Media changes- Phase one

• I believe we are expected to have phase one implemented next week going by what FI have said.

Feel like this has gone under the radar, with so much that has been happening recently around the new dividend chart and Order Books.

c334c7bc-c534-416f-8310-7a20d061ef94-image.png

Adds even more flavour to probably the most exciting week the platform has had to date. Hopefully we see this implemented on time!

Just as a reminder, the big changes in Phase One:

5a3a280f-82af-4340-b13a-62d7df7b660f-image.png

d5c02588-7aab-4768-bc2c-69a25dbbaf65-image.png

7db0637e-35e5-4007-a468-92b89b8c6d73-image.png

8abd1ada-5060-414b-ac38-4bb71e684558-image.png

• @Meridismo04

The sooner MB is revamped the better as the old system wasn't fit for purpose & often resulted in perverse winners. Designing a new system that genuinely reflects media coverage & produces deserved winners isn't going to be easy, so well done FI for finally grasping the nettle but anything will be better than what went before.

I doubt whatever emerges will be the final format & will undoubtedly need further improvements but I'm happy to give them some space & opportunity to get it right & trust that they might realise that customer feedback can be used for positive platform improvements,, especially in such a complicated area such as Media.

• Improving the methods for capturing players names will be a massive step forward. Full names and aliases, and using not just the headline but the opening paragraphs - that will represent a vast improvement.

• How come in one sentence it says "Secondly, we've reviewed our media outlets and decided to add The Athletic", and then immediately below this, they list the media outlets for the 2020/21 season and The Athletic isn't listed?

• @ConnorBWFC That's as a result of my amazing cropping skills you see.

But no, it is listed on the site.

• @Baydog For those still enjoying a seat on the Messi express I think he is a large beneficiary of fixing the full name requirement piece. Someone ran some stats on twitter on this a couple of days back, probably mr FBI Trader

• @TotalPunt said in Media changes- Phase one:

@Baydog For those still enjoying a seat on the Messi express I think he is a large beneficiary of fixing the full name requirement piece. Someone ran some stats on twitter on this a couple of days back, probably mr FBI Trader

Yea I remember that, it turns out Sancho was first and Messi second in players who've missed MB because of articles only using second name - think Messi was something like 70% of headlines used only his surname. That is a MASSIVE uplift to come under the new mechanics, especially after all this transfer kerfuffle 😜

• Will be interesting to see the impact, I wonder if it will have as big an effect as people are assuming - for example, there have been few MB winners from Man U over the last month or so even before any supposed "United bias" has been removed. Nonetheless, we're definitely moving in the right direction with MB.

• @FootballArgos

I am tempted to get some cheaper prem goalscorers in (likes of Maupay, Bowen, Lacazette etc). I could see goalscorers picking up more points on media under the new recognition set up, as they are aiming for it to reflect performance more than it currently does. Quite how much impact it has remains to be seen, but my feeling is that we may see more media wins based upon a goal scoring performance than we currently do (which is the way it should be)

• Surely they’ve already made amendments. We saw immediately how the usual names dropped off and more genuine football articles were getting others involved. I’m sure they must have already pushed some buttons.

• @Baydog that's a good shout, I think the existing system has been decent at rewarding game-winning goals (Sterling won MB yesterday for the England winner) but they could well be further emphasised. Assuming he stays at Arsenal, can see Aubameyang particularly benefitting from not needing his full name in the headline!

• Not 100% sure on this, but think a lot of Mark Noble's points this week may not have counted, as with Messi.

Happy for most of the changes, but I suspect we will have an almost immediate backlash when contract disputes don't earn media. Doesn't mean it won't be an improvement on current situation, but I expect to see a few users complaining that they deserved to win media day because everyone's talking about Sammy Goalscorer being disappointed about a late equaliser from FC Relegationfodder

• @FootballArgos said in Media changes- Phase one:

Will be interesting to see the impact, I wonder if it will have as big an effect as people are assuming - for example, there have been few MB winners from Man U over the last month or so even before any supposed "United bias" has been removed. Nonetheless, we're definitely moving in the right direction with MB.

I can't see removing the word United will make much difference at all really. Its generally the go to team for all the click bait stories. Check out the express article about Wolves new record signing. They've managed to turn it into a Man Utd story!
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1331860/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Fabio-Silva-Raul-Jimenez-Wolves-gossip-rumours

• @Wolf haha, yes I agree. I also think we'd see a lot more Newcastle Utd and Sheffield Utd players in the media rankings if there was as much of a bias as suggested in some quarters.

• Nothing about this mentioned in the September timeline announcement last week so I wouldn’t be surprised if this change has been pushed back.

• @Wolf said in Media changes- Phase one:

@FootballArgos said in Media changes- Phase one:

Will be interesting to see the impact, I wonder if it will have as big an effect as people are assuming - for example, there have been few MB winners from Man U over the last month or so even before any supposed "United bias" has been removed. Nonetheless, we're definitely moving in the right direction with MB.

I can't see removing the word United will make much difference at all really. Its generally the go to team for all the click bait stories. Check out the express article about Wolves new record signing. They've managed to turn it into a Man Utd story!
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1331860/Manchester-United-transfer-news-Fabio-Silva-Raul-Jimenez-Wolves-gossip-rumours

The express are the biggest rats in media, proper do my head in how blinkered they are!

But i own Bruno and Greenwood so i'll reap the benefit of their poor journalism quite often I suspect

Every cloud

• @Gregolocky said in Media changes- Phase one:

Nothing about this mentioned in the September timeline announcement last week so I wouldn’t be surprised if this change has been pushed back.

Yes, we were meant to have a list of the new words-scoring published within a week or two of the media review. Nada, Nothing.

But I'm not moaning, they have done so much in a short space of time lately, it is more than forgivable. Hopefully it is implemented before Christmas :D

• @ScouseSte
    Yeah they are but it definitely makes it more predictable. I don't know why anyone would want to include less of this type of media and also introduce foreign media as it just widens the pool of likely winners

• @Baydog said in Media changes- Phase one:

@FootballArgos

I am tempted to get some cheaper prem goalscorers in (likes of Maupay, Bowen, Lacazette etc). I could see goalscorers picking up more points on media under the new recognition set up, as they are aiming for it to reflect performance more than it currently does. Quite how much impact it has remains to be seen, but my feeling is that we may see more media wins based upon a goal scoring performance than we currently do (which is the way it should be)

This is a good point as how many articles will things like brighton Duo or such like, the dont use the name in the title but do the first paragraph which is something they plan to add so I suspect this will have a huge affect. I wouldnt be surprised if the media review also adds more places paid out or bigger payouts because they have barely touched MB in the recent dividend reviews. Are they saving that to coincide with changes?

• @Black-Wolf

I did have a feeling that they would do something with the MB divs to coincide with the review. It would be nice if they did, but I am hopeful more than expectant on that one...

I am pretty convinced we will see some of the lower value goal scorers gain some value as it becomes clearer that these players now have far more media potential than before. I am thinking that the clubs in Europa will have a bit of an edge, as they often play on a Monday which is a slow news day. It may be likewise for the teams in CL that play on a Sunday, but quite often Sunday is a day for transfer news in the tabloids certainly..

ps @FootballArgos I bought into Aubameyang yesterday, that is a good shout