Best players to buy currently

• Which league and what types of players is it best to buy at the moment?

• IPD players that have 3 matches in september if you want short term results

• @NewUser332703 The obvious shout is French league as there are teams with 4 games between 12th Sept and the end. I've bought Mandanda and Thauvin and the latter has already had some great returns. I don't know enough outside of the top four or five in Ligue 1 though. PSG players should represent good value for the bonus IPD as well as good holds with plenty of exit points throughout the season.

If Di Maria has indeed got Covid then Sarabia might be a good shout, I hold him and didn't think he'd get a look in but could start now.

I still think goalkeepers represent good value, they're moving up albeit a bit slower since the new dividends were announced. A lot of experienced FI traders have invested a lot in keepers so make of that what you will. My keeper tips would be Oblak, Lopes, Handanovic (even though he's old) and a left field one I've picked up is Darlow as he will be starting while Dubravka is injured and he's dirt cheap.

• Messi even now...........................

• @howsthebacon is Darlow confirmed?

• I think David Silva is a great hold as bound to get more mins, more games and a bigger share of PB at Sociedad than at City. Also very cheap!!!

Might miss the first game due to Covid.

edit: and they are in Europe.

• @trig I'm fairly sure Gillhespie was brought in as a third choice keeper. I doubt they'll play him ahead of someone with Prem experience (albeit limited) like Darlow. I think we were open to selling Darlow but now Dubravka is injured he'll be there and likely to start the first couple of months worth of games I'd say.

Low risk at 22p or whatever he is.

• I think there's a lot of people who have been forgotten about outside of Ligue 1 recently.

Dani Olmo is down the last 3 months and probably going to be a handy player. If his sell price is anywhere near what you can pick him up for it's a decent price.

With the Div increases, Filip Kostic should be absolutely flying - 5th highest big chances created,4th highest successful dribbles, joint for top key passes per game with Thomas Muller,and top for crosses last season. Andre Silva seemed to find his feet towards end of the season and so will hopefully get on the end of some of them!

Milot Rashica down across the 3 months. Again another decent player at a cheaper price.

These are just Bundesliga as I follow it more, but could say the same about Under, Boga, Pellegrini or loads of others in Spain. In essence, fill your boots!

There are loads of quality players, at lower than pre covid prices, with higher dividend payouts

• @Moukoko yeah outside the french league I was looking I should have said, forgot about kostic actually great buy

• @Moukoko I only have one grand to spend, wish u could fill my boots haha, tempted to sell my 200 Messi to find more

• @NewUser332703 said in Best players to buy currently:

Which league and what types of players is it best to buy at the moment?

Everyone is looking at IPD players.... might be time to buy the cheapies who have been abandoned for months....

The new dividends means someone like Fabinho, who wins PB a few times per season will return a significantly higher yield than many of the obvious PB hitters.

I would say Cuadrado... but we're still waiting to see where he's playing next season.

• @Dan-The-Man said in Best players to buy currently:

@NewUser332703 said in Best players to buy currently:

Everyone is looking at IPD players.... might be time to buy the cheapies who have been abandoned for months....

The new dividends means someone like Fabinho, who wins PB a few times per season will return a significantly higher yield than many of the obvious PB hitters.

I would say Cuadrado... but we're still waiting to see where he's playing next season.

I worry that Cuadrado could end up on the scrap heap now that Pirlo is in charge at Juve ...

Fabinho is an interesting one. I understand he had a ridiculously good penalty record from his days at Monaco (15 from 15). If he ended up taking them at Liverpool, he would double in price. 🤔

• @NewUser332703 if I was in your position, I'd be selling Messi. I think after all this he'll stay at Barca. A bird in the hand and all that... but depends if you are the gambling type.

• @johnboywalker said in Best players to buy currently:

@Dan-The-Man said in Best players to buy currently:

@NewUser332703 said in Best players to buy currently:

I worry that Cuadrado could end up on the scrap heap now that Pirlo is in charge at Juve ...

Fabinho is an interesting one. I understand he had a ridiculously good penalty record from his days at Monaco (15 from 15). If he ended up taking them at Liverpool, he would double in price. 🤔

Yeah, I think Fabinho has a few major upsides. He recently spoke of how Klopp is constantly at him to shoot more... and that he's actively working on that aspect of his game, which to me suggests an uptick in his PB game, which already saw him win PB a couple of times last season even though he missed a large portion of games through injury. We know that Liverpool are seeded in the Champions League too, so they will have an easier run in the Group Stages in theory...

Fabinho's injury, coupled with him being Brazilian, have kept his price tag super low at the minute. I think, we've basically got a guy who can win a pretty impressive amount of dividends this season, who's underpriced and will be red hot going in to the World Cup 2 years from now, as he enters the prime of his career. Also... He's "Fabinho" which never hurts an MB score.

I can understand your thinking on Cuadrado like... I'm hoping it's not the case. I watched lots of Juve last year and he was one of Juve's best players throughout the season. I think if Pirlo doesn't want him, there'll be a fair few clubs looking for a good Right Back who can play RW if needed.

• All that I hold... by/buy the bucketful

• @NewUser332703 said in Best players to buy currently:

If I had the chance, I think I'd be sitting tight and trying to get on defenders that score in play on 12 September. Things will fly that day! As it so happens I will most likely be out so I'm just picking up players via ME at the moment. My latest are:

Gosens, Caci, Pulgar, Gomis, Savanier and Lopes. All have got either great PB track records, or are goalkeepers. I'm buying with a view of having them for the whole season or longer, and hoping to get some nice IPDs as a bonus.

• @Yellow still plenty of time to go, but heard that Pulgar has tested positive for a second time for COVID

• @Yellow concern for me is that Gosens is reclassified as part of the circus inconsistency that is positional changes atm. He does play wing back after all, same as Hakimi, Meunier and Guerreiro.

• @Moukoko said in Best players to buy currently:

@Yellow still plenty of time to go, but heard that Pulgar has tested positive for a second time for COVID

I believe the new season is starting on 19th September so should be all clear by then, unless he fancies getting it a third time to really fuck old Yellow over.

• @chaps1988 said in Best players to buy currently:

@Yellow concern for me is that Gosens is reclassified as part of the circus inconsistency that is positional changes atm. He does play wing back after all, same as Hakimi, Meunier and Guerreiro.

Yes you're right, always a risk with a wing back and whatever mood Opta wake up in. That said he did score 9 goals and get 8 assists last season so all is not lost if the worst happens. He's being linked with Leicester at the moment but I'd rather he stayed at Atalanta who are free scoring.