New article: Fti look at the new divs and strategise

• https://www.footballtradinginsights.com/post/our-verdicts

Bit longer than usual as all 3 of us give our verdicts. I include a few trade examples but sorry @howsthebacon I haven't finished buying yet to reveal that list- but I do give the clues in my criteria for those buys. Hoping to finish my shopping soon!

• @Westy very good read

One strategy I've been using recently is looking for players with no is and buying small amounts 10-25 at the lowest bid point and flipping them within a week, maybe not receiving huge profits but still, building up all the time.

Using this strategy I've even managed to flip some players who youd never thought of being able to, cazorla for 3pps profit, loiodice for 9p profit, oxlade for 15p, gaetano for 5p alcacer for 38p

• @Westy

I had to stop reading after the bit where you attempt to justify the behaviour of those that tried to sink the FI ship just a few months ago.

They did nothing but harm my investment, your investment and more than likely their own investment, for selfish, childish reasons.

Allowing them to claim credit for FI's recent (re)action is nonsense mate.

There were many disgruntled users who chose to voice their concern in a mature, constructive and appropriate manner, whilst also continuing to provide support and advice to others, especially the newer users who were clearly panicking.

It really grits my shit to see those forum terrorists now trying to claim responsibility for any positive change.

• Really enjoyed it. I have completely changed strategies, sold all my keepers as they were devalued with the new div increase and now just going to be in play trading this month.

• @johnboywalker said in New article: Fti look at the new divs and strategise:

@Westy

I had to stop reading after the bit where you attempt to justify the behaviour of those that tried to sink the FI ship just a few months ago.

They did nothing but harm my investment, your investment and more than likely their own investment, for selfish, childish reasons.

There were many disgruntled users who chose to voice their concern in a mature, constructive and appropriate manner, whilst also continuing to provide support and advice to others, especially the newer users who were clearly panicking.

It really grits my shit to see those forum terrorists now trying to claim responsibility for any positive change.

Well said mate. Couldn’t agree more with what you’ve said.
    It’s was always the same 2-3 idiots who were planning and forecasting the end of FI. All very quiet or gone a little mad since the dividend increase.
    They genuinely don’t like good news for FI customers.

• @Westy I'm just reeling at the fact you got Bruno for that price!

Great post, cheers for that.

• @johnboywalker I agree. You've got ppl like black wolf who has tried and tried and tried with certain people to help and to advise.

It just so happens that hes also one of the most clued up on OBs and had probably more insight than anyone on here as to how the ME would function.

But he was fucking raging after what we can now call the 'interim div review announcement', and whilst he was one of the biggest voices for calm throughout much of the recent panic, he made absolutely no secret that he thought the review was absolutely shite. That's somebody who just calls it as he sees it.

Myself, and I can probably speak for you in this sense, counselled that people refrain from any knee jerk reactions because we had faith in FI to get it right in the end. My view on it all was that pre-COVID, my port was flying therefore, after significant dips, the old div structure still had significant legs in it, therefore, whilst I wasnt shouting from the roof tops that the interim structure was spectacular, I did have faith that if people could just be more level headed about things, then that moderate increase could have at least kept things ticking over whilst FI navigated some extremely choppy waters, which is essentially what has happened.

The supposed revolutionaries who would have people believe they have been the drivers of this change, are anything but. They havent been objective and they havent been selfless. They have tried their damndest to tug at peoples insecurities.

I'm deliberately not tagging anybody here because I dont want to drag ppl into an argument. I have absolutely no appetite for one myself, but I could name somebody like Geronimo. That's a man who has voiced concerns in a fair, honest, insightful and selfless way in recent times, and that's a man who could perhaps claim some credit, if indeed the forum has been a driver for change.

There are those who have seen it all before and had faith, there are those of us who have felt the need to point out the cock ups of FI in a fair way, there are those of us who have had a very clear agenda to cause panic and migration, and there are a much bigger pool of people who have probably in many cases been very confused or very panicked or both.

