Kai Havertz

• Deal agreed between Chelsea and Leverkusen as per Sky Sports.

Will we see a spike in price on the back of the deal or does his current price already factor in his move???

• @Brane_Orsou said in Kai Havertz:

Will we see a spike in price on the back of the deal or does his current price already factor in his move???

I believe at 550-610p the move is already factored in short term but will still generate a few MB pennies, however, long term he still looks seriously undervalued mainly due to the market awaiting to see how he settles at a new club/league/country, where Frank plays him & how much gametime/important he is in that system.

Always lots of uncertainty about the successful outcome of any move, especially abroad at such a young age, but I think this kid will look a great investment over the next couple of years around his current price, so would take any inevitably short term profit taking as a good buying opportunity but I'm a long term holder.

• @Geronimo159387 as a long term holder you will no doubt have noticed he was playing as a forward for Leverkusen after the re-start. Was this the case much pre-COVID?

If so, would you have preferred him moving to chelsea and presumably remaining as a Mid, or staying at Leverkusen and being one of those players with a chance of a hugely favourable re-classification?

I do not hold him, although I have for fairly brief spells in the past, but I just wonder if any of that money is 'possible FWD money' at all as opposed to EPL money or front loaded MB money?

• Are Chelsea going to end up like Man City with a massive amount of Squad rotation?!
    Best I can tell at the moment they have;
    Jorginho
    Ziyech
    Kante
    Barkley
    Loftus-Cheek
    Kovacic
    Mount
    Pulisic
    Gilmour
    Odoi
    Havertz
    Werner
    Giroud
    Abraham
    Not including some players who will leave, and probably some of the above will leave, but that's 14 players for maybe 6 starting spots?!

• I’m currently at the front of the sell queue and I’m happy to sell.
    IRL he’s a brilliant player but my main concern is that Chelsea try an replicate the Liverpool formation or tactics where they deploy Havertz as a false 9 in the Firmino role. If this happens his price could fall off a cliff.

• @Gregolocky That would be an absolute waste.

He only played as a 9 for about 6 /7 games after COVID as Volland was injured. Prior to that he drifted between 6/8/10 positions, was always on the ball and his late runs into the box made him difficult to pick up. I also sold recently, really believe he's a generational player but I'm unclear what his role will be at Chelsea and his FI compatability.

• @MickTurbo

Being a forward would be significantly better than a Mid (far less competitive category hence easier to win) & maybe some of the rise has been speculators hoping to see a change. I'm happy holding him as a Mid (my cost price is 264p), even though his PB winnings are likely to be less, so would see a reclassification as an added bonus rather than a reason to hold or not.

I'll be honest that I don't tend to follow the OPTA changes in most of my long term holds (unless I'm looking for an exit) as I think the player will either justify their price with performances or not & although often annoying that such changes can attract significant price speculation (Kimmich, Hakimi etc) it's largely irrelevant unless you intend to trade that player.

The Chelsea move probably hurts his PB slightly (harder league, more squad competition) but adds significantly to his profile. Noone bought him for a Star man performance at BL but when he's top billing/MOTM on match of the day despite not winning Mid PB ,then he'll attract significant buying, so swings & roundabouts but overall good for his long term price IMO.

• @Marksandygill crazy, and I don't see how any of Werner, Pulisic, Havertz and Ziyech can be rotation players. Equally a front 4 would surely not work and would deem Mount, Barkley, Abraham, Giroud, Cheek, Odoi pretty useless as far as first team goes. If I was a Chelsea fan I think I'd have wanted the money spent on a defender.

• @Geronimo159387

Yeh I definitely think it's good for his profile to be in the EPL, particularly as a top bracket young player, and in what's shaping upto be an excellent Chelsea side. I agree that PB or not, I can see Danny Murphy et al doing analysis pieces on him and singing his praises on MOTD. Hes gonna be a definite PB contender also, hes shown he has the attributes, and I think he could be one of the top goal scoring midfielders in the division.

