Only winners

• Does this forum and twitter only have people that win? Or at least the most active forum users are the winners. A lot of people must have bought Messi at around 8 pound, why do we never hear from people that lose

• @Tiger2244 I’m currently about £1 per share down on Toni Kroos and 50p+ down on Mo Salah. They’re my two biggest losses atm

• @Tiger2244 people lose all the time on individual trades. I know ive lost big on a few trades but overall my wins outweigh my losses and the dividends account for nearly half of all that profit.

All profit is on paper though until you withdraw your money so unless everyone withdraws at once we may never know who wins and who loses. People come and go all the time so as it stands it is possible that everyone appears to be winning.

Id imagine the biggest losers though are the ones that join and dont spend the time to understand the product. They join up, play about, make mistakes and leave and are never hear long enough to find their voice on social media so we never hear about it

• I got on Rashford at £8.27 thats currently stinking up my port

• I bought 250 Fred at £1.66. Hes one of only 2 outfield players in my portfolio and im pretty much stuck with him now

• We've all got those mates that only talk when they win bets and act like they're amazing but it's like an iceberg, you dont see what's underwater, all the money lost on bets and that guy is probably overall down.

To be fair, most times when you lose on this you dont want to come and sing about it on the forum but people do mention having to cut their losses and reinvest especially those who have had money in here a long time and have seen the market change a lot recently.

In the month I've been here I'm up overall in my port but made plenty of individual fucks up and taking about them in the forum really helped as experienced users were able to point out where I went wrong.

In terms of Messi though, the forum is such a good tool so most people in the forum were probably quite clued up on what was going on and were getting hypothetical figures from experienced guys so were less likely to jump in at £8! Sure there were a few though.

• You don't hear from people that lose because no one likes highlighting that they fucked up!

But we all have, and will continue to do so, this is gambling after all and no one is perfect!😆

• I bought 100 Daniel James ages ago at £2.98. He's currently sitting at a £130 loss and has won me £2 in dividends.

• If you wanna see losses, my first week on FI - didn't even realise you could bid lower! Haha - managed to get rid of most without damaging my port too much! Still got a load Jimenez, Josh King, an injured De Ligt and Zaha - stinking out the port short term.

• Yeah I have made some shocking buys over the last year. It's going to be much harder now and that's probably why I haven't bought anyone for a couple of months.

• @Tiger2244 said in Only winners:

Does this forum and twitter only have people that win? Or at least the most active forum users are the winners. A lot of people must have bought Messi at around 8 pound, why do we never hear from people that lose

Its almost impossible to have a port full of green. Down on Van Dijk, Samuel Umtiti, Ondrej Duda, Mikel Merino myself plus couple of others. I know plenty that have been down heavily at times. With patience and a little bit of time things turned around. Something I've learnt is there will always be opportunities, you may feel you've missed out on one today but can easily be another tomorrow.

• @Tom7471 said in Only winners:

Yeah I have made some shocking buys over the last year. It's going to be much harder now and that's probably why I haven't bought anyone for a couple of months.

I swear you did a video about a month ago saying you changed your whole port???

• @Tom7471

didnt you buy a load of GKs last month?

https://youtu.be/tyt0FusaT10?t=810

• I've got 210 Lewis Cook at £0.86. I'm down on a few other players by a small amount, but nothing too heavy and I'm confident the prices will rise again in profit.

I was massively down on Brewster for a while too, but a solid 6 months but a good bit of form and I'm back in (hypothetical) profit.

• Paolo Ghiglione is also stinking out the place at Advincula towers

• @Shippers yeah when keepers first came out I bought loads but I have sold them all now. Only got £600 invested now.

• @Advinculas-Index yeah they are all sold now. Haven't bought anyone for a while now. Waiting to see what happens with the orders books. Should be interesting.

• We all talk about our successes more than our disasters. It took me a good six weeks to work out how to trade and I’m still stuck with 1/2 of my nightmare early buys. What I would say is that I think I’ve learned an awful lot on the forum and I’d imagine that anyone else who reads this regularly can’t help but become better traders. We’re only a drop in the ocean, but almost everyone on here is sound and happy to offer advice or answers to any questions new posters may have. So I do wonder if the ‘hit’ ratio on here is above your casual FI traders. But we all fuck up. I’m getting panned on Depay at the moment, even if I’m well up overall (on paper). Twitter I don’t know about, but if the FI Twitterati is like any other group on there then the bullshit will be strong.

• @Tom7471 said in Only winners:

@Shippers yeah when keepers first came out I bought loads but I have sold them all now. Only got £600 invested now.

Fair enough, nothing lost in waiting to see what happens

• Oh I have a few to hand at the minute but I have a lot more showing green than I do blue..👍🏽20200905_220323.png
    20200905_220300.png