Introducing.. Offers

• https://trade.footballindex.co.uk/orderbooks/

Think this deserves a thread for itself, let’s discuss!

Early edit: this looks very impressive.

• Finally :) hopefully be a lot easier to exit holds at last.

Still worried the ports will take a relatively substantial hit though.

• Lots to digest, I think however in the first few weeks we could see alot of carnage based on how the market buy price will be calculated.

Screenshot_20200904-165114.png

I could be reading this wrong but if the market buy price effectively becomes your recognised profit and loss in a player there will be lots of volitilty.

• Looks good. Want to know more about the issuance curve as that mechanism is the reason offers can be made above the market buy price i think.
    Also shame that market depth won't be released at same time. That will be needed.
    Looks decent but haven't soaked it all up yet.

• Anyone fancy breaking it down for the new guy?

• Looks great. Looking forward to the market depth feature, think that's going to be massive.

• My brain is fully fried from that 🤯

• I’ve just worked out how to trade efficiently in this system! 😂

I think I get the general idea, although I imagine that watching it in practice will be the only way to work out how it will function. Will it significantly impact the way we trade or simply make it easier to know what to value our offers at? Also, if you can see what the lowest sell offers are, why would you ever instant buy? Surely you just create a buy order matching the lowest sell order you can see that has the volume you want? Apologies if I’m missing something basic.

• Ooof gonna have to fetch my thinking cap here. Dust it down, it's been a while since it was last worn

• This post is deleted!

• @JonesyFI-WH it certainly seems that way based on my first read - I guess those who have been placing bids in this period will take less of a hit.

• @TotalPunt Agree with this, glad there is nearly 7 days to digest fully.

To be fair, the issuance curve is something I've never heard of. Definitely something which will be important to learn.

• @Highfields96 yeah agree. If you've got players at a big discount since only the Bid side of the ME came into play you'll be alright.

• @JDoubleU In real short terms; this is the other half of the Order Books. Currently we just have bids and thats controlling the IS price.

This will allow you to list a player at the price you want to sell rather than getting lucky that someone bid at the time you want to sell. For example, I could list KDB at £5.60 to sell, if you wanted KBD you will be able to see mine and other traders sell offers and you could take whichever offer you wanted or you place a bid like we do now.

Theres plenty of other posters who have more knowledge on the future though.

• @Gregolocky My first reaction - looks complicated but breaking it down, some of this is already in place. Just looks complex when put together; it would have been carnage to launch offers and bids at the same time.

• Okay the old soviet factory that is my brain is slowly whirring up. My basic understanding.

The market price will be the average of the 300 lowest sell orders. If you own that player and want to sell him, you can either undercut down towards the IS price, or sell him for a max 10p higher than the MS price. Presumably then when those lowest sell order sells, the market price could go up if your sells are now included in the 300.

It looks like 'The floor' is replacing the 60% bidding.

The bit I don't understand is what is the price if there are no sells? If I want to buy a player, and no one is selling, what do I pay?

• Have i been hitting the nail on the head here?? I think I well and truly have been ☺️☺️☺️

• @Richio Just the ability to know more about market depth. Currently can really only see an average of the top 300 bids whereas this will list all selling possibilities I think.

There has definitely been a feel of undercutting, but I think it'll help close the spreads over time as the cheap bids will get snapped up quickly leaving the higher bids there. If you want that player, you'd be better accepting a higher offer than placing a bid.

• @TotalPunt said in Introducing.. Offers:

Looks good. Want to know more about the issuance curve as that mechanism is the reason offers can be made above the market buy price i think.
    Also shame that market depth won't be released at same time. That will be needed.
    Looks decent but haven't soaked it all up yet.

Issuance curve is the delta we talk about. Its the number of new shares FI will issue at each penny increment

• @Black-Wolf Was anyone ever in any doubt that you know your shit mate ;)