Opta/FI Position Changes

• Quite an important and under-discussed topic imo. With Hakimi staying as a DEF today, how solid is that? Can it not just change overnight again like it’s seemingly been doing on a host of players? There is just no certainty and consistency. For example how are Meunier and Cuadrado MIDs when they play in a back 4?

How does the system work? Do FI ever intervene or is it all automatic from Opta? There has to be some guidelines on what classified as DEF or MID when people have thousands on the line!

• I think off the top of my head the clubs tell opta who then classify the players?!

I would suggest Hakimi will stay as a defender as Ashley Young and D'Ambrosio who play in that position are also classified by Inter as defenders...

Cuadrado plays all along the right side so it's pot luck I guess!

• So I assume Meunier will go back to a DEF then if Guerreiro is?!

• 25A27385-C510-43F2-8369-45FCB77C3A7D.png 339FE774-805E-47D3-8FAE-4D6126CA546D.png

Both at same club, both going to be playing wing back, both described here as wing back. Yet one comes under DEF, the other MID. Bonkers and quite frankly a shit show!

• @chaps1988 Dortmunds website have Guerreiro down as a Defender and Muenier down as a midfielder so Opta and FI can only go on what Dortmund tell them...

• @Marksandygill said in Opta/FI Position Changes:

@chaps1988 Dortmunds website have Guerreiro down as a Defender and Muenier down as a midfielder so Opta and FI can only go on what Dortmund tell them...

Christ, look forward to seeing Meunier play as a 10 this year then 🤔