Port now v Port Then (only if your comfy with it)

• So we can get a feel for how much affect this here order book jobby is going to have, I'm planning on popping a screen shot of my all time % figure before bed time tonight.

I can then sleep tight and upon waking, pop another screen shot of what happens once IT allow the site to be open again (maybe a week or so, depends on how much goes wrong).

Then again a few days later - just so we can see and cuddle each other if it all goes wrong and all that munny we were due to have, has disappeared (or grown).

It's all going to be ok....isn't it?

• Just noticed the downtime is 06:00 onwards..... I suppose you can't fail to meet a deadline if one doesn't exist.

• @Millerman said in Port now v Port Then (only if your comfy with it):

So we can get a feel for how much affect this here order book jobby is going to have, I'm planning on popping a screen shot of my all time % figure before bed time tonight.

I can then sleep tight and upon waking, pop another screen shot of what happens once IT allow the site to be open again (maybe a week or so, depends on how much goes wrong).

Then again a few days later - just so we can see and cuddle each other if it all goes wrong and all that munny we were due to have, has disappeared (or grown).

It's all going to be ok....isn't it?

Well let's start now...

Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 00.47.03.png

• @Millerman its worth noting that whatever someone offers for your players doesnt change your own valuation of that player, so while some might see drops tomorrow and panic, those with level heads should look at that and think ‘well i think he’s worth more than that’ and therefore buy those low valuations.

Just because someone may offer your players for sale for less than you value them doesnt change your original valuation it just means someone is looking to sell and thats all. Make your valuations and stick to them but most of all dont panic if you see a drop in price because that drop may trigger a purchase and therefor leading to less people trying to sell meaning higher prices

• @Millerman

The other question would be how long until we get back to today's portfolio value?

I have a 65k portfolio, kind of expecting a 10% drop in values and will be delighted if my portfolio value stays above 60k. Hope once the dust settles and all leagues resume then I can be back to 65k by the end of October, or by Christmas at the latest.

• @Martyn-B said in Port now v Port Then (only if your comfy with it):

@Millerman

The other question would be how long until we get back to today's portfolio value?

I have a 65k portfolio, kind of expecting a 10% drop in values and will be delighted if my portfolio value stays above 60k. Hope once the dust settles and all leagues resume then I can be back to 65k by the end of October, or by Christmas at the latest.

The sell queue doesn't dissolve until October 1st right?

At which point, players prices will rise given the amount of unlisting that will happen. So there's a bit of a bounce built into the transition.

I guess the question is... will that be the trigger point for the race to the bottom?

The transfer windows close later this year too and there's usually a bit of excitement that goes hand-in-hand with that, but obviously Xmas won't be far behind by that point.

• @Martyn-B

With the dividends on offer and the new season underway it is hard to imagine that players will not go up in value to reflect their new potential yields. I have a lot of sub £2 players with 20%+ spreads at present, so potentially I could see 20% of paper profit disappear. However one gold day star man win is paying back 25%. IPDs are paying back 10% per goal for the next couple of weeks and 2% after that.. It is hard to imagine that prices will stay low because the rewards on offer are so high

• I'll be honest peeps I don't have a fecking scooby what's going to happen.

I have traded the shit out of my port to the tune of nearly £1k in 'port profit' in the last 3 weeks........loads of hours of graft and flipping players for 7 and 8p's.

And I have no idea what that means once the 2nd part comes in. I don't hold any player anymore because 'i like them' its all about making as much brass as I can before I have to sell up come the end of the year.

• @Dan-The-Man the only times we will see a race to the bottom is when people are desperate to sell quickly. Trading injuries is about to become very volatile

• @Millerman You had me at 'cuddle'

• @Black-Wolf

That and bad transfers to non PB leagues or to a team where their PB ability is subsequently reduced

• @Black-Wolf said in Port now v Port Then (only if your comfy with it):

@Dan-The-Man the only times we will see a race to the bottom is when people are desperate to sell quickly. Trading injuries is about to become very volatile

When people start seeing prices fluctuate like crazy, a degree of panic and FOMO will likely increase volatility across the board though right?

So for example, Neymar (or whoever) bangs a hatrick in tomorrow nights game, at a time when everyone is paying careful attention to the platform... he starts rising rapidly, people want to jump on the train, accept a lower bid and now the price of the player drops... someone seeing the drop panics, goes in under and we're off to the races.

When the great unlisting happens on October 1st... thats' a lot of volatility.

Also... not take this thread down the politics route but there's a speech tonight that could spook a few.

• @Dan-The-Man I think we are seeing that bounce in price over the past few days, rather than on the 1st of October.

To use a player we both hold, Cuadrado as an example. Current price 72p, IS 50p, top bid 52p. Yesterday I could list a 1,000 shares and drop his price a penny. Unlist a 1,000 and I could raise his price a penny.

When shares are kicked out of the sales queue on the 1st of October I don't think 1,000 shares being returned to my portfolio will increase the price, as that will be set by the bids in place. So the price in my portfolio will probably be around 60p, at the end of September and the first of October, so no bounce.

Think I have got this right and the reason I have cancelled all sales.

• @Martyn-B said in Port now v Port Then (only if your comfy with it):

@Dan-The-Man I think we are seeing that bounce in price over the past few days, rather than on the 1st of October.

To use a player we both hold, Cuadrado as an example. Current price 72p, IS 50p, top bid 52p. Yesterday I could list a 1,000 shares and drop his price a penny. Unlist a 1,000 and I could raise his price a penny.

When shares are kicked out of the sales queue on the 1st of October I don't think 1,000 shares being returned to my portfolio will increase the price, as that will be set by the bids in place. So the price in my portfolio will probably be around 60p, at the end of September and the first of October, so no bounce.

Think I have got this right and the reason I have cancelled all sales.

Okie dokie.... well, I'm in the rare position of not feeling like I have a clue ha. So, I'm just gonna try listen to you, @Black-Wolf and the rest of the chaps on here.

I worry that there's going to be a lot off people caught of guard by whats about to happen. I'd imagine that over the coming weeks/month, the number of "I hate this" threads will skyrocket as panic sets in. I'm sure, FI probably have something up their sleeve, like a transfer bonus in the last week of the transfer window.

• Surely if people want to sell their players at stupidly low prices that's a good thing for many?!
    I'm not sure it will happen, but if it does I'll be amongst the many buying them!😆

• @Baydog Fully agree, I have a lot of sub £2 and I have always played for dividends. I am expecting a bit of a kicking tomorrow as I still have 800 Pogba who currently has no IS price but I expect the rest of my portfolio to rally around him and hopefully counterbalance his dip tomorrow. I am not trading for a few days and see what it looks like next week.

• @Dan-The-Man

I'm in the same camp I have not really a clue which way it will go, but my gut feeling is FI will be heavily involved in trying to keep prices quite stable for the first couple of months... This will be via a combination of market makers squeezing the spreads and FI adjusting the bid zones to keep things stable. There will be volatility but I do not think that there is the same feeling as there was when buy orders came in. I'd say at the current time vastly more people are thinking about who to buy rather than who to sell - and those who are selling will be looking for a decent price not just putting them on the market a few pence above buy offers

• @Dan-The-Man Negative threads are a certainty. As are some traders losing money and some making money. FI will probably have something up their sleeves too, 5th Birthday is imminent.

Long term I am very excited about OB's and the future of FI. Just going to take a little time to readjust to the new set up for all of us as portfolios across the board settle at their "true" value, then upwards trajectory again.

• @Dan-The-Man what speech?

• @Black-Wolf guessing he means the prime minister or one of his cronies...but what about? :/