Position changes again

• Faitout Maouassa is flying through the ticker as he's now been classified as a defender. Has this been announced anywhere and have others been changed as well?

Can't believe the continued haphazard approach to this, Hakimi, confirmed Inter player for the last month still at Real M as a defender.

• @Harford-is-God I would be very, very cautious of buying on positional changes during an International week.

In the past some of these changes were temporary, although their club listing would sometimes be switched with nationality, which was a hint that these changes were a temporary measure.

No idea on this player in particular but just be careful with the timing...

• @Harford-is-God said in Position changes again:

Faitout Maouassa is flying through the ticker as he's now been classified as a defender. Has this been announced anywhere and have others been changed as well?

Can't believe the continued haphazard approach to this, Hakimi, confirmed Inter player for the last month still at Real M as a defender.

Agreed the lack of communication is annoying but on a personal note I'm glad Maouassa has been changed, he plays every game as a full back!

The fact he would be changed to a defender was one of the reasons I bought him, just didn't expect it to happen so quickly.

Surely the international factor wouldn't affect him as he is not in the France squad? But who knows.

• Victor Moses was the other change, MID -DEF so it doesn't appear to be led by the international break.

• The Faitout Maouassa position change is well overdue. He's predominantly played full back for at least last few seasons. I think I'm right in saying he would have won DEF PB in last round of he was correctly classified.

• @Dalian-Smyth said in Position changes again:

The Faitout Maouassa position change is well overdue. He's predominantly played full back for at least last few seasons. I think I'm right in saying he would have won DEF PB in last round of he was correctly classified.

It’s the reason I bought him, he was playing fb every game so due a change. Would have been gutted to get 5 instead of 10p if he had scored with the ipd promotion .
    Lucky he only got an assist :-)
    Great hold not only for ipd but for the mid term.

• Hakimi team changed to inter and still defender

• @Gregolocky wondered why he had shot up in value!!

• @Gregolocky Yep, thanks, just seen the ticker.....

Anyone know if other changes have been announced or is it wait and see the ticker?

• What's stopping him being changed back to MID though? Just like we've seen many times on players.

• @chaps1988 I’m guessing here but it could be along with the release of the serie A fixtures teams released their provisional squads and positions

• @chaps1988 said in Position changes again:

What's stopping him being changed back to MID though? Just like we've seen many times on players.

Nothing. Nothing at all. 🤨

There is money to be made and lost here by gambling in an extremely volatile area.

I'm sure he will be a success at Inter under Conte, regardless of positional classification, but i won't be jumping on the train until FI provide more clarity in relation to the current policy of whimsical positional changes based on an opta coin toss! 🤣

• @johnboywalker said in Position changes again:

@chaps1988 said in Position changes again:

What's stopping him being changed back to MID though? Just like we've seen many times on players.

Nothing. Nothing at all. 🤨

There is money to be made and lost here by gambling in an extremely volatile area.

I'm sure he will be a success at Inter under Conte, regardless of positional classification, but i won't be jumping on the train until FI provide more clarity in relation to the current policy of whimsical positional changes based on an opta coin toss! 🤣

Agreed. far too much of a gamble for me with no clarification on what's a DEF and what's a MID. I mean, if Chelsea stick with wingbacks that served them well near end of last season, will Chilwell and R James go to MID? Like we've seen with the likes of Hakimi, Guerreiro and Meunier. There just needs to be certainty by FI saying all wingbacks are DEF, which in my eyes they are! And somehow Cuadrado is still a MID even though plays in a back 4 lol.

• So read on twitter that both Sane and Orsolini have had changes today. Any others known or is there a collective source for this information?

• Not position change but Ignacio Camacho of Wolfsburg has retired age 30 if anyone is interested. Checked his graph and it seems unlikely anyone will be

• Along with players being listed as playing for the correct teams, I’m all for positional changes if they’re correct.

If you buy a player who is clearly listed incorrectly and that gets corrected then so be it.

• Position change is one major thing that bugs me. Why can't it just be once in January or something like this not 4 or 5 times a year. Sane was swapped to MID, now hes back to FWD without even playing a game

• From Twitter (originally from Index Gain)

_20200915_174354.JPG

• Marc Cucurella is another one who switched from DEF to MID, I think it happened a while ago but I hadn’t noticed

• @Daniel Had my eye on him - he will be some player but with no EL for Getafe I'm glad I avoided.