5 Subs

• Anyone know which leagues will/won’t be continuing with this? May help me choose between players.

• @chaps1988

Not the Premier League.

• @chaps1988 how random, literally just came onto the forum to create this exact thread! Ligue 1 appears to have implemented it, not much info about La Liga, Serie A and Bundesliga that I can see (just a quick Google!). As already mentioned the Premier League isn't 👍 Could definitely effect certain leagues PB players if they are getting hauled off after 60/70 mins each week. Look at Calhanoglu, he got into TOTM for July, 3rd I think, but would have been higher and maybe won more PB if he didnt keep getting subbed!

• PL are having another vote last I heard about re-introducing. The current vote meant only 3 subs but don't be surprised to see that change this week.

• They voted against it in the EPL but the the top 4 are trying to get it overturned apparently

• FIFA should step in and not give any leagues a vote. It was fine for the situation it was used for with a large number of games in a short spell to complete seasons. Now that new and normal seasons are starting the usual processes and rules should be in place (3 subs, no drinks breaks, etc).

• @Erased-Citizen said in 5 Subs:

FIFA should step in and not give any leagues a vote. It was fine for the situation it was used for with a large number of games in a short spell to complete seasons. Now that new and normal seasons are starting the usual processes and rules should be in place (3 subs, no drinks breaks, etc).

It suits the big clubs though and money talks - it will also affect the Rossco Rage league ;)

• @Erased-Citizen said in 5 Subs:

FIFA should step in and not give any leagues a vote. It was fine for the situation it was used for with a large number of games in a short spell to complete seasons. Now that new and normal seasons are starting the usual processes and rules should be in place (3 subs, no drinks breaks, etc).

Drinks breaks might well stay as that's a good advertising spot for foreign broadcasters, and I bet ours will jump in on that at some point.

But I really hope this 5 sub thing stays out of the EPL.

• @kristiang85
    The drinks break is a nonesense as well
    can you imagine in the depths of winter when its minus 2 and 30 mph winds that the players are going to want to stop for 5 mins and get drinks - that in itself i likely to cause injuries as player cool down and then have to go right at it again.

It also kills a teams momentum as well when they are pressing for a goal.

one of a shit trio of introductions ruining the game alongside the 5 subs and VAR

• If the 5 subs rule is implemented across one or more of the leagues, it just makes GKs even more appealing than they already are. GKs don't get subbed unless injured.

Less relevant now they have their own PB category but in terms of overall PB scores on a match day, they'll be getting clean sheet bonuses, whereas some of their fellow defenders will be getting hooked before full time. Unlikely to affect the overall rankings on silver and gold days but on bronze days where there are only 1 or 2 games, this gives GKs a better chance at Star Man surely if each team is making 5 subs?

• @kristiang85 drinks breaks will be gone, infact think uefa already binned them for the el/cl tournaments last month.

• Bundesliga voting on it on Thursday.

• @trig said in 5 Subs:

@kristiang85 drinks breaks will be gone, infact think uefa already binned them for the el/cl tournaments last month.

Oh good. I wasn't saying I support them, the cynic in me just thought they would be "useful" to make more money...