• @Notanyoldnewuser yeah and I can remember last year when Frank was being lauded for bringing young English players through! If I were Mount, Cheek, Barkley, Odoi or Abraham I'd be knocking on his door for a chat!

• Looks like an incredible player but decided to exit around £6, would have loved for him to be the main man at Leverkusen for another season. May get back on later but think it would be high risk to jump in now (even with the likely few days of MB) unless topping up existing shares.

• @Marksandygill said in Kai Havertz:

@Notanyoldnewuser yeah and I can remember last year when Frank was being lauded for bringing young English players through! If I were Mount, Cheek, Barkley, Odoi or Abraham I'd be knocking on his door for a chat!

Lampard has said previous when Chelsea signed Ballack it pushed him onto another level and this is what he expects the signings to do. Also given the huge congestion of fixtures this year, i wouldn't be worried about game time at all. Injuries will happen, players will need to rest etc.

• @Notanyoldnewuser said in Kai Havertz:

@Marksandygill crazy, and I don't see how any of Werner, Pulisic, Havertz and Ziyech can be rotation players. Equally a front 4 would surely not work and would deem Mount, Barkley, Abraham, Giroud, Cheek, Odoi pretty useless as far as first team goes. If I was a Chelsea fan I think I'd have wanted the money spent on a defender.

There is still money for a defender if the right player is available it would have been stupid to pass up on Havertz, he has all the potential to be top 3 players in the world and there was no competition. Not only that but he can play in a multitude of positions including up front. Chelsea have some incredible young CBs in the ranks at the moment as well.

Everyone is saying about how Chelsea need to upgrade the defense but the way Lampard looks at it is if you can kill a team off quickly, then it demoralizes them and then they are out of the game.

• @London-Is-Blue true- a 4-2-3-1 would surely be devastating going forward with pulisic havertz and ziyech behind Werner (or even Werner ziyech and pulisic behind havertz) and chilwell to add. Would you want this as the week in week out first XI or would you want rotation?

• @Notanyoldnewuser I think the Havertz deal was not planned, it was a case of this guy is going to be a world beater and no one else can afford him/wants him we need to sign him.

It depends on how Lampard plans to use Havertz. The rumors are Declan Rice is still on which is another option in Midfield.

I'm happy for the Midfield to rotate to prevent injuries this season, I think Jorginho is pretty much gone to Roma, Barkley can leave as well and that means the midfield even with Rice coming in wouldn't be too bad in terms of numbers.

I mean you could very well be looking at a fluid front three of Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic and a midfield three of Kante or Gilmour or Rice in the holding role and Havertz and Mount against the lower teams and then in big games one of Mount/Havertz swapping for Kovacic and RLC as cover.

I think we need to wait to see how Lampard is going to play because the options are near endless could be two up top with Werner/Havertz. The thing i have loved about Lampard is he is capable of changing the formation and the way the team play when needed, Sarri/Conte played the same way no matter what and being able to adapt with the squad Chelsea have is going to keep other teams guessing (like we are now) which can only be good for Chelsea.

• @Gregolocky how long in sell queue mate if you dont mind me asking

• @silky listed 400 on the 22/07 and started selling yesterday, less than 100 left to go

• thanks for that

• @London-Is-Blue must be exciting to be a Blue at the minute. Toon have signed Jeff Hendrick. What I'd give to have a selection headache like Lampard's.

• @London-Is-Blue said in Kai Havertz:

front three of Ziyech, Werner, Pulisic and a midfield three of Kante or Gilmour or Rice in the holding role and Havertz and Mount against the lower teams and then in big games one of Mount/Havertz swapping for Kovacic and RLC as cover.
    I think we need to wait to see how Lampard is going to play because the options are near endless

Move was definitely priced in.

The dividend review makes it interesting. Pre review would expect a big sell off but with the review his price looks better. I market sold a while ago was happy to get out as don't think it's a great move FI wise.