1000 to go on......

• So having worked out the maths, if I IS'd my whole port, I'd still be just under a grand up in the last year. Iv decided to now deposit another 1000. Anyone got suggestions on where this should go? Would I be best to maybe top up or look for ipd's. I'm a dividend chaser, imo they drive the market.. Interested to hear some pumps... Thanks to the forum for your guidence over the year.

• @AndydfopT just top up your shares in Bruno Fernandes. Enjoy the Constant dividend wins and capital appreciation over the season! 👍🏼

• Pretty hard to know until we see the market settle post downtime. Obviously the likes of Messi, fernandes, neymar return divs regularly, but value is based on how much you can get a player for

• @MickTurbo said in 1000 to go on......:

@AndydfopT 20200910_101506.jpg
    20200910_101524.jpg
    20200910_101540.jpg
    20200910_101604.jpg

I second this pump. 😂

• @MickTurbo do you think there’s more capital to made on him possibly?

• He’s been 1.20ish during a terrible run of form after joining Villarreal. If he can get back to where he was early at Dortmund he can go up 50/60p max imo.

• @AndydfopT

I think the fear amongst many users at the moment is that player prices could drop or become extremely volatile with the implementation of full order books.

I can understand their concerns with overpriced players like Sancho and Mbappe who rarely compete for PB, or fairly priced, proven PB talents like Bruno/Neymar and Trent.

For me, the safest place to put money at a time like this, if you are interested in chasing PB wins is Mr reliable, Joshua Kimmich.

At £5.90 and only 25 years old, he is the future of both Bayern and Germany and will genuinely compete for PB in almost every game he plays. Furthermore, at the end of your 3 year hold, I would expect that you will be able to sell Kimmich for more than he is currently worth.

I wouldn't be in a rush to spend that cash though mate, just survey the landscape over the coming 24 hours and see if any opportunities present themselves.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

• @Tiger2244 10p a goal. Very favourable fixtures. Scoring plenty in pre season including a penalty. You would have to fancy him for a few goals vs Huesca, Eibar and Alaves. I mean maybe even against Barca, his former club. The pile in will be considerable. And I could see him st £1.40 before a balls kicked, so yeh mate I could see a big spike coming potentially. EL also

• @johnboywalker he is definitely a player who I see as tank proof. Even throughout the volatility last night he was going up! Just wish I had more shares in him, will be looking to top up at 2pm.

• 1st choice Goalkeepers are worth keeping an eye on. Not as exciting, but safe holds. IPDs in September against prices are very good as well.

• @johnboywalker I don't hold kimmich, I think you are right in what you say though. I felt I may have missed an opportunity when he had a big rise a while back. I bought Kroos at 4.80 and he has been my worst buy. Went down ever since lol.

• @MickTurbo that is a good shout from a pro forum member. Your suggestions have served me well in the past. Do you feel age is against him? Will you exit after ipd's?

• @AndydfopT said in 1000 to go on......:

@johnboywalker I don't hold kimmich, I think you are right in what you say though. I felt I may have missed an opportunity when he had a big rise a while back. I bought Kroos at 4.80 and he has been my worst buy. Went down ever since lol.

The problem with Kroos is that he is a depreciating asset (will be 31 in January) in a team that was temporarily struggling. It is still unclear if Zidane sees Kroos as a part of the long term future, whereas Kimmich will be integral to Bayern till the day he retires.

Basically, what I'm saying is, Kimmich is the new model of the same car, but with all the additional extras and better resale value. 🤣🤷‍♂️🚗

• @Sol that was my initial thought mate, then kimmich n paco have made me think. Maybe a bit of all 3?

• @johnboywalker I hold Kimmich - bought at 4.65 before the CL. Only a short time but been the most exciting hold I've had yet, like you say you know he will always be in the running for divs. Age and importance to the team are bonus' to his price.

Currently sat on 15% yield on divs and 25% CA so not been a bad couple of months for him.

Edit: I bought KDB the other day, I'm hoping he will be similarly exciting albeit slightly older.

• @AndydfopT

Just depends what his price does mate. I mean if he bags a brace vs huesca and is suddenly £2 then its gonna give me a decision to make of course. It may be that I'd harvest the divs, looking at other very likely exit points vs Eibar and Alaves.

So I'm looking at him as a cap app hold, but one that is driven by a period of extremely promising dividend potential. The beauty us that if he somehow contrived to not deliver IPDs in this period of great fixtures, he has the back drop of the EL, where a streak of form is gonna put him in the mix for TOTM with the 1.25 multiplier.

So whilst I am hoping for a favourable exit point in the relatively short term, I can afford to be choosy, waiting for that exit point to be absolutely optimal, because circumstances make him a perfectly decent hold for the longer term, should I end up mistiming it, although mistiming an exit is actually almost inexcusable these days because even if you offer too late for the pile in, a spiking player will generally have a very tight spread so u can just hit the pink button these days

• @MickTurbo sound advice, I really appreciate your thoughts. I'm very much a long term trader and will happily sit on a hold for 3 years. You know your stuff so I think il have a bit of paco

• @Highfields96

I think alot of people are getting caught up in the fact that he came second on several occasions last season, but don't realise that this Bayern team play a completely different style of football under Hansi Flick.

Kimmich is central to everything that happens in that team. Surely if you lads watched any of the Bundesliga or Champions League since the restart you will have noticed. Free kicks, corners, he just racks up easy points. He even scores goals now! 🤯🤣

There are only a handful of players I would say are guaranteed to compete for PB every game. Interestingly, they all seem to be set piece takers for top teams. Make of that what you will ...

Neymar, Messi, De Bruyne, Kimmich, Trent and possibly a few others.

• @johnboywalker Added a single Messi to my portfolio yesterday with the view to adding some more today with offer launch. Can't go wrong at the lowest bid zone.

Always nice to have a left-field punt come off but I enjoy watching Messi, Kimmich and KDB so makes sense for me to have them in my holds too