I know what my motivations have been throughout all of the turmoil, and I know which camps everybody else has fallen into, and that's all that needs to be said. Hopefully people will think for themselves rather than being told what to think

• @Ddr all my current bids are of only 10 shares per player, like you say its easy to just grab some profit and move on with no loyalty to possible divs entering the mind.

If you do enough you can overtime build a nice sum, plus 10 shares being sucked away by a non pb move is easy to dismiss and move on.

But I still want some good sized div wins as well. I will have a mixture of strategies this year.

@Westy

I did say constructive criticism, not the OTT ones.

• @johnboywalker I think people who tried to silence criticism were more damaging. sycophants and bullies just made it far more partisan. i.e. the 'bad bet' brigade pretending IS removal was traders fault. just heightened the frustration of many.

I don't think licking FIs arse and bullying mr white was very good for FI. likes of mick, black wolf and advinc who have big voices should have been more responsible.

all said and done I don't think FI really care about opinions tho or forum threads... money talks. when guys like me and @BringBackTrueIS take out 6 figure sums that's worth more than 6000 posts on a forum.

@Westy

Glad you said it JBW, my thoughts exactly. Unfortunately it was guaranteed to happen though, those egos still need feeding!

I don't think many people were saying the last few months were perfect, but many of us were able to be objective about it. It's easy to look an expert when everything is flying, but much harder when the chips are down. I'm not wasting my time reading an article contributed to by selfish, greedy, fear mongers. They've shown their inability to be impartial, so there is no reason for me to trust their opinion now.

Anyway, enough from me, I best go back and see if anymore of my bids have been matched on 'mugdex'.

• @Westy on the subject of Bruno, I picked him up at 9.28 - looking at his price during the restart he was hitting £11+. Do we expect that again or was that mainly due to him being new and probably dominating the media buzz too?

Whilst he may struggle to keep up his productivity in the new season, I have no doubt he'll still be a strong PB hold but just wondering what price people think he can jump up to?

• I couldn't agree more with @johnboywalker I stopped reading at this paragraph:

"But really we should be thanking those that aired concerns, questioned moves made by FI and pointed out flaws. Those that constantly wear the rose tinted glasses about all things FI do very little to help us all long term in my opinion. They could blindly lead traders to big pitfalls through their ignorance/selfishness."

It is the last sentence in that paragraph that I found particularly irritating. One of your site contributors is openly campaigning against FI by trying to create inaccurate fear about the product on social media. This has been a pattern of behaviour on the forum, often inaccurate fear mongering. And are we now supposed to be thanking those people for the help?

I hate to shatter the delusion, but I am quite sure that FI has followed a very well considered plan over the last 6 months. I do not believe that this latest dividend increase was down to FI listening to traders concerns and acting accordingly, I believe it was their strategy.

It was vital that we go into the OB transition with a buoyant market, and this is the obvious reason why they have done the dividend increases and promotions in the way that they have. The first dividend increase was to appease the stagnant market (which failed and created more disillusion) and the second one (the real one) was to take us into order books on a busy market.

I can see why they have done it in two parts. Had they gone all out on the first one then we'd have had 3 months between then and now with little football going on, and the buzz would have largely passed by now and we'd be going into OB's on a way more flat market. Personally I'd have not done the first review, but the market did need something. Maybe they should have just released keepers and said there will be a generous full div review before the start of the season.

Whilst AC has come out and said they had got it wrong, all I see that as is the most convenient way to explain why they have done it the way they have. They have not mentioned that they want the market flying going into order books - but look at the promotions they have running concurrently - it is clear for all to see. It is a bit of a PR spin AC attributing change to traders, nothing more than that. So I wouldn't be patting yourself on the back too much on that front!

• @Coriolanus said in New article: Fti look at the new divs and strategise:

@johnboywalker I think people who tried to silence criticism were more damaging. sycophants and bullies just made it far more partisan. i.e. the 'bad bet' brigade pretending IS removal was traders fault. just heightened the frustration of many.

