone FOMO fishing, and hope to gather up some tasty players others decide to cast away to get on the Messi rocket.

I have missed many a 'train' and will continue to do so, I shall stay strong.

That said, If I wasn't buying a house and if now was last night my port would only have 1 player in it and I would be hanging on for dear life!!!!!

How's Messi affecting your thought processes?

I'm now gonna take the pooch out for a walk and not look for a while as I think this next 3 hour period is going to be nuts!

• I think the Messi hype and September IPDs has caused the masses to completely overlook some PB holds for next season.

Lewandowski's price has not moved at all. The man is an absolute PB monster, think of the returns hes going to be getting on Gold days under the new dividend structure.

I think if people feel like they have FOMO with Messi, they should pile into some of the Bundesliga players that have been left behind in the current market trends. They are going to explode come October. First Gold Day win for Lewa and he is going to rocket. And you can buy 3 for the price of 1 Messi!

So much value out there to be found.

• @DillyDong said in Messi, FOMO, bad debt and buying a house.:

I think the Messi hype and September IPDs has caused the masses to completely overlook some PB holds for next season.

Lewandowski's price has not moved at all. The man is an absolute PB monster, think of the returns hes going to be getting on Gold days under the new dividend structure.

I think if people feel like they have FOMO with Messi, they should pile into some of the Bundesliga players that have been left behind in the current market trends. They are going to explode come October. First Gold Day win for Lewa and he is going to rocket. And you can buy 3 for the price of 1 Messi!

So much value out there to be found.

Totally agree, however I think ZE GERMAN league may be overshadowed slightly by the start of the Prem and people will be smashing their coin in there.

Either way - loads on offer if you look past Messi. I am comfortable with the number I bought last week and am going to stay strong - it is however hard to keep strong.....:-)

• I'd also suggest looking at putting bids in low on goalkeepers.

I have already had very low offers matched as people will be sat on a lot of keeper profit and thats the first place I would be selling from, had bought keepers at the time.

• It's win-win either way.

You hold Messi and enjoy the ride and the dividends.

You don't hold Messi and enjoy the bargain hunt on ME of the solid PB players that are being ignored or offloaded. Also good for the market in general and older players in particular.

Personally I held 500 Messi for over a year. Bought £4.50 to £5. I was willing and expecting to write this off in return for dividends yield. Last week I was on 49% dividends return, story broke and I MS 200 at £6.85 and kept 300. That money went into solid PB players like Demirbay, Sabitzer and others. Possibly sold too early but I am happy with my purchases and the portfolio spring-clean that followed.

• @Millerman All my Messi divs are going on keepers at the moment! Currently stocking up on Lloris, Donnaruma and Maignan.

• Don't hold Messi either, each time I log in I feel like I should and then I come on the forum and feel like I should too.

I'm not going to hold, despite how tempting it is, just enjoying this story twisting and turning.

Similarly, I'm looking in the German league for a few cheaper punts; the more people want Messi the easier dirt cheap bids will get accepted. I thought this boat had sailed post div review but using the next few weeks to pick up those buys I should have 2-3 weeks ago.

• @Martyn-B we never get everything quite right, but that is a more than decent outcome. I'm thinking of ISing a lot of underperforming holds and topping up

• @Leo-G I am happy with my decision. Some profit banked and spent elsewhere, derisked, still got 300 to return dividends and enjoy the ride. Good luck with whatever you decide, everyone's buy and sell point and Messi history will be different, just do what you believe works best for you.

• I think people are getting rid of Pogba to buy Messi. You can pick him up at about £5.25 - £5.35, about £1.40 below his market price.

• @Leo-G That’s what I did. Sold out a lot of trash that had no hope of making any money with the current market and made up the grand I’ve lost on Messi.

• I bought 100 Messi last year at £6.72 and unfortunately sold up just before the 2nd div review. Had my shares in the queue which sold at around £5. Collected about £250 in divs from him last year so figured might as well sell.

Then the story broke and I had to buy back in. Got 300 at 7.38 2 days ago. I sold a couple of holds who have gone up since then - Auochiche for profit, Fred at a loss, Ceballos at a loss, Ricardo Rodriguez at a loss, Tanganaga at a loss.

I’ve cut down from 12 players to 7. Around 80% of my port is now in Messi, very risky and I wouldn’t advise anyone to gamble like this. I decided to bite the bullet and hoping it pays off in the end.

It’s money I can afford to lose although I’m confident that the move will happen. I’m already starting to recover the circa £500 I’ve lost from instant selling my previous holds as Messi is cleaning up MB atm. I plan to reinvest the divs into the other 6 holds - Rodrigo de Paul, Kroos, Ter Stegen, Juve GK, Lewandowski and maybe Philip Max if he stays.

So ultimately I’m calm for now as the signs are positive 😂

• @Kipper72 I got rid of all of mine (4) and couldn't IS them all in 1 go, couldn't believe Pogba had no IS price breifly

• I think I'm the only person to sell too early on Messi twice! But both times made some profit so can't complaint. After buying at 4.49 and selling just as the Messi train was taking off at around 6.55, I then got sucked back in a couple of days ago at 6.61. Sold up at around 6.90 but as we all know he shot back up into the 7s again.

I've catered to my FOMO by buying back in and getting out without any burns so maybe I should just let it rest and like Millerman, start looking at others who are perhaps going cheap due to Messi dominating the FI. Dybala, Kane, Salah can all be picked up at reasonable prices and if you catch it at the right time Kimmich can be bought at a decent price.

• @TeamGB said in Messi, FOMO, bad debt and buying a house.:

@Leo-G That’s what I did. Sold out a lot of trash that had no hope of making any money with the current market and made up the grand I’ve lost on Messi.

Nice work. 👍

Selling the trash like Pogba (lessening media, no pens, played deeper) is worthwhile if you can get on a moving to make up the losses & more quickly.

It's all about adapting.

• @Ericali I had some very bad holds from ‘the squad’ which used to be decent when you could get cap app basically on any old trash as you know. Realised now is the time to focus solely on players that actually have a reasonable shot at PB wins and I’m now much happier and confident of making more money with how the port is setup for the current market.

• Like i said in the other thread - if you have purchased messi now ignore the price and focus on the amount of divs he is likely to win in the next 3 years in % terms he is probably the most likely player outside of GKs on here to rake back 100% even based on his current price during this period

• @Millerman I've missed the Messi train as far as I see it.

However I do look at alot of holds I have and think about selling, lack of decent bids stops me tho. However Ive learned time and time again to never sell my holds untill the time is right, as once I sell them they sky rocket, everyone without fail has done this.

Now I hold and only sell once its the right time, or he goes to china or double leg break.

• @Kanzz well tell me who you hold and are about to sell so I know who's going to be rocketing next ;)

• @howsthebacon Cut me in and we can work somthing out lol

My whole ports in my sig, tho some I would like to sell right now in a perfect world would be, Matondo, Nubel and Leao.

I still have faith in them, just they havent rocketed like everyone else, I think they will need atleast another season to shine, unlike the rest of my port thats going place right now.