Neymar has COVID

• https://twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/1301153238130061312

This is going to screw a lot of IPD buys up.

And ker-ching for FI.

• COVID is 2 weeks so he may only miss a game or 2. Let the impatient short term clowns sell and take a big loss, then use it as an opportunity to top-up. Surely people buying Neymar aren't doing so just for IPD? He's £10!!!

In other news this must be great for Mbappe's PB potential in the game or 2 Neymar misses!!

• How's it kerching for Fi?

• I may be wrong but I'm pretty sure I remember for the small number of cases in the EPL if they had a positive test, they retested 7 days latter and if it was negative they were clear to play.

• Not due to play until 13th September, he misses one game at best I would imagine.

Enough for the spread to widen and a 4p drop, who the hell lists their shares based on that news?

• I’ll be amazed if the french league is still playing come November. Case numbers not looking good at all.

• I can't believe these clubs aren't keeping their players in a bubble or telling them not to go on holidays etc. Madness! I know they can't be caged animals, but with the money they're on, global expectation, and role model status it's a disgrace imo that they open themselves up to catching it. Selfish twats!

• I know its been done to death - but I think there is enough proof now that professional sports people can just crack on when they catch it - was it a rugby team in England that played, and 8 of them had it????

Yes I know it's about protecting the 0.01% that it kills.

• @Millerman said in Neymar has COVID:

How's it kerching for Fi?

Because there will be a load of idiots selling up, as usual with these things. Every share sold in Neymar is 20p commission (40p on ME).

• @kristiang85 said in Neymar has COVID:

@Millerman said in Neymar has COVID:

How's it kerching for Fi?

Because there will be a load of idiots selling up, as usual with these things. Every share sold in Neymar is 20p commission (40p on ME).

It's the liability they wont have. 10p per share in existence, every time he scores or assists. Between this and Sancho dropping out of the media, the projected liabilities of FI during this promotion period will now be looking far less of an encumbrance

• Di Maria's price dropped quite drastically as the news broke - guessing lots of panic sales or people trying to sell and buy back when it drops more. His price seems to have stabilised as people realise it's not that big a deal.

Expect the same with Neymar.

• I sold Neymar off at just over £10 and was waiting for his price to drop before buying in again...thanks Coronavirus!😁 p.s please don't die...

• @kristiang85 not all the people selling up are idiots, tell me if this is a flawed method but I sold some of my shares at just over £10 as it was dropping. I only paid 9.40 so profited still on those shares. I've now waited for the rest of the index to pick up on the news and the price has dropped further. I've just bought back in at around 9.86 with renewed IPD.

Like Di Maria it should stabilise after the initial drop but if timed right it could be a handy time to recycle some shares for IPD or just to top up in general which I've also done.

• @Marksandygill exactly my thinking, I bought back in but expecting a potential further drop, if it does I'll top up, if it doesn't I've made a quick profit and still got my hold.

• @howsthebacon said in Neymar has COVID:

@kristiang85 not all the people selling up are idiots, tell me if this is a flawed method but I sold some of my shares at just over £10 as it was dropping. I only paid 9.40 so profited still on those shares. I've now waited for the rest of the index to pick up on the news and the price has dropped further. I've just bought back in at around 9.86 with renewed IPD.

I meant those who bought on the enhanced IPD news at current highs and will probably IS for a loss, and then rebuy again when he's back when they realise their mistake. Knee-jerkery always happens on this kind of news, and most of the time holding is the most profitable option.

FI's lifeblood is these kind of traders, IMO.

• @Marksandygill said in Neymar has COVID:

I sold Neymar off at just over £10 and was waiting for his price to drop before buying in again...thanks Coronavirus!😁 p.s please don't die...

He probably won't even get a cough.

• @kristiang85 fair play, I was thinking that when you said 'at a loss' I luckily got in before the bonus news. Managed to buy back in at 9.86 and his IS is back up to around 9.95 now. Tempted to top up even further as I intend to hold him for the season.

And don't slag off those people, they help bump up the shares for the people holding them longterm.

• He's dropping again if anyone wants to top up...9.85

Edit: Just remembered I have Sarabia and Icardi who should definitely now start during bonus IPD due to Di Maria and Neymar's unfortunate Covid situation.