I don't think licking FIs arse and bullying mr white was very good for FI. likes of mick, black wolf and advinc who have big voices should have been more responsible.

all said and done I don't think FI really care about opinions tho or forum threads... money talks. when guys like me and @BringBackTrueIS take out 6 figure sums that's worth more than 6000 posts on a forum.

I dont recall anyone on here silencing criticism more like retaliation aimed towards traders who suddenly started promoting a "rival" trading site whilst at the same time looking for every angle in which to promote as much negativity to FI over a number of platforms.

A case in point being the forummer you refer to above @BringBackTrueIS who was forumming under the the name of "Footstock is better" or something similar.

As for "Licking FI's arse" - you would be hard pressed to find much evidence of that in my posts but far easier to find numerous posts from me slagging off the IT / CS and other elements of the platform and well as threads bemoaning events such as Sterling scoring a hat trick and his price dropping - something to which you - yourself replied to on twitter accusing me of being a "Negative Nancy"🤣 - If i was otherwise inclined i would call that a form of bullying myself.

Anyways - enough of this bollocks go buy some Messi shares and ATITH

• @Advinculas-Index I mentioned you more for the bullying than arse licking. RE retaliation I seem to recall it only ever being the other way. certainly from my part only ever mentioned it when it was brought up by someone else.

negativity around FI from me was always based on them and only them. they did remove IS right? its not a myth?

• @Coriolanus said in New article: Fti look at the new divs and strategise:

@Advinculas-Index I mentioned you more for the bullying than arse licking. RE retaliation I seem to recall it only ever being the other way. certainly from my part only ever mentioned it when it was brought up by someone else.

I think what you call bullying the rest of us call retaliation. I don't think either party will change their mind so it is pointless discussing it any more.

negativity around FI from me was always based on them and only them. they did remove IS right? its not a myth?

IS has not been removed it has changed. It is not a fact that IS has been removed, so therefore it is a myth.
    We are beginning to see how it will all work, and I am pretty confident when it is all up and running that it will behave largely as it has done previously.

• @Baydog I mean you can nitpick over the naming … there is still a button that says IS... but you know what im talking about lol. its nonsense comments like that that cause arguments and will end up in me showing screenshots of all adam coles lies over the years etc cos its unnecessary to pretend IS wasn't taken away.

• @howsthebacon said in New article: Fti look at the new divs and strategise:

@Westy on the subject of Bruno, I picked him up at 9.28 - looking at his price during the restart he was hitting £11+. Do we expect that again or was that mainly due to him being new and probably dominating the media buzz too?

Whilst he may struggle to keep up his productivity in the new season, I have no doubt he'll still be a strong PB hold but just wondering what price people think he can jump up to?

£15. Easily. Still, in my opinion, the best hold on the index. When the 3 subs rule is back in full effect, Bruno Fernandes will be dominating PB, MB and TOTM.

• @Sol I wasn't thinking that high but at 9.28 - even if he was just to return to his price during the season last year then h'es a bargain

• @Coriolanus

I do know what you are talking about yes. I currently own Waldschmidt (moved to Benfica), Dia (getting linked with Porto), Max (thankfully only 30 shares at 80p as off to PSV) and a few others with links that are making me sweat.

The risk level has increased with the new form of IS because if no traders are willing to make offers on those players then I am relying solely on market makers to buy them off me.

I suspect that there will be bids on most of them that are at the lowest point available, but the option will be there. The ones without the IS price are ones that many people are looking to get out of at the same time, and as soon as new offers appear they get taken. Most seem to be replenished again at various intervals, and it is definitely market makers.

My point is this, between traders offers and market maker offers, the option to instant sell remains. Sure it is different, but give it a few months and I think it will feel pretty similar to how it felt before. I personally would't trade the same way, but I also see lots of new money making opportunities that did not exist with the old IS. Swings and roundabouts