Advice

• Hi guys - haven’t posted for a while as FI been on the back burner for the short term.
    However I logged back in this morning to find I’d sold Mbappe and Van de Beek - all for great profit but possibly an oversight on my part and I kind of regret it.
    Anyway I now have £1500 to spend - where best to spend it to soften then blow of those 2 sales? Would appreciate your views 👍

• @G27 keepers all keepers

• @Sav2000

Really? I keep hearing this and I have dabbled in them but nothing major

• Read the GL conundrum thread mate really useful

• @G27 yeah i now have a portfolio consisting of 55 keepers and 2 outfield players. For me its about the safety of the bet and the higher probability of returns. Im not to bothered about higher dividends that are harder to win everywhere else. Im going for the lesser more predictable wins

• Yep, gotta be the keepers. I'm 65% keepers now.

• Like I say I read this a lot and i bout a few hundred in a handful of keepers.
    Obviously I want to make money, that’s the main goal - but it will defo take some of the enjoyment out following FI players in my portfolio each week.

In a nutshell what is the forecast for keepers? That they will triple in value over next year or 2??

• @G27 said in Advice:

where best to spend it to soften then blow of those 2 sales?

Keepers are indeed still undervalued but I would be tempted to play the IPD game for the next month, why? IPD's are due to double on 12th Sept but for the entire duration of Sept the 5x promotion runs. So from now to 12th 5/10p wins but then 10/20p kicks in (as does most football). So defenders will earn 20p for every goal & mid/for 10p & whilst GK's will get 10p for a CS it's highly likely that there will be more G/A's than CS's (only 1/GK/game available obviously!).

Buying GK's from October will also allow you to judge their early performances & improve your choices whilst also having earned more IPD's than just holding them for a month.

• Wait for messi to sign for city and pile in

• If you are going for Keepers - one strategy worth considering is trying to to get them at a discount on the ME.

Perhaps look at the fixtures coming up and the Keepers playing in them and putting in low ball bids on them, as soon as they concede a goal some will IS and your bids will get matched.

Another tactic worth considering is on a match day currently, when a player scores his price will rocket as traders try to get on for the IPD's however on the stroke of midnight there is a mass sell off and the spreads widen dramatically on saif player.

Eg - Last night Duje Caleta-Car Defender for Marsielle after scoring 2 goals, his price shot up by 55% to 88p - on the stroke of midnight he had no bids - if you had put in minimum order on him after the game you would now own a goal scoring defender who's will doubtlessly rise prior to the next game (his spread will narrow anyway. - His IS price is already 52p and at some point today was 60p........

Bamba is another one - His IS price dropped to £1.09 at some point after midnight after a few ISs went through....

• left and right backs dividend galore

• @Advinculas-Index Cooper is full of good advice this morning!!

• @G27

I would agree with others that have recommended goalkeepers.

They are a recently established, relatively untouched and growing area of the market.

Use that money to get yourself a significant position in several top keepers and I am confident that you will reap the rewards over the next 3 years.

If you would rather try to make money in the short term, then the September double IPDs from 12/09/2020 to 30/09/2020, coupled with the new dividend chart, offers up significant opportunities.

The improved dividends table has created value all over the market again.

I've been here almost 3 years now and I genuinely feel like I'm back at day 1 ... but now armed with 3 years worth of knowledge, experience and a truer understanding of how the platform works.

• Anyone have analysis for how many fixtures teams have from sept12 to end of double div period at end of sept.
    Was looking into German league players I want but seen as they restart a week later then other leagues I presume they will have less fixtures for the bonus period.
    Any teams in leagues with extra fixtures in this period?

• @BMCG said in Advice:

Anyone have analysis for how many fixtures teams have from sept12 to end of double div period at end of sept.
    Was looking into German league players I want but seen as they restart a week later then other leagues I presume they will have less fixtures for the bonus period.

Fixtures for la Liga are out today i think 12/13 sept.

• @Geronimo159387 true but if you are buying in advance theres only one player in each team that can earn the clean sheet IPD and 10 others, if you dont include subs, that can get the goals and assists so where as there will always be more goals and assists its also harder to pick out cheap players that will get them unless you do it in play

• @Black-Wolf

No right or wrong answer but given you can still buy IPD's after the G/A has happened during the game it becomes a certainty, at least in the first game. CS are not always easy to come by & always at risk. Even the best defence/GK only average approx 1 in 3 CS's so if a GK gets 2/3 during the IPD period, max 4/5 games iirc, that's great but 1 or zero is more likely for most GK's.

GK's are clearly still great value so can't be wrong buying them I just think better returns during Sept (Doubled IPD's + 5x promotion) can be earned from G/A's.

• @BMCG said in Advice:

Anyone have analysis for how many fixtures teams have from sept12 to end of double div period at end of sept.

At the minute, Lyon and PSG look to be in an excellent position to exploit the double div period/new dividend structure.

On 10/09/20, (2 days before new table and double divs), Lens vrs PSG is the only game on.

On 11/09/20 (day before New table and double divs), Bordeaux v Lyon is the only game on.

On 13/09/20 (silver match day) PSG are at home to Marseille.

On 15/09/20, Montpellier vrs Lyon is the only game on.

On 16/09/20, PSG vrs Metz is the only game on.

On 18/09/20, Lyon vrs Nimes and Bayern vrs Schalke are the only games on.

On 20/09/20 (silver match day) Nice vrs PSG is the first game to kick off at 1200 hours.

On 27/09/20 (gold match day) Lorient vrs Lyon and Reims vrs PSG.

Hopefully that covers it mate! 😉👍🤑

• @Geronimo159387 i know for me its because goal keepers are such good value that im happy to refresh them for a chance at IPDs. The IPD for me is a very generous bonus to my longterm holds. I dont risk being stuck with a player no one wants after the promotion ends. It will be interesting to see if IPDs are still popular after the promo or will it be all about the gold days.

Personally i think they should be popular but you never know what the masses will do. We will find out in October but with demand based spreads i think its better to buy longterm and keep refreshing for IPDs than to buy purely for IPDs.

• @Black-Wolf said in Advice:

i think its better to buy longterm and keep refreshing for IPDs than to buy purely for IPDs.

That tends to be my strategy but often wait until the player you want has an IPD to claim if market buying whilst always bidding via ME whilst waiting. IPD's are just an added bonus for me but given that Sept is VERY GENEROUS it makes sense to play for them whilst building long term